B4 The Bell Thursday October 7

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaeffer on early this morning. He mentioned we are in the narrowest trading range in 75 years. As well ..look for areas that are underplayed criticizing wall street for missing GOOG up 30%.

Also mentioned was the fact the oil sector has only recovered 20 % of where is was 20 years ago.

Overall I was very disappointed with the interview. If he has bearish tendencies he failed to address them throughout the exchange. I guess he wants to be invited back.

JUst noticed the debate is Friday p.m.    Hmm  Alex I will take non farm payrolls for + 700,000

Who set up the timing for these debates?

Month end for the last one and now employment day.

Stinks

Found this on the web: :o :o :o

Fasten your seatbelt, because this time we could see the last year's worth of jobs numbers revised upward by anywhere from half a million to a million jobs. We could wake up next Friday and discover that we've been in a labor boom all year without even knowing it. In a heartbeat, this "jobless recovery" won't seem so jobless any more.

Link: http://www.trendmacro.com/a/luskin/20041004luskinSMC.asp

Good Luck

Guest yobob1

Silver @ 57.8:1 against gold. Just a tiny bit further to the ideal ratio of 17:1 :lol:

Seems to me gold is performing well with the dollar also holding it's own for the moment.

Sheeple alert. Got into a conversation with a truck driver delivering a load of trailers yesterday. Seems he was real interested in buying gold and particularly silver. I gave him a brief tutorial on what to buy and how. He was all smiles when he left.

If the sheeple are starting to get interested and the retailing now legal in China we may finally start to see what happens when ancient relics start to become viewed as investments.

CEO survey shows bearish attitudes. Wonder why? These guys are normally so optimistic that you can't break their smiles with a sledge hammer. Of course when viewed individually they are almost all confident they will outperform their peers. They also expect oil to trade below $40 next year. I suspect pigs may land on the moon and elect Jimmy Dean as their leader first.

Got Oil?? This will scare Kitty-"The EIA projects U.S. Oil demand of 84.4 Million Barrels @ day in Q-4, up 400,000 Barrels a day from last month. Global demand could grow by 2.6 Million Barrels @day to 82.3 Million Barrels in Q-4.!" Where will it come from-Huh! ;)

Archived