Welcome to "The January Effect"

Use a real browser, like Firefox, right click and voila:

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/charts/bi...ick=1&rand=8274

you might be right Mark.  From what I've been reading about Russian research, and now actual medical practice, stem-cells are going to be 'big'.

what was that URL, of the graphic that you just posted?

all i see are the words 'user posted image'.

I want to try adding that domain to my 'allow images from', so maybe I can see your charts again... :)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canslim and IBD traders "should" be raising cash as the breakouts fail and as stocks break the 50dma. Stocks have been too far extended from any meaningful base to warrant buying many....

the M "should" continue to fall on selling....

I would have to suspect the SPX is ready to break it's 50dma. 1142-1146 is a logical support area.

In that case, next tuesday or Wednesday the SPX needs to break the 50dma to sufficiently break the bullishness here....

jickiss is back!

Dear Marky Mark:

note well that IF Volume, in this instance, "Peaks in the Middle of the Move," per the late Mr. Edson Gould, then, for sure, there is a clearly discern-able 1 1/2 points of "gain" in GERN. jickiss said some ifs, be careful, it has moved a bit already,

but, FWIW, CRA went from 25 to over 200, in one Big Move, why can't Hegde Funds move a GERN??? jickiss thinks that they would Love to Move GERN waayyy up. OPM. WFAF?

GERN:

post-1911-1105161233_thumb.jpg

Use a real browser, like  Firefox, right click and voila:

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/charts/bi...ick=1&rand=8274

:huh:

well, Firefox is OK. I've been using it for 2 years, altho is was called Firebird then, and was a real POS.

But all a right-click does is bring up the regular context menu....which is all that one would expect to happen, since all that is showing on the screen, as I said before, is TEXT, as so:

--------------

Gotta sneaking suspicion that the StemCell Plays are going to be the next Hail Mary Pass for the 9000 Hedgefunds, all trying to get to the 01/31/05 Statement Print with outsized gains...........

[user posted image]

------------------

thanks anyway tho.

So I of course have been force feeding him Berry Oakley amongst others

Coolest thing was yesterday when he and his drummer were doing a little loose jamming while the other band mates were hooking up, and hearing them break into a little bit of Mountain Jam Wow 13 years old and they "get it"......................made my day

That would make mine too, in spades. Congrats :)

It's worth listening to Woody's bass on "An Evening with the Allmans- 2nd Set". He'll blow you and your son away. He and Warren Haines are amazing.

According to the Stocktraders Almanac (First Five Days of January "Early Warning" System) and the first week of the year, take a look at last year Jan. 9, 2004

http://www.stocktradersalmanac.com/ai_alert_01_09_2004.asp

Last year the market was up, this year down... I'll be checking back to see what their comments are...

The Grinch stole both the Santa Clause Rally and the 5 day early warning from the Bulls....

In that case the Santa Claus Rally started on Dec. 27 and ended on Tuesday Jan. 4. The SPX closed on Dec. 23 at 1210.13 and closed Jan. 4 at 1188.05 or fell 1.82%

The first five days fell from a close on Dec. 31 at 1211.92 to Friday's close at 1186.19 or fell 2.1%

The market is like a turd getting ready for the flush....

There might be one problem to the Stock Traders Almanac Doomed house scenario - the house may already be doomed..... or else it's going much higher before crapping out at point 23..

Stock Traders Almanac is looking at the Three peaks and a doomed house scenario in both the November and December issues - in that case we go through some choppy consolidation and then a buying climax and then dump.....

Oct. 27 looks to be the Buy Signal and point 14 and 7 months from that point is the top of the Doomed house or .... May 2005... but the almanac gives a general idea of between January and June and a first target at Dow 11,600. You know what Dow 10,900 looks like a pattern completion to me, but the Dow would have to trade below 10,300 for me to start to believe the house was doomed..

December Issue page 5

post-326-1105165114_thumb.gif

Tobin?s Q is a ratio devised by Nobel Laureate in Economics James Tobin who hypothesized that the combined market value of all the companies on the stock market should be about equal to their replacement costs. The calculation is market value of assets divided by their replacement value. Therefore, the ratio of all the combined stock market valuations to all the combined replacement costs should be around 1. Today, Tobin?s Q is over 2. The only other times this has taken place were in 2000 and 1929.

From Fridays' Melduke's Blog Spot

Concerning our Doomed House watch and the Dow we clearly have something brewing here for a break. If the Dow breaks lower then the 10,400 level may be seen putting us on a possible track for point 26 in a current NOW scenario. The alternative is we are at point 22 and will break higher to point 23 and go all the way to around 11, 500. We just did a .618 retrace of the last move off of Dec. 9..

http://www.signalwatch.com/markets/markets-dow.asp

Archived