Welcome To the MMALF

also, from "hypertiger" on m

And right now q3 2008 the total money supply or debt is 51 Trillion dollars and US consumers were requesting the commercial banking system to manufacture 5.6 billion dollars of new money/debt a day...

Stop the presses...the money supply growth has slowed right down...to below the level that existed back in 2000.

5.2 Billion less/day than the end of 2007...for a loss of 270 days x 5.2 Billion or 1.4 Trillion less money flooding into the economy than in 2007

1.4 Trillion - 700 billion...= still 700 Billion short and the deficit is growing by 5.2 Billion per day

And it's going to keep growing because...after 64 years the US consumer has requested the commercial banking system to manufacture the maximum potential amount of new money possible...and are now being forced due to the construction of the Universe to request less and less and less new money.

What does that mean.

What if US consumers request all the money they can possibly request commercial banks to manufacture and instead of more and more money at lower and lower interest rates the US consumer is forced to request less and less...

To make a long story real short...The USA along with China and the rest of the world stops inflating after 64 years and implodes to oblivion...

But if Bush were to have said anything like that the whole world would have caved in at that point...

Good thing nobody knows anything about economics.

You all are in debt up to your eyeballs...

The total money supply of the USA is 51 Trillion dollars...of debt. It works out to $331,168 of debt for every worker in the USA. The cost to service the continued existance of the money supply of the USA?

Is hidden in the cost of everything.

http://hypertiger.blogspot.com/ (not the real "hypertiger"?????) ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

----------------------------------------

just another m chart which may illustrate what "this hypertiger" is talkin about-profound deflation

http://www.nowandfutures.com/images/m3b_long_term.png

their take is different :

Finally and to put M3 into proper perspective with inflation (as measured by CPI without lies), the M3 and M2 strong inflation link is virtually unquestionable. The longer term inflation picture is clear, although M2 shows a pause and likely temporary disinflation as of 2008. Certain bloggers are incorrect and have continually avoided these facts and the linked chart.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I regret giving the impression that I was arguing with the point you were trying to make, which is a valid one.

My point was different. Attempting to put it more succinctly, all money supply data is irrelevant because it is fiction, not fact.? It counted the creation of fictitious capital when it was first floated, yet it ignores its destruction. The money supply numbers are absolute fantasy, indicative of nothing.

That was my point.

I would just add that when the money supply numbers do collapse as they eventually must, it will simply be a recognition of what has long been fait accompli, something that was already done.

693455[/snapback]

could "money supply" be indicative of leverage?

and if the "numbers" do collapse, could that not be indicative of wealth transfer out of the USA financial system?

The reported money supply numbers reflect the government's counting of actual plus fictitious capital. The collapse of the reported numbers will represent the recognition of the non-existence of the fictitious capital created during the bubble. To that extent it would be a recognition of the leverage lost.

The wealth could never be transferred because it was never real in the first place. Those who converted fictitious capital to "stuff"replaced a fictitious asset with something tangible. They received a transfer of wealth.

Like when I sold my house in Florida that still had a substantial mortgage. I then took the cash i received and built a house in Canada with no mortgage. I realized the fictitious gain in real terms by going from being indebted with regard to my shelter, to owning my shelter free and clear. The lady who bought my house increased her encumbrance and suffered a loss. the investor in the mortgage will also almost certainly have lost wealth and transferred it to me. In the creation of the mortgage, fictitious capital was transferred to me, and I immediately converted it by getting rid of any mortgage encumbrance. Had I bought another house with a larger mortgage, moved up, so to speak, I too would have lost.

In fact, my house in Canada is worth less than it cost me to build it, but the use value I get from it as a beautiful country home for me and my wife, with a home for our parents, and where our children and grandchildren come to visit and share joy with us, far outweighs any reduction in my paper wealth. That's the real transfer of wealth! :)

lots of US bashing at the moment.

I think most of these countries that are bashing the US are trying to deflect attention and blame away from their own rapidly approaching financial storms.

I think it is galling to pretend that we don't have exactly the same problems in our own countries.

Everyone got greedy and went on a debt binge.

The party is over for 'EVERYONE'.

Canada's Harper Joins G-7 Chorus, Pins Crisis on U.S. (Update1)

By Theophilos Argitis

Sept. 28 (Bloomberg) -- Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said U.S. policies helped create the crisis in financial markets, adding to criticism from other Group of Seven leaders and saying there's little his government can do to help.

Poor oversight, cheap credit and a tax structure that may encourage housing bubbles are among the causes of the turmoil roiling U.S. markets, Harper said in an interview with Bloomberg News. Harper, vying for re-election on Oct. 14, has framed his campaign around the notion he's the best party leader to steer Canada through economic turbulence.

``A lot of things have gone wrong here and, by the way, there were a lot of warning signs. This should not be a huge surprise,'' Harper, 49, said aboard his campaign plane. ``I certainly had expressed my concerns about some of these things to my American counterparts in the time leading up to this.''

Harper joined a growing chorus of criticism within the Group of Seven industrialized nations over the way the financial system has been managed in the world's biggest economy, highlighting the U.S.'s isolation as it seeks to stop the rout. Canada is the biggest U.S. trading partner and one of its closest G-7 allies.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...v8BA&refer=home

Canada's Harper Joins G-7 Chorus, Pins Crisis on U.S. (Update1)

By Theophilos Argitis

Sept. 28 (Bloomberg) -- Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said U.S. policies helped create the crisis in financial markets, adding to criticism from other Group of Seven leaders and saying there's little his government can do to help.

Poor oversight, cheap credit and a tax structure that may encourage housing bubbles are among the causes of the turmoil roiling U.S. markets, Harper said in an interview with Bloomberg News. Harper, vying for re-election on Oct. 14, has framed his campaign around the notion he's the best party leader to steer Canada through economic turbulence.

``A lot of things have gone wrong here and, by the way, there were a lot of warning signs. This should not be a huge surprise,'' Harper, 49, said aboard his campaign plane. ``I certainly had expressed my concerns about some of these things to my American counterparts in the time leading up to this.''

Harper joined a growing chorus of criticism within the Group of Seven industrialized nations over the way the financial system has been managed in the world's biggest economy, highlighting the U.S.'s isolation as it seeks to stop the rout. Canada is the biggest U.S. trading partner and one of its closest G-7 allies.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...v8BA&refer=home

693461[/snapback]

talk about hypocrisy. Canada, the country that pushed 0 down, 40 year mortgages.

I agree the hypocrisy is galling.

It is why I believe the $US will rally against most all other currencies.

The US is a long way into this mess and are at least trying to do something about it.

Most everyone else thinks that they are somehow immune from whats happening.

Everyone seems to think this is just a problem for the US.

If you don't concede you have a problem you can't start trying to fix it.

When it finally dawns on people that we are all stuffed,the shit will really hit the fan.

I agree the hypocrisy is galling.

It is why I believe the $US will rally against most all other currencies.

The US is a long way into this mess and are at least trying to do something about it.

Most everyone else thinks that they are somehow immune from whats happening.

Everyone seems to think this is just a problem for the US.

If you don't concede you have a problem you can't start trying to fix it.

When it finally dawns on people that we are all stuffed,the shit will really hit the fan.

693464[/snapback]

Maybe in OZ, but please dont speak for everyone else in the world like you seem to claim (on a daily basis).

Here in the UK, we also blame our own banks & Goverment for our own problems.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/

In the EU, they also have problems, with banks failing, and have been taking about this crisis openly for a long time before it hit home hard as the article published in March shows..

http://www.spiegel.de/international/busine...-543588,00.html

What has the UK govt done??

Nationalize Northern Rock.

Gordon Brown is a dead man walking.

The labour party is frozen with fear.

As to Europe they fornicateing well raised interest rates.

Talk about dumb fornicateing idiots.

As per usual they are fighting the wrong effing war.

Like the US or loathe the US they will not die wondering.

They epitomize action.

Europe are the complete opposite.

So is Japan.

And most of Asia including Australia.

I am betting on a massive $US rally and the Euro and pound will be crushed.

In the EU, they also have problems, with banks failing, and have been taking about this crisis openly for a long time before it hit home hard as the article published in March shows..

openly 'talking' about the crisis for a long time and their solution is to raise rates??

Maybe the biggest crisis since the depression and they raise rates??

Yeah they are effing idiots.

Panic will set in shortly and they will be slashing rates quick smart.

I don't mind debating anyone or anything.

I am entitled to my opinions.Just as you are entitled to put me on 'ignore'.

I abide by the rules of the forum.

I can express opinions about the action or lack thereof of various countries around the world.

Plenty of folks seem to think they can have a ping at the US whenever they feel like it,yet mention other countries and people become very defensive.

I am not an apologist for the US or any country.

I am looking at things from all perspectives with a few to making money.

Various countries around the world(including my own) are living in denial.

That will be obvious to all soon enough.

Every country and everyone will have to take responsibility for their own problems.

The US is doing that and are way ahead of everyone else imho.

That will be reflected in the currency .

Or the whole world will collapse in a screaming heap.

As we often say,'If you aint scared now you are a moran'

Archived