No More Friday Happy Print

Pattern working like a charm.

All we need now is a 300 point needle.

622943[/snapback]

I wonder if the pigmen will defend the 13K level? :rolleyes:

622949[/snapback]

The pigmen can't defend anything. They're the ones lying on the ground bleeding out.

If ever there was a crash setup, this is it.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

622943[/snapback]

622949[/snapback]

Is a bear catholic? Does the pope poop in the woods?

These round numbers always have a certain funk about them!

I believe this was the NDX's worst week since the bull mkt began

622940[/snapback]

You have a typo. You mean since the bear market began.

This one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

622957[/snapback]

No kidding. I've been harping all year about the banks underperformance as the most potentially negative thing I've seen in ages, as many bear markets tend to be preceded by banks underperformig for some time.

Check this out...

This the BKX relative to the NYA

Between June 1998 and March 2000 (that month sure rings a bell), the BKX underperformed the NYA by 30%, then reversed, giving us the 2000-2003 bear market.

But now look at the BKX underperformance since July 2003 until now. A whopping 40%.

post-1762-1194648281_thumb.jpg

Friday 4:30 Finagler Follies.

J.P. Morgan, B. of A. warn of more mortgage hits

By Alistair Barr, MarketWatch

Last Update: 4:39 PM ET Nov 9, 2007

Print E-mail Subscribe to RSS Disable Live Quotes

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Banking giants J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and Bank of America Corp. said Friday that turbulent credit markets will likely dent fourth-quarter results.

Bank of America (BAC:, , ) announced that dislocations in the market for

collateralized-debt obligations, or CDOs, will knock earnings for the fourth quarter.

MarketWrench

622955[/snapback]

:P

http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/

post-1762-1194648550.png

622943[/snapback]

622949[/snapback]

The pigmen can't defend anything. They're the ones lying on the ground bleeding out.

If ever there was a crash setup, this is it.

622958[/snapback]

A truly wonderous way to end the week! :D

My guess is there will be more than a few margin calls going out for next week... :o

I'm going to enjoy the weekend, whilst pleasantly contemplating the number of possible hedge fund blow-ups that must be commencing (not unlike heated kernels in a radiated bag of Microwave popcorn).... :rolleyes:

Big time liquidation next week and/or emergency Fed intervention?

Krammer's comin' on now -- will love to see how the rube spins this week! :P

Friday 4:30 Finagler Follies.

J.P. Morgan, B. of A. warn of more mortgage hits

By Alistair Barr, MarketWatch

Last Update: 4:39 PM ET Nov 9, 2007

Print E-mail Subscribe to RSS Disable Live Quotes

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Banking giants J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and Bank of America Corp. said Friday that turbulent credit markets will likely dent fourth-quarter results.

Bank of America (BAC:, , ) announced that dislocations in the market for

collateralized-debt obligations, or CDOs, will knock earnings for the fourth quarter.

MarketWrench

622955[/snapback]

:P

http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/

622964[/snapback]

Oh my, the sarcasm. :lol:

Amid the turmoil of Citigroup’s massive writedown, Merrill Lynch losing a multitude, and banks lining up (or not lining up) to provide funding for an Entity that will cause chocolate to never melt and beer to always stay cold,  J.P. Morgan was praised for posting a 2% increase in net income.

50 billion bools of beer on the wall.

"JPMorgan Chase & Co Inc (JPM.N: Quote, Profile , Research) on Friday said shaky credit markets could trigger more write-downs in the fourth quarter as the bank is exposed to about $50 billion worth of leveraged loans, risky subprime mortgages and collateralized debt obligations."

622928[/snapback]

was that at 4:01pm?

622930[/snapback]

I saw it at least a half hour before the close.

I believe this was the NDX's worst week since the bull mkt began

622940[/snapback]

You have a typo. You mean since the bear market began.

This one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

622957[/snapback]

No kidding. I've been harping all year about the banks underperformance as the most potentially negative thing I've seen in ages, as many bear markets tend to be preceded by banks underperformig for some time.

Check this out...

This the BKX relative to the NYA

Between June 1998 and March 2000 (that month sure rings a bell), the BKX underperformed the NYA by 30%, then reversed, giving us the 2000-2003 bear market.

But now look at the BKX underperformance since July 2003 until now. A whopping 40%.

622963[/snapback]

OMG, I had no idea......That is scarier than a man, dressed as a woman, with a knife, surprising you in the shower!

post-1110-1194649481.jpg

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Mall operators are betting the early bird gets the worm during this year's Thanksgiving holiday shopping weekend.

More shopping malls plan to open at midnight on Thanksgiving night, holding events like "Merry Midnight Madness," to kick off the competitive three-day holiday shopping weekend.

In an extreme example, Fashion Outlets of Las Vegas said its 100 designer outlet stores will be open on Thanksgiving Day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m

Smells like desperation!

http://www.mistersoftee.com/about.asp

When I was in college, I drove for a competitor. Jack n Jill.

http://www.jackjillicecream.com/index.html

622847[/snapback]

When I was a kid, I lived for the sound of that Jack n Jill truck so I could get a little apres-diner ice cream. My parents always coughed up the dime.

Until..... it was discovered that one of the ingredients seemed to be DIRT. After that, only the Good Humor man came around..... luv dem creamsicles.....

By the way, I remember a childhood Woody Woodpecker comic book, in which Woody bought a Good Humor type franchise. The only problem was, the flavors were things like eggplant and spinach..... :lol:

Drano for head of the FED!

post-1110-1194643264_thumb.jpg

622934[/snapback]

In recognition of my valiant sacrifice, leaving and letting my positions fend for themselves (rather successfully, as it turns out...) I'm sure you'll all be sending me a check for 10% of this afternoons trading gains.... :D

Drano for head of the FED!

post-1110-1194643264_thumb.jpg

622934[/snapback]

In recognition of my valiant sacrifice, leaving and letting my positions fend for themselves (rather successfully, as it turns out...) I'm sure you'll all be sending me a check for 10% of this afternoons trading gains.... :D

622972[/snapback]

Yep. Had a good week here too. My CFD account is up about 100% in a little over a week. A sequence of winning short trades did the trick.

Archived