Photo
- - - - -

Happy Noo Year

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
137 replies to this topic

#106 BusKow

BusKow

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:46 PM

Ano,
Bearx did a massive distribution, so price last night was ~ equal to day after Dec 2 index high...best in weeks. Good luck!
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

#107 richmtn

richmtn

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:47 PM

Rich....and Doc....

Yeah, everyone is different. Cycle, order types, etc. We are individuals. I have alerts set for 5 mihnute through daily charts in Tradestation. When levels are hit, up pops the chart triggering the alert. Make it easy to follow a whole lot of things at once. The TICK/TRIN stuff is daytrading stuff when I trade QQQ, SPY or DIA.

However, you've given me an idea, but Doc must cooperate. Doc, how about a small colored spreadsheet where you list the various cycles and then state whether they are near top, down, near bottom, bottoming, heading up, etc or similar wording. I know you do something like that already with PTT in the anals, but something more like the Phil Erlanger website thing with some sweet color coding....we are visual creatures. Hmmmm?

Hey Doc Rockhead here seems like a real detail guy. Perhaps he could be responsible for that colored coded cycle spreadsheet for ya. :wink2:

#108 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:48 PM

That's why I post a chart in the Anals.

The Intraday service will start up in a couple days. I will keep you all posted.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#109 richmtn

richmtn

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:48 PM

Where's that golf clap. Second string boyz did a fine job here.
Rich tips his hat.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:49 PM

CBOE Intra-day Put/Call

2:30 PM CST

Equity 0.50
Index 1.14
Overall 0.63

Attached Images

• index.12310230.gif

#111 Rockhead

Rockhead

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:49 PM

sell ano's Bby? keep it for 1/2?

I just got email and verified, I now have access to my 1000 Shares of BBY to 'self trade'. I've been locked out of it since july when I was laid off (forced to retire).

please vote with reasons..hurry. gotta sell by 3:55 to be sure it sells if I sell.

2nd part, IF sell it is, do I do the NAV price in BEARX for the amount rec'd?

thanks all!

(as in Saturday night live circa 1982-85 "boil Larry's booty"

ano: BBY looks like a good stock in my system. Stochastics are low but rising, MACD is the same. The stock looks like a good one to hold or buy to me. If the whole market collapses next year nothing will be good. Just a suggestion, why don't you sell covered calls on it at 25 until your called out? IG

Ano,

Dont trade it yet. Looks to be rising. Consider the tax consequeces of selling today or turdsday for next year!

#112 Takachi

Takachi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:50 PM

If I can afford it, I'm hoping the constant stream of cycle adjustments is what you will feature in the coming Streaming Stool pay thread. I can see that as extremely valuable.

I'm going to stay long my miners and cover my RYVNX with Q's over the holiday just because I think they will have to jam the futures Thurs open.

Hands down the best site on the web!

Doc and all the stoolies - you are all wonderful and I wish everyone a

Safe and Happy New Year

:D :D :grin: :grin: :D

#113 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:51 PM

This is the cycle map posted in the PM Anals at 1 PM. That's pretty visual I'd say.

Posted Image

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#114 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:52 PM

Hugs n kisses, Stoolies. Don't drink n drive. Name him after me. Etc. See u in 2003!

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#115 Rockhead

Rockhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:53 PM

Rich....and Doc....

Yeah, everyone is different.  Cycle, order types, etc.  We are individuals.  I have alerts set for 5 mihnute through daily charts in Tradestation.  When levels are hit, up pops the chart triggering the alert.  Make it easy to follow a whole lot of things at once.  The TICK/TRIN stuff is daytrading stuff when I trade QQQ, SPY or DIA.  

However, you've given me an idea, but Doc must cooperate.  Doc, how about a small colored spreadsheet where you list the various cycles and then state whether they are near top, down, near bottom, bottoming, heading up, etc or similar wording.  I know you do something like that already with PTT in the anals, but something more like the Phil Erlanger website thing with some sweet color coding....we are visual creatures.  Hmmmm?

Hey Doc Rockhead here seems like a real detail guy. Perhaps he could be responsible for that colored coded cycle spreadsheet for ya. :wink2:

Rich...

You didnt read clearly enough (the spiked egg nog already effecting you there buddy?)....I said DOC MUST COOPERATE. :grin:

#116 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:53 PM

Taka-

How much can you afford? :lol: :lol: :lol:

#117 Injured Grizzly

Injured Grizzly

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:54 PM

sell ano's Bby? keep it for 1/2?

I just got email and verified, I now have access to my 1000 Shares of BBY to 'self trade'. I've been locked out of it since july when I was laid off (forced to retire).

please vote with reasons..hurry. gotta sell by 3:55 to be sure it sells if I sell.

2nd part, IF sell it is, do I do the NAV price in BEARX for the amount rec'd?

thanks all!

(as in Saturday night live circa 1982-85 "boil Larry's booty"

ano: BBY looks like a good stock in my system. Stochastics are low but rising, MACD is the same. The stock looks like a good one to hold or buy to me. If the whole market collapses next year nothing will be good. Just a suggestion, why don't you sell covered calls on it at 25 until your called out? IG

Phase 1
Description Value Phase 1
Volume Ratio 5/30 Day 66.5
P/E Ratio 13.3
P/E Relative Ratio 5.8
Proj EPS 1 Mth Change CFY 2.4
EPS Growth 5 Yr 37.6
Company Growth Ratio 1.6
Acc. Dist Current 65.0
Cash Flow Growth 5 Yr 17.7
Debt/Equity Ratio 33.6%
Insider Trading 5.0
EPS Rank 48
Price Rank N/A
Group Rank N/A
Phase 1 Score: 8/0
The Phase 1 score on this page is based on data from the previous Market Day.

These all show up arrows.

#118 Rockhead

Rockhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:54 PM

This is the cycle map posted in the PM Anals at 1 PM. That's pretty visual I'd say.

Oh yes sir it is....but it is only one cycle. We want them all on one nice chart! :grin:

Doc, you still are the best!

#119 Takachi

Takachi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:57 PM

If I tell you, that will be the fare. Momma didn't raise no fool!

As long as you granfather all long terrm stoolies, you should charge more now!

I remember sending "voluntary" dues. Even then, I recognized the genius of the Stool! Seriously Doc, you are rare, one who says what they think and fights for whats right - thx! :grin:

#120 sniff

sniff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 04:57 PM

Rich, you got that right....... This market has turned me into a babbling idiot!!!!!!!

Attached Images

• babbling_idiot.gif

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart