Price Keeping Operations

Trading range, more aptly named gaming range, will remain in force until the war starts. Volume will continue to shrink...until the war starts. It is the reason the upside has a ceiling and the downside hasn't accelerated. The sigmoid market pattern is a playable option...until the war starts. That is the only real short-term issue the markets are listening to. USD, economic data, Warren Buffet...all backseat (each would normally cause a huge sell-off).

When the war issue is resolved...LOB.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riddle me this - how can Crapvision link every meaningless gyration of the market to Iraq but never seem to link anything to the NK situation?

Oh yeah, sending 24 bombers to Guam is really going to show Kim Jong Il! Probably will have the same effect as waving an extra large roll of aluminum foil at my schizophrenic brother-in-law. Good move, idiots!

I now think that some form of Korean war is more likely than not. If true, this could easily lead to a nuclear exchange. Is that 10 Sigma enough for everyone?

O.K.-now we know big time rescue efforts for equities will be made by the PPT--but even if they

fail--gold is going nowhere today--it has no sponsorship-we are back to the "bad old days", when every gold-positive factor is in play on a given day yet gold is flat to down by the end of the COMEX session. The gold shorts are definitely running the show today. As always, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong-as for stocks, it looks like they'll be down at least a c-note no matter how many " trainloads of fiat" are shipped down to Wall St. I say that because U.S. futs have been manipulated up to near unch and Europe has clawed its way to the unch line--a more bullish set up--as we all know--would be a down Europe & down U.S. futs.& a quick 100 pt down open...

Gold(CMX) Apr 353.4 358.8 353.1 354.1 +0.8 3/5/2003 3:58 354.0 354.2

Silver(CMX) May 466.5 470.0 466.5 468.0 +0.8 3/5/2003

Archived