IDS World Markets Tues 23rd January 07

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morgan Stanley cuts recommended equity weighting, ups cash

By Tomi Kilgore

Last Update: 7:30 AM ET Jan 23, 2007

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Morgan Stanley lowered its recommended equity allocation weighting to neutral from overweight, due to concerns that sentiment is too positive and complacency is too abundant. Chief U.S. Investment Strategist Henry McVey moved the money into cash, further increasing cash's overweight position. His bond weighting remains underweight. "Many of the factors that turned us more bullish on equities this summer are no longer in place," McVey said in a research note. "We still look for markets to end the year higher, but we think that some consolidation or even a pullback is warranted after such a strong move of late."

I regret that I've had to take aggressive action to stop the disruptions. I realize that it's an illness, and that this particular person is a good guy at heart, but I can't allow these outbursts to disrupt the board.

10 days off this time. If it happens again, we'll make it 30. And no more strikes after that. Ballgame.

By Tomi Kilgore

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Morgan Stanley lowered its recommended equity allocation weighting to neutral from overweight, due to concerns that sentiment is too positive and complacency is too abundant. Chief U.S. Investment Strategist Henry McVey moved the money into cash, further increasing cash's overweight position. His bond weighting remains underweight. "Many of the factors that turned us more bullish on equities this summer are no longer in place," McVey said in a research note. "We still look for markets to end the year higher, but we think that some consolidation or even a pullback is warranted after such a strong move of late."

555638[/snapback]

Upside breakout on the HGX on a gap at 240.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

SICK SICK SICK!

Goldie is really putting it to the shorts.

One of these days, alice.

Who knows, maybe even today!

By Tomi Kilgore

555638[/snapback]

Upside breakout on the HGX on a gap at 240.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

SICK SICK SICK!

Goldie is really putting it to the shorts.

One of these days, alice.

Who knows, maybe even today!

555641[/snapback]

I was going to ask what HGS is but I see HGX on reply page WTF? :o

GOLD powering higher, if it can take out 650 area, the highs come into play...

Dr.Copper breaks over 2.55, may finally get something goin' upside here...

555622[/snapback]

EWJ back over 14 and threatening to break out for the 783rd time.

If it stays over 14, imagine gold schlocks could follow suit since EWJ and GDX/HUI have been playing the same game for the past year or more.

Archived