IDS World Markets Thurs 6th January 04

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Republican members of Congress will try to annul the $1.3 million annual pension for life that Franklin D. Raines is to receive after resigning under a cloud as chairman of the giant Fannie Mae home mortgage company.

Raines made few friends on the Republican side of the aisle when he was President Clinton's budget director. Now, they are unlikely to give him the benefit of the doubt in the Fannie Mae accounting scandal.

Raines and his lawyers contend he is eligible for the massive pension because he resigned. However, his congressional critics maintain he was forced out by the government-backed company's board of directors, therefore, losing pension rights.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/robertn...n20050101.shtml

The release of the FOMC Minutes on Tuesday was done with criminal intent. The Maestro needed to load the boat with housing sector short sellers in order to jam it higher. Mission accomplished. The Ten Year Yield is going to tank with this mornings SURPRISINGLY BAD jobless claims numbers, and provide short squeeze rocket fuel to the housing sector stocks.

To be clear, the FOMC meeting minutes were written and released early with this specific intent...as I suspected. Greenie has no intention to accelerate the pace of interest rate increases. He merely planted the thought in the market for the specific intent described herein. Bad jobs numbers have always proven to be good for the markets...expect more of the same.

ATLAC

(ALWAYS THINK LIKE A CRIMINAL)

Slow site performance this morning apparently caused by a problem at the ad server. If they don't clear it up before the open, I will remove the code until they do.

It's funny about these things. A few weeks ago, I had a stretch of several days when many sites (including the Stool) but not all, were extremely slow. This time several are complaining and I am not experiencing any slowdown at all (from Toronto).

Archived