Laughter Hours

I haven't been around much, too much work to do and I didn't want to play with the dow 10k showgoose.

Jimi and my other fellow CA stoolies need to get ready and pay up $50 billion for CalPERS!:

The cost of shoring up Calpers, the troubled $200 billion pension fund for California public employees, will ultimately fall on the state's 38 million residents, who are already dealing with tax increases and reduced public services.

The state and local governments are contractually bound to increase their payments to Calpers to help it make up for its investment losses of more than $50 billion in the fiscal year ended June 30. Officials around the state are calling for more oversight of Calpers, which announced Wednesday it was investigating fees paid by its investment managers.

source

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jimi and my other fellow CA stoolies need to get ready and pay up $50 billion for CalPERS!:

The cost of shoring up Calpers, the troubled $200 billion pension fund for California public employees, will ultimately fall on the state's 38 million residents, who are already dealing with tax increases and reduced public services.

The state and local governments are contractually bound to increase their payments to Calpers to help it make up for its investment losses of more than $50 billion in the fiscal year ended June 30. Officials around the state are calling for more oversight of Calpers, which announced Wednesday it was investigating fees paid by its investment managers.

source

they gambled and lost CA taxrapees' money in risky ream estate schemes and leveraged common stock speculations

now they're back to steal more, to make up for their gambling losses

if they had gotten lucky and scored big with their gambling, would they have shared any of their winnings with the taxrapees?

nope

so why do the pensionless private sector suckers keep bending over and letting the public sector employees piledrive their keysters with a vengeance?

I think one of the dominant themes of 2010 is "who actually owns the mortgage"

The slicing and dicing of mortgage notes will be a mess that takes years to undo.

There are now plenty of stories of people living a year or two in homes while they don't pay their mortgages anymore and the banks do nothing.

So much fraud to sort through.

Here you go Shorty, Double Dippers Exposed:

O.C. double-dippers rake in nearly a half million a year

October 14th, 2009, 5:13 am · 221 Comments · posted by Jennifer Muir

There’s nothing like sticker shock.

That’s just what The Watchdog gets looking at the total amount of dinero county bigwigs like CEO Tom Mauk and Sheriff Sandra Hutchens collect each year.

When you add up the pensions they collect from their previous place of employment, and the salaries and benefits they accrue in O.C., they’re raking in nearly a half million bucks a piece. (More specifically, Hutchens earns $492,243 a year from her pension, salary and benefits, and Mauk gets $487,805. We’ll break down those figures later in this post.)

Mauk and Hutchens are among the other type of double-dippers working in Orange County. You might remember that the Watchdog wrote a couple weeks ago about Orange County employees who retire, start collecting their pensions, then come back to the county to work part-time.

At the time, many of you asked about double-dippers such as Hutchens and Mauk: People who simultaneously collect a pension check and paycheck because they’ve retired from one government agency, then gone to work for another. The Watchdog heard your whistle.

The practice is common among government employees with pension deals that allow them to retire young with nearly the same pay they made during their working years.

Source

More good news in the Florida housing market. Houses with toxic Chinese drywall are getting their insurance canceled, which puts them technically in default on their mortgages.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091015/ap_on_...chinese_drywall

The federal government is studying the problem and considering some sort of relief for homeowners.

Meanwhile, the AP interviewed several homeowners who, like the Ivorys, were unlucky enough to 
purchase properties built with Chinese drywall, and are now being hit with a second and third wave 
of bad news: Their insurers are declining to fill their claims, then canceling the policy or issuing notices 
that policies won't be renewed until the problem is fixed. The homeowners have little recourse since 
neither the Chinese manufacturers nor the Chinese government are likely to respond to 
any lawsuits or reimburse them for the defective drywall.

Nice, huh? We taxpayers are going to bail out the criminal Chinese companies that made this toxic crap.

Holy hanky panky at the office! I'm not sure how this one slipped under the radar, but CNBS should be called SiNBC.

FWIW, I was searching the internet looking for a Ben Bernanke halloween mask. A few misdirected random clicks later and...

Posted: 2:43 AM, January 19, 2009 (old news - did we all miss this, or just me?)

Quick, 36, who hosts the early-morning CNBC show with Carl Quintanilla and Joe Kernen, quietly married the show's executive producer, Matthew Quayle, a few months ago - which has drawn grumbles from co-workers regarding the ethical ramifications. "He is her direct superior, so it's a little weird," groans one insider. "She's definitely been getting preferential treatment since they got together."

Quayle, 38, who has been with CNBS for 16 years, was also married with two kids before he and Quick started dating. "He is a big Christian and would always talk about the church. And then he left his wife and babies for her. What a hypocrite," snips an insider.

Reached for comment, a spokesperson for CNBS told Page Six, "All three anchors on 'Squawk Box' - Becky Quick, Joe Kernen and Carl Quintanilla - have married CNBC producers.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/squawking_...UzQlhbGmpuJh0bK

I guess there's no reason to keep bashing their credentials.

I wonder who that douche Kneale had to sleep with to get his job!

More good news in the Florida housing market. Houses with toxic Chinese drywall are getting their insurance canceled, which puts them technically in default on their mortgages.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091015/ap_on_...chinese_drywall

The federal government is studying the problem and considering some sort of relief for homeowners.

Meanwhile, the AP interviewed several homeowners who, like the Ivorys, were unlucky enough to 
purchase properties built with Chinese drywall, and are now being hit with a second and third wave 
of bad news: Their insurers are declining to fill their claims, then canceling the policy or issuing notices 
that policies won't be renewed until the problem is fixed. The homeowners have little recourse since 
neither the Chinese manufacturers nor the Chinese government are likely to respond to 
any lawsuits or reimburse them for the defective drywall.

Nice, huh? We taxpayers are going to bail out the criminal Chinese companies that made this toxic crap.

There should be lots of unemployed construction crews ready to rip out the old drywall and install new for pennies on the dollar.

Getting Oiled Up – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Thursday, October 15, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Surprisingly, only 3 of the 9 cycle based stock screening measures were stronger on Thursday. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Archived