bags

We are the douche

bags,

No time for losers

cuz we are the douche bags.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we had a softball team, we know what our team name would be.

Come to think of it, maybe the Washington Nationals could change their name.

How great would that be!

I humbly submit the following addition to your Douche Bag lyrics...

I've been called a douche

for shorting sometimes

I've been called "unpatriotic"

but committed no crimes,

And as for financials

Well I've shorted a few

I've borne my share of ass-blast rallies --

but I've come through.

We are the Douche Bags, my friends

And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end,

We are the Douche Bags,

We are the Douche Bags,

No time for losers

Cause we are the Douche Bags... of the Stool.

I've heard Crapvision make,

Many dumb bottom calls...

They've brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it --

I thank them all.

But it's been no bed of roses,

No pleasure cruise

It's a financial challenge for the whole human race,

And even Douche Bags can lose...

We are the Douche Bags, my friends

And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end,

We are the Douche Bags,

We are the Douche Bags,

No time for losers

Cause we are the Douche Bags... of the Stool.

The administration may create 100,000 jobs to help administer <_< the $787 billion economic stimulus package, said Max Stier, who runs the Partnership for Public Service, a non-profit group that monitors government employment.

100,000 jobs "created" :rolleyes:

what will these people produce?

nothing

they will consume

these "jobs" will not strengthen the economy, they will weaken it

the same is true of much of the wasteful spending on "education" and "health care" and "green economy"

of the three, at least some of the "green economy" spending will result in inventions and real production

the rest is all a total waste IMO

of course if you are an individual who stands to personally benefit from pocketing some of the money, you might disagree, and who can argue that it's not good for you, of course it is, you win....but it's not good for the overall economy to waste money on non-productive efforts

the economy will not turn around until we focus on creating real wealth, from mining, manufacturing, farming, production, invention and innovation

focusing on tax angles, handouts, bailouts, lawsuits, "investing" (i.e., speculation), political payoffs and fake makework jobs will only prolong the recession

but maybe that's exactly what some people want

note: this is not a political comment, it's an economic one

The bear market ended this week. Major bear trap below the Oct 2002 low of 7197. I knew registering here would be a jinx end. The bear market was fun while it lasted.

Was expecting a major low as of Wed, Mar 11. Never did get the real washout as far as fear goes, volatility and equity p/c ratios. But, it looks like it's time to ride the long side.

The powers that be made it quite evident they were ending the bear market this week with all of the brainwashing media techniques, a fluff story on bank failues last Sunday on 60min's, cnbs running a Warren Buffet fluff piece titled restoring the trust, Bernanke bascially saying he'll save the banks early in the week while speaking at the council on foreign relations, and Bernanke will be appearing on 60min's this Sunday evening(I'm sure it'll be bullish in nature). I may have missed a few in there, but this is enough.

With the Fed tuesday and expiration week, it's likely the Dow run to anywhere from 8k to 8.5k

The bear market ended this week. Major bear trap below the Oct 2002 low of 7197. I knew registering here would be a jinx end. The bear market was fun while it lasted.

Was expecting a major low as of Wed, Mar 11. Never did get the real washout as far as fear goes, volatility and equity p/c ratios. But, it looks like it's time to ride the long side.

The powers that be made it quite evident they were ending the bear market this week with all of the brainwashing media techniques, a fluff story on bank failues last Sunday on 60min's, cnbs running a Warren Buffet fluff piece titled restoring the trust, Bernanke bascially saying he'll save the banks early in the week while speaking at the council on foreign relations, and Bernanke will be appearing on 60min's this Sunday evening(I'm sure it'll be bullish in nature). I may have missed a few in there, but this is enough.

With the Fed tuesday and expiration week, it's likely the Dow run to anywhere from 8k to 8.5k

guess I could add the talk of restoring the short-sale uptick rule and loosening mark-to-market regulations and the celebration of Bernie being put in the pokey....closure, let's move on...rally caps

could also add the resurfacing of Hypertiger, the Cramer fear meltdown on TV, both contrary indicators, and Prechter's call to cover and take short profits (what I consider a correct indicator, I happen to like the guy)

don't they call it Bear's Capitulation? and if they do, don't the usually happen near a top of some kind?

and a week ago, over the weekend, I was 100% long and sitting in fear now .... again in fear cause I am short.

It just really rolls off the tongue.

Hey the changed the Washington Bullets to the Washington Wizards. Why not the Washington Douchebags!

Leading off for the Douchebags....

I refuse to buy C, BAC, AIG, GM or any of the other huge winners this week which not coincidentally are the very ones whose very existence now is due to government.

Obviously, I am a douche bag.

If you have traded these now fine, but please don't ever ever ever ever complain about the government again with oh so pure libertarian logic. Please.

What does trading strategy have to do with political point of view?

"Investment strategy" may well be based on a particular view of the world, including political outlook, but if you trade based upon a political point of view then you are, well, a douche bag.

Archived