Flourishing filaments

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda saw this coming,but i am still shocked that tbe Bernak is letting treasury yields rise and letting da boys jam stocks.

18 BP crushing on TNX...so far today,and almost 40 BP in 2 weeks.

My understanding is that Bernanke has no real control over bonds and that he can only influence them one way or the other.

Pull the 10 year bond futures intraday chart if you can. There is noticable dumping in the last 3 days. Flushes out of nowhere.

My understanding is that Bernanke has no real control over bonds and that he can only influence them one way or the other.

Pull the 10 year bond futures intraday chart if you can. There is noticable dumping in the last 3 days. Flushes out of nowhere.

I think they are already frontrunning the end of "twist',nobody wants to be the last one out on that trade.I was correct to dump most of my bond holdings,my broker wanted me to stay fully loaded until May or June.

Market is so nutty that a huge move back the other way is possible,or just a continued bloodbath for another 40-60BP or so.Once certain levels break,it's already too late to sell..... :unsure:

Few more days of this kind of action in treasuries and I will be very tempted to go short this market. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of a mini crash being the result of all this. Things are seriously out of whack.

Agreed there.

Dollar strength.

Equity strength.

Gold weakness.

Treasury weakness.

I'm pretty sure we haven't seen this relationship among assets in a while, and certainly not on any sustained basis.

:huh:

Random thought - the selloff in Treasuries began just about the time that the "credit event" determination was made for Greece.

:unsure:

Is some counterparty on the wrong side of the CDS trade having to liquidate their treasury position to raise cash to make good on the Greek sovereign CDS?

Archived