Not to To Worry

Swenlin's latest:

http://www.decisionpoint.com/ChartSpotlite...90227_lows.html

DOW/S&P with 3 handles in 2010...gulp...i don't think we go anywhere near that low but never say never... :ph34r:

SPX 300! Gulp, maybe my 195 ain't so crazy.

He is looking at roughly an 80% decline that parallels 1929 (90%).

What would C be trading at then...er..would C even still be trading :rolleyes:

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's wrap up the week.

The guberment worked really really hard and produced a bill banning pet chimps

Troop withdrawal begins in Iraq

Even Pretcher got tired of the selling and gave the mother of all signals

Bernanke denies they are really nationalizing banks, but hey we will play a game called 'Stress Test' instead

Did I miss anything?

ST SAN FRANCISCO -- Caifornia's unemployment rate hit 10.1 percent in January, the highest level in 26 years, as more than 1.8 milllion state residents looked for work last month without success.

Images

Hundreds of people wait in line to get into a job fair in...Job seekers wait in line to enter a job fair in San Mateo.People wait in line for job-seeking advice in San Mateo. View Larger Images

A state Employment Development Department report issued Friday said California employers eliminated 79,300 payroll jobs in January. Since January 2008, the state has lost 494,000 payroll jobs as California's losses in this economic downturn continue to exceed the nation's

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...2.DTL&tsp=1

I noticed that we had 117 users on IDS at one point today. Prior intermediate lows were around 130 users. In March 2003 it was between 220 and 250. There are fewer people in the market now. More have been wiped out. My guess is that at the next low we should see something like 130-150 and at THE low, I'd expect to be over 200 again.

At the top in July and October ought seven, we were actually running below 30 at some points during the day.

I seen the number of abusers creep up during the day. It would be interesting to plot this info on a daily chart and compare it with the spx, complemented with moving averges and linear regression channels etc. Also interesting, today , there are over 7000 people who have registered with the board, which would have to be considerably higher than was in 2003, but it seems that the average abusers on a daily basis has remained somewhat the same - the masses are a peculiar bunch. However, on an individual basis, that Shorty is a real strange bird.

What was the Elliot count around late March 1931? Or maybe December 1930?

Here's one, I think from Marketclues. Somebody posted it here six years ago.

By this count, the decline from the 29 top had a short A & B, and a longgg C.

By contrast this A has already lopped off half the market cap, so the C can't be that much longer than A in nominal terms.

I'm looking for C to bottom in summer 2010. Curious about Prtzl's timeframe for same - he's more accomplished here, I'm sort of a junkyard Ewoofer and use it as a supplement.

post-928-1235776005_thumb.png

SPX 300! Gulp, maybe my 195 ain't so crazy.

He is looking at roughly an 80% decline that parallels 1929 (90%).

What would C be trading at then...er..would C even still be trading :rolleyes:

I think you are witnessing the last days of C. They shouldn't even be trading right now if it were not for uncle sam's intervention. These are indeed historical times.

post-1339-1235778244.jpg

Calif is proposing a statewide standard for septic systems. The state water board is currently having public hearings in different counties and the public outcry is strong. A key part of the new standards means somebody actually goes out and looks at your supposed septic system and checks that against county records. We have a strong illegal weed industry here not to mention the meth labs and building done without permits so sending out state inspectors to your home brings out a strong reaction from the locals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can just see the look on these guys when the inspector asks what with that 2000 sq ft addition with no windows and a vent over what's it for.

This thing is still accelerating boys and girls....and we just CLOSED below a DECADE of support...this is the type of place where crashes happen....

You cannot rule out something like this for March.....we are in the Crash Window after all...on a friggin' Monthly time frame!

Did somebody say sumthin' about bad astro?

Archived