Monday 5/24/04

This whole thought of leaving Iraq without a well trained and well equipped army is a total joke. Remember the Iran/Iraq war? There isn't a country in the region that wouldn't want to own that oil. Leaving a power vacuum in a region where only power is respected...the outcome will not be pretty.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well one thing you can say about the 'speach' which he read is that

he did have a captured audience.

He did say that the Iraq was forced on us ... I tried to imagine why

and guess that what he meant was that Cheney and the oil boys

wouldn't take no for an answer.

PreDICKtion - The master plan will see the price of oil so high that

all environmental regulations will be thrown out wholesale.

Haiti will be the launching pad for a new oil war in south America.

hummer_h2.jpg

http://www.stopsuvs.org/html/hummer_models.htm

Thanks fellows-for the Shrub update-I read what CNN said but the truth lies with my fellow cynics on this thread-the whole truth. Speaking of Hummers my lady and I on the way Home followed some 30 something Dick-Head in a Hummer Swaying from side to side in his wheeled Bread Box that gets maybe 7 miles a Gallon and you have to think"who is dumb enough to blow a 100K on a gas guzzling piece of shit" truly a triumph of marketing -Huh. The Damn link I posted doesn't work what is was to was to the latest Derivatives report which now EXCEEDS $70 Trillion yep $70 Trillion and is centered in 5 Banks are we in trouble or what! ;)

Sherlock......

I think it was in the 70's that the US was supposed to convert to the metric

system. Didn't happen! Is it any wonder that our equipment is not compatible with the metrics used for tools, etc., used by the rest of the world?

It did not happen completely....mechanics tools yes as imports were increasing,

spirits bottlers yes ...smaller sizes same price, liter sizes increased in price...you know inflation??!!

"MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY!" Well, they all took the highway, now we sit

in a mess of incompatibility. Can we, as a Nation, ever learn what it means

to "work together?" That sometimes WE have to change?

As bullheaded as we Americans are there will be few changes to accomodate or adapt wholley to foreign/international standards. GAAP is a good example of no change because the standards are different.

As you may have noticed in tonight's Bush-speak, nothing is changed.

He said not one single thing that was not already known.

All he gave was a set of goals, goals that are broad and general.

Congress has been screaming for the strategy of how he plans to reach the goals.

He failed to deliver.

I did not watch or listen...to much said with no effective policy or guidance is the usual consequence. Earlier I had indicated ABC,CBS and NBC broadcasts were not preempted because the WH had not requested their coverage. Bushco is still playing games.

I happen to be one of those who believes that the US had no intention of

leaving Iraq. We are building 14 permanent military bases in Iraq and a huge

electronic surveillance and communication system that covers the whole Middle East...

Why? ...think about that!

I have thought about it. All wars are economic. The problem in modern times is that the US civilian population has not had to suffer any incumbrances on their lifes, such as rationing. My family were very worried that rationing would return when the Grunts went into Inchon.

Too, WWI did not produce major economic dislocations although the Government closed the for free range grazing while the troops were deployed.

Vietnam is the finest example of a guns AND butter economic policy with resultant inflation.

Lastly, Start with fresh Machiavelli, add some Orwellian season with a dash of Goebbles and a pinch of Chyenne for character, toss well, chill and serve. Your guests will be supprised at the hot volitility and downside.

:D

Thank you Zen-Plunger you are right I would have put my foot thru my TV what that Jerk described is Vietnam and to a "T". He has 130-to 135 troops in iraq and says an Iraqui force of of 35,000 can defend iraq-that is Bull-Shit and arrogance of the highest degree.

Thank you Zen-Plunger you are right I would have put my foot thru my TV what that Jerk described is Vietnam and to a "T". He has 130-to 135 troops in iraq and says an Iraqui force of of 35,000 can defend iraq-that is Bull-Shit and arrogance of the highest degree.

You are welcome, Brian.

11:04pm 05/24/04 [RD, SC] SHELL CUTS 2001-03 EARNS BY $401 MLN ON RESERVE DROP

11:02pm 05/24/04 [RD, SC] SHELL CUTS RESERVES 4TH TIME

Archived