Dull Finish

Deutsche Bank cuts Citigroup to sell

NEW YORK, Oct 12 (Reuters) - Citigroup Inc was downgraded on Friday to "sell" from "buy" by Deutsche Bank Securities Inc analcyst Michael Mayo, who said the largest U.S. bank needs changes in its most senior management after performance fell repeatedly short of peers.

Mayo also cut his price target on Citigroup to $44 from $60.

615048[/snapback]

So the big boys are forced to show their derivative cards and the gun play begins. Looks like DB wants a new sheriff to replace Sheriff Citicorpse.

post-2253-1192416269.jpg

615051[/snapback]

wouldn't it be funny if all the banksters started downgrading each other's shlocks to "sell"? :P

I can see it now, Citi downgrades Bank of America from "hold" to "sell"

then Bank of America downgrades Citi from "sell" to "dump"

then Citi downgrades Bank of America from "sell" to "shitcan"..........

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ooooooh, I'm all bulled up, hey hey hey!

I can hardly wait fer the open Monday

Soon as they ring that bell, I'm gonna grab every dong in sight! :o

615062[/snapback]

um...er...uh.....

"not that there's anything wrong with that"

615066[/snapback]

'course not

615068[/snapback]

I guess wrapping yourself in the flag makes it OK. B)

T Slim, are you working in Canada?  If you don't mind my asking, what are prices like there? I haven't been across the border in years, and prices were fairly high then, especially ordering liquor in a bar.

615072[/snapback]

I live in Canada, but work for a US company from my home. As far as pricing is concerned, I guess it depends on the item. I think prices are high, but I'm a spoiled American :). I haven't been to a bar in some time, because I brew my own beer. If you want a good microbrew, it'll cost you 3.50 to 4.50 a pint. I have yet to find a bar in this country that offers dollar drafts.

T Slim, are you working in Canada?? If you don't mind my asking, what are prices like there? I haven't been across the border in years, and prices were fairly high then, especially ordering liquor in a bar.

615072[/snapback]

I live in Canada, but work for a US company from my home. As far as pricing is concerned, I guess it depends on the item. I think prices are high, but I'm a spoiled American :). I haven't been to a bar in some time, because I brew my own beer. If you want a good microbrew, it'll cost you 3.50 to 4.50 a pint. I have yet to find a bar in this country that offers dollar drafts.

615074[/snapback]

I've heard people talk about Canadians crossing into the US to buy groceries and other items. But that only makes sense if one lives in a border city, I suppose. And with the new passport requirements, it would just be that much more difficult.

I can imagine the hassle of going through Customs with 10 bags of groceries... :huh:

T Slim, are you working in Canada?? If you don't mind my asking, what are prices like there? I haven't been across the border in years, and prices were fairly high then, especially ordering liquor in a bar.

615072[/snapback]

615074[/snapback]

I've heard people talk about Canadians crossing into the US to buy groceries and other items. But that only makes sense if one lives in a border city, I suppose. And with the new passport requirements, it would just be that much more difficult.

I can imagine the hassle of going through Customs with 10 bags of groceries... :huh:

615075[/snapback]

I hope you like your ice cream soft. Real, real soft. :lol:

With oil and wheat at highs is there a shortage or just adjustments in price with the falling dollar or both?

The world is still based on the US$ and its weakening will cause price adjustments upward for any goods priced in dollars.

Spot gold performing well tonight, unfortunately. When the lifetime highs are taken out life as we know it will change.

I'm not a commodity person, but as I understand the situation there are multiple factors contributing to high grain prices.

The subsidy for ethanol production in the US caused fewer acres of wheat to be planted as farmers planted corn.

Secondly, I believe there was a major drought in Australia that cut their wheat crop in half. And China suffered drought problems as well...

Thirdly, as Asian and Indian populations increase along with rising BRIC citizen's incomes, the demand for wheat and other grains increases as food and as feed for cattle and poultry.

Lastly, having government monetary and fiscal policies that result in the debasement of the US dollar doesn't help prices we Americans pay, since we compete with everyone else.

The only way prices can come down is if there is deflation in the financial markets that pulls down the prices of commodities along with other hard assets like gold and silver.

Letting things crash is probably the only way to save the dollar, but few want to take this nasty medicine, IMHO.

``The response will be stronger currencies because they'll buy fewer dollars,'' Goodman said. "

The Limbo dance continues...

615045[/snapback]

Something does not make sense to me here.

Do they not want weak currencies (i.e. strong dollar) and not strong currencies in order to "buy fewer dollars"?

Doesn't one buy more dollars when a currency is strong?

Sorry to seem so stupid on this.

615049[/snapback]

The Asians buy buckys to keep their currencies weak. But they have their own CONundrum.

from the article: "By allowing their currencies to strengthen, Asian countries are attempting to reduce the cost of importing coal, iron ore and wheat, ingredients essential to their booming economies. The risk is that the goods they produce may become too expensive. "

615053[/snapback]

This is the beginning of currency trading oriented Industrialist's realization that compliance with Fire Department regulations is necesssary

That every place of business requires at least an exit as well as an entrance is obligatory...

And that under normal (wadat?) circumstances a symmetry of dollar oscillation with end products prices obtains, thus enabling the corporation to survive...

But when input prices begin changing at Mach speed, while its sister "exit price stagnates for fear of offending a customer's sensibility, death and destruction follow in its wake....

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: small, balanced, symmetrical changes at both entrances and exits are somewhat similar to organic structures...(re: living)--while monster asymmetrical oscillations, lacking the regularities of homeostatic moves, are very often preludes to extinction...

615060[/snapback]

Brer Bear, I've been meaning to show you this '36 painting by Marsh, 20 Cent Movie that I've enjoyed looking at lately. His playfulness is interesting in the midst of the hard times.

post-2253-1192419785_thumb.jpg

post-2253-1192419809_thumb.jpg

post-2253-1192419827_thumb.jpg

615063[/snapback]

Speak

Did you know that the National Gallery was having a comprhensive exhibit of Edward Hopper paintings....Having missed dozens of exhibits ovr the past few years I dont intend to miss this one....

I think your affection for Marsh makes you eligible for appreciating Hopper---the champion of "American Light"

Beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Here I am -ninety years old, and just as Im beginning to learn something about art, Im about to die----Hiroshige

Deutsche Bank cuts Citigroup to sell

NEW YORK, Oct 12 (Reuters) - Citigroup Inc was downgraded on Friday to "sell" from "buy" by Deutsche Bank Securities Inc analcyst Michael Mayo, who said the largest U.S. bank needs changes in its most senior management after performance fell repeatedly short of peers.

Mayo also cut his price target on Citigroup to $44 from $60.

615048[/snapback]

So the big boys are forced to show their derivative cards and the gun play begins. Looks like DB wants a new sheriff to replace Sheriff Citicorpse.

post-2253-1192416269.jpg

615051[/snapback]

wouldn't it be funny if all the banksters started downgrading each other's shlocks to "sell"? :P

I can see it now, Citi downgrades Bank of America from "hold" to "sell"

then Bank of America downgrades Citi from "sell" to "dump"

then Citi downgrades Bank of America from "sell" to "shitcan"..........

615067[/snapback]

Shorty

Isnt this banquet of internicene strife and bloodshed known as "Dishonor among thieves".....At this time many youngsters might be interested in reading "The Education of Henry Adams" by naturally Adams himself...In which he analuses the Brutalitarian iron Law of Eight Percent....

This is another example of the lag of experience corroborating the anticipating metaphor.......

Beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Somehow I cant enjoy the madness of the moment:perhaps its because at the age of forty-five I learned to stop laughing at funerals

Archived