Mark To Market Memorial Forum

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"SEC Blesses Oversight Board"

"The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board has been given the official go-ahead by the Securities and Exchange Commission to begin rooting out fraud at publicly traded companies, capping a Herculean six-month effort to start up its operations. The SEC formally declared the board fit to carry out it duties spelled out in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the legislation that created the board. The announcement marks the official end of the accounting profession's decades of self-regulation. The PCAOB, to be overseen by the SEC, is charged with inspecting and disciplining accounting firms. The board also has the power to write new accounting standards. William McDonough, the New York Federal Reserve President, will chair the board."

Mark's Translation:

The Office of Plungeland Security (OPS), masquerading as some kind of Watchdog Board, just capped a Herculean six-month effort to prop up the stock market and avoid a drop below 795 on the S & P.  The SEC, another Operating Wing of The Matrix, declared the OPS a legitimate, official enterprise, charged with  using "unconventional measures" to openly and blatantly support the financial markets.  The OPS also has the power to write new trading regulations, such as identifying short selling raids and executing spectacular squeezes when appropriate.  William McDonough, the New York FEED Agent, will chair the board of the OPS.

Their work began and ended, a few months ago at their first full board meeting where they voted themselves an annual salary of $452,00 a year.

With that they can set themselves up, barely, in the Alexadria area, if they aren't already there, and join in the Matix social set, make influential freinds and lay back and await retirement from the board after a decent interval and move into some other quasi private position where they can make enough to take care of all their heirs, now that the death tax is almost dead. This board membership is quite a plumb and everyone who is anyone will be kissing their butts now with promises of effusive backscratching later.

In other Governement Blue Ribbon panel news, totally political as well: The week after the shuttle crashed congress funded a board with $50 million. One year after 9/11 a board was sort of established, because of the dust up over the Kissenger chairmanship which went to ex Gov. Keen who by the way has had lots of bussiness dealings with Saudi's, with far less than that amount, all non GOP appointees are still awaiting security clearances which might never come thru by the Summer 2004 report date and they got 9 of the 11 million additional funding they asked for a few weeks ago. So it goes.

Please confirm your email address and and Credit Card info number by logging in to your PayPal account using the form below:

OK.

Here goes:

Email Address: [email protected]

Password: Shaved Monkey

Full Name #: Alanontonius Greedly Bubble Greenspan III

Billing Adress #: Printing Press, 3rd floor

Billing State #: All of them

Credit Card #: 1

Exp.Date(mm/yy) #: Soon. Very soon.

By the way, nice little goldhammer in the last desperate minutes of action. For the next fear factor, I think they should take the person and make them try to get their $50K to last ten minutes in the gold pits. That'd be some excellent reality TV.

COF has bumped up against $40 three times since September and been knocked back down each time. I jumped all over that pig on the short side today with a stop just above $40. The financials had their pop...and now it's time to go away. Also short S, MGG, CCL, RCL & AMT - all with tight stops.

Bring on the ugly news, the SEC investigations, fraud charges, etc.

I fully expect some shockingly postive news, jamming, slamming and pumping to try to save the day, but this time I don't think it's going to work.

It's our turn, Stoolies.

Plunger

Guest Grizzly Bear
For those interested Arch Crawford scheduled to come up on Crapvision Business Center.

Let me know what he says...so I can do the OPPOSITE!

There's really not much left to analyze at this EXTREME juncture. For all intents and purposes its over. Just buy your bear fund and forget about it. No need to micro-analyze or knit-pick points possibly remaining to upside. Kinda of like yelling "fire" on the sinking Titanic.

I drafted and posted this thought April 19th (SPX then @893).

Today's latest >3:1 Investors Intelligence Bull/Bear ratio just confirmed it. Yepper, 63% bulls, 19% bears.

Back in 1994 it was roughly the opposite after a 1 year correction which made bulls nervous that the bull was over and a new bear was about to begin. Nothing could have been farther from the truth.

Since July lows, note how each rally has been successively weaker (24%, 22%, 16%) yet bullish sentiment has been successively higher. How ironic. The boat must be fully loaded before the next leg can begin. Its loaded to the gils.

Now, you tell me which way this multi-month consolidation from hell is most likely going to break!

LOB :P

post-7-1051306811.jpg

At the risk of seeming stoolpid, who is Arch Crawford?

I've seen re-pee-ted reFURences to him by a certain BARE, and have won-turd FUR a while.

With apologies for all trademark abuse,

Jimi

PS YIPPEE!!! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!

Looks reasonable, Feedfool, but personally I'd whip out my trusty Occam's Razor and shave off that last bump entirely :grin:

Look at the chart carefully and u will see a bump on the top like the one I have drawn which is due on Monday-Tuesday. I bet u know what to do.

post-7-1051307555.gif

Dear fellow Stoolies:

Allow me to introduce you to the amazing new Limerick Trading System (LTS), a system proven as effective as Elliott Wave Theory. The following is a real time example:

There once was this poster--"PileDriver"

A smart man, not a conniver

He'd confidently boast?

"This market is toast."

He's right! This market survivor!

:D

Archived