Double Shot

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Danger signs for gold and silver bulls:

NEM, SSRI, FCX, SIL smoked on high volume candles which took out the prior lows.

Could be a signal that these could be taken out with the broads if a huge downside move is starting.

GG, GLG and AEM look fine... not overextended like some of the frontrunners.

post-7-1061587853_thumb.png

Craig and the rest of those pump and dump artists should be strung up by their integrity-free toes from lampposts at the corner of Water and Wall.

Jmho.

That said, on the weekly candles, we had shooting star dojis on the SPX and Dow fukutures, gravestone doji on the Naz. The SPX got absolutely smoked today, destructo.

Upside bullish morning doji star on the weekly VIX, bullish doji hammer for the QQV and VXN. These are weekly reversal signals to the upside on the volatility indices, downside reversals on the weekly equity fukutures and indices.

Equities look pretty Dover Sole here to me, short term, but the SPX got smoked so bad that I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even bounce. It took most of the day for the TRIN.NQ to get above .50, which shows how off-the-wall-out-to-lunch smoking crank the bulls have become. Even after the SPX got dumped like the phat load it is, even after most of those pump and dump Naz gains had been sold into by the likes of Michael Dell, Abby Justa Colon, Dan deNiles, and probably Craig too, still they were jamming to the tune of .20-.30 TRIN.NQ readings. No sympathy for bully on the way down.

I covered my small fukutures short too early on the ES but still did sweet, added to and held my QQQ Dec putz. Hoping for a bounce out of the ES on Monday to reload.

Danger signs for gold and silver bulls:

NEM, SSRI, FCX, SIL smoked on high volume candles which took out the prior lows.

Could be a signal that these could be taken out with the broads if a huge downside move is starting.

I think you may be right Mark. I sold my Rydex PM fund yesterday because I think the metal itself will outperform while the miners and overall market will get smoked.

Where's that smiley face that does the projectile vomiting? :o

============================================

RealCommentary from TheStreet.com

The Bumpy Ride to Dow 10,000

Friday August 22, 5:11 pm ET

By James J. Cramer,

Freaky Friday. Freaky overbought Friday. How much can we read into it? To me, with nine out of the last 10 days up nicely, I guess we were due. But I am reluctant to part with my longs. I like my portfolio too much.

Obviously this next ride to Dow 10,000 is going to be a tough one made up of heartbreak and disappointment that things don't work perfectly. The fact that Intel (NasdaqNM:INTC - News) couldn't carry the day is probably disturbing to many.

This article continues for RealCommentary Gold subscribers.

Puuuuure FRAUDULENT, yet legal, wall struck activity....do you really think people were lining up to buy these POS no earning Nasduck companies this morning. Mr MM took all the shorts( those with stops) out to the woodshed and spanked him hard this am...those of us with nerves and balls of steel ...you know who you are, held tight ,and threw out another short line...problem for bully, not alot of shorts left to hold this pos up much longer, remember how TA , cycles and sentiment failed Bears on the way up....just wait till the Dip buyers come back. SHORT and loving it...wont want it any other way! TRADE SAFE!

From INO.....

Full ArticleThe September S&P 500 index posted a huge key reversal down on Friday due to profit taking erasing most of this week's gains. Today's low-range close sets the stage for a steady to lower opening on Monday. Closes below the 20-day moving average crossing at 986.80 would confirm that a triple top with this summer's highs has likely been posted. Momentum indicators are overbought and turning neutral hinting that a short-term top might be in or is near. The September S&P 500 Index closed down 9.50 points at 992.50.

This mornings gap up put me at minus $4750

per SP contract, from monday short entry at 994.

I was able to cover at 992.80 this afternoon.

This is bad trading and bad timing.

At the point of worst losses to final $300 profit

per contract works out to about 16 to 1 REVERSE

expectancy.  Newbies do not do anything this

foolish at home............................

This weeks roller coaster just thrilled me to death, so will

clear head over weekend and work on re entry level

to SHORT..................

HiHat,

You should try scale trading. Scale in and out. You will find it much more profitable and much less stressful than just picking a price and betting the whole wad.

I wait for EXTENDED moves and then start small and keep adding all the way up or down until the turn comes. Usually worst case is break even or very small loss trade at a price worse than original entry. Made a huge score on the Rusell over the last 2 days with this method.

I used to to do one entry trading, but no longer. Scaling is way more consistent.

With Crimmler calling for 10k this week short is the place to be.

Still short the SPX from tuesday's close. I don't like holding over the weekend but the chart just looks like a hanging curve ball in front of Willie Stargell or Mike Schmidt (dating myself). Overbought, failed to make a new high, support at 994 failed, and the uptrend from Aug 6th broken. Next week might see some end of month gaming but beyond that is September.

Archived