Happy Noo Year

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another comment on TICK and TRIN.

I watch and watch TICK and TRIN and I think the best thing I can say in general for their usage is................more or less ignore their values...what is important is the direction of the indicator. When TRIN is rising and TICK falling...short. When TRIN is falling and TICK rising...dong. When the two are mixed or go flatline...dont enter a trade and stay out unless the levels are relatively high. The key is watching for the reversals in the indicators and you need short term charts to do such.

Oh yeah...Happy New Year to all Stoolville. Stoolville, best wishes for a most healthy, happy and propserous 2003.

did ja see what happened at spx 878.75.... must be that trendline rockhead was talking about, dang, I think we want that one taken out. Problem with short term charts... regression line and oscillators jump around all the time, but ranges stay the same until taken out........

NYSE

Of the cuff comments....TRIN is following a rising trendline...bearish. TICK is inside a descending channel...bearish. Will it last.....dont know....but until it breaks those two "ideas", I would be bearish.

Crap....as I type...TCIK broke the channel to the upside with a +923 TICK. Does it stay outside the channel.....you gotta watch. But you were warned when it broke the channel. And now TRIN breaks the trendline to the downside. Looks like a bullish move may be happening for the scalp trader.

It is very hard to write these comments with such volatile indicators. You dont need to follow TICK and TRIN unless you play one and five mintue charts IMO.

post-3-1041364605_thumb.gif

Thanks Rocky, always like to kick ideas' around. I keep hearing how trading may get easier after the First of the year. I doubt it. Agree with Mr. Hanky, these "Bastards" will make sure trading is never easy, again. Therefore it may be nescessary to spend more time planning the trade ..... forget about up or down...... if the trade does not trigger.... you don't want to be in it regardless.

I didn't say ignore Doc's maps..... That is your safety net......

similiar to yours Rockhead... Setups planned way ahead of market open. Maybe 3 or 4, No big deal if they don't hit. I still have a few open posistions that need looking after...... Kind of like herding chickens......

For those of you who would really like to get into TICK and TRIN and advancers and decliners to tell if we have accumulation or distribution today...here is a thought.

TRIN today has been above 1.0 all day. Thats bearish. But is has been falling for most of the day, which is bullish. But look at the advancing issues vs. declining issues......its been bullish most of day. Advancers rising alll day and decliners falling all day. WTF? Well which one is it folks? TRIN or advacners/decliiners. Which do you follow? Which do you believe? Accumulation? Distribution? Again, it pays to watch the direction of these things, not the value, IMO!

Thoughts and opinions wanted.

For those of you who would really like to get into TICK and TRIN and advancers and decliners to tell if we have accumulation or distribution today...here is a thought.

Thoughts and opinions wanted.

Sounds like an invitation for Doc to give us his opinion of Dickarms.

The borkers, bonkers, analcysts, talking asses, fund idiots and market manipulators were not good little boyz and girls this year. No Santa Rally for them.

Too bad all of the revelations this past year will amount to nothing. In fact things are going to get much worse. The crooks are firmly in charge. They get endlessly recycled like Poindexter. Where will it end?

Archived