What Will They Think Up Next

on thursday, i put in a couple buy limit orders for SKF < $100.

the infamous freeze-out occurred, after which my orders went thru @ 93.75.

if both sanity and fear return to the market this week, then i will make a few shekels on SKF. . . though my financial disobedience could lead to a stint in a secret USandA detention center in europe.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i doubt bin laden or other islamic extremists engineered any short-selling of significant scale. but i'm pretty sure our current mess delights bin laden to no end. i believe he stated that he wanted to financially ruin the USandA, and the sad thing is that its occurrence was largely our own doing.

691293[/snapback]

he's been dead for about six years

and broken-hearted after finding out that everyone does get 70 young laSSes, butt.....turns out it's the same 70! :blink:

DOH! :P

I can't even imagine WTF they will pull if we see another massive selloff (BTW, I think the pobabilty is high, especially now that the US balance sheet is on the verge of entering junk bond status).

Close the markets.....worked for Russia, right?? Not!

Limit lock-limit trading ranges even tighter?

.....I mean really, I think we are on the verge of something really really big....and I thought last week was exhausting

691268[/snapback]

Well, put together the extensive "terrorism made our market go down" rumors with the following feel good article from the Army Times and you might get a few ideas. Holy Sh*t, it reads like the updated script for Seven Days in May. I'm not like any of this, not one little bit. One can only hope that there still is a "Real" market that will dispense with the tinhorn fascists. :ph34r:

The US Army - We're here to help.

on thursday, i put in a couple buy limit orders for SKF < $100.

the infamous freeze-out occurred, after which my orders went thru @ 93.75.

if both sanity and fear return to the market this week, then i will make a few shekels on SKF. . . though my financial disobedience could lead to a stint in a secret USandA detention center in europe.

691298[/snapback]

i should add that if my SKF's in the green tomorrow, i'll take profits that day. i'm not in the mood to trust this market. :ph34r:

As people panic out of money market funds, they have to deposit that money somewhere. Seems like a windfall of deposits for the banksters. Tough luck for corporate America who will be unable to issue much short-term paper. Guess they'll have to borrow directly from the banksters. Maybe that was the plan all along. :ph34r:

As people panic out of money market funds, they have to deposit that money somewhere.  Seems like a windfall of deposits for the banksters.  Tough luck for corporate America who will be unable to issue much short-term paper.  Guess they'll have to borrow directly from the banksters.  Maybe that was the plan all along. :ph34r:

691308[/snapback]

In another change today, the Treasury said it would limit its $50 billion plan for insuring money-market funds to those held by investors as of Sept. 19, excluding any subsequent contributions.

The American Bankers' Association, which had expressed concern about the plan last week, praised the move, saying it would eliminate an incentive for savers to shift out of bank accounts into money-market funds.

Doomberg

More people are speaking out.

An Open Letter to the U.S. Congress Regarding the Current Financial Crisis 

By John P. Hussman, Ph.D.

691243[/snapback]

Hussman got walloped on Friday -- ask me how I know. :(

Actually, it's a very instructive case study of how an investment manager can do everything right, and still get taken to the woodshed. Hussman scrupulously avoided financials, over-weighted consumer staples, and hedged by selling RUT calls -- my idea of a perfect strategy. Friday, he lost 2.4%. :blink:

I covered more ZB shorts as the priced dipped below 118 tonight. I remain convinced that Trashury rates will move substantially higher IT/LT, but risk management discipline requires me to take profits sooner rather than later. If you read the Nassim Taleb essay I linked to earlier in this thread, you will find his thoughts on the perils of attempting to "optimize" a trade. What he has to say is totally counter-intuitive and contradicts what most traders believe is the smartest way to operate -- i.e., let your winners run: a viewpoint that appeals to everyone's competitive instincts -- and ultimately ensures that they blow up. Taleb's philosophy is that less is more -- and also the key to survival. He's a very wise man. :mellow:

I sold too early on friday,but it feels REALLY GOOD to be in cash right now.

It is total chaos right now....We could be up 300 or down over 1000 tomorrow :huh: .Wish I was sure which one,Just too much info and lies to process.

I'm guessin if we head down hard this week,they will just close the markets for a few days just like russia did.

Archived