Another Flagpole

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windy, my question to you and to others on this fine evening in Southern California not more than 10 miles from Zuma Beach is "What does Jeff Spicoli think?" How will he be playing the next big wave and when the fornicate is it anyway? I say kick back, toke on a fat jay or two and wax the board down. Anyway LongONyourAnus is absolutely correct. The real war is already happening and its on Wall Struck, 7 trillion dollars worth of terrorism and still very few criminals prosecuted or identified as evildoers. The side show out in the Middle East is a good means of distraction while the biggest Hoods in History continue to drain pockets and accounts wholesale. buddha

MAXPAIN...3 day drop to 775 and I cover my index puts for 250K...now Im not greedy so Ill watch the subsequent rally from the sidelines and reload when appropriate. Dont want to be long this market from where I sit. Trade Safe and heres hoping...another 6 day 150 point drop for my mar 11 BDAY wouldnt be bad either...but know your exit when you make your entrance.

Onya S4B..... Did you see how the All Ords tried to break twice through the magic 2804.4 level shortly after open? Not a chance of a snowflake in hell, sank into the abyss shortly after. Btw I'm in a put on one of your faves, NCP.. You on board as well?

I'm up to my eyeballs in short positions. NCP, CBA & NAB. The banks are even more volatile than NCP lately. I closed out my S&P short yesterday and looking into getting back in before the close today.

I guess we won't have to wait for next week to see new lows on the all-ords. It's happening even right now!!

I have 4 intermediate term indicators plus a set of short term stochastics I follow. When 3 or 4 of the indicators are bullish or bearish, all that is needed for a signal is a bullish or bearish stochastics signal.

Right now, 3 are bullish, but the stochastics are neutral, and heading for over sold.

My guess is that, if tomorrow is down hard, the stochastics will become over sold. If the war starts over the week end (3/3 is the new moon, when absence of moonlight is to our advantage), then Monday will see the start of a flag pole rally. The stochastics will turn up giving a buy signal and yours truly will switch long. I have no idea how far it might go, a couple days or couple weeks, but it will go just because so many people are expecting it. At the first sign of declining momentum it'll get slammed and then we'll be headed for the October lows. When I see that happening, I'll switch back to short.

Anyone see this scenario as realistic?

I don't know waves or cycles, and just enough TA to hurt myself, but I know a little macro and rising war drum beats, federal deficits, health care costs, unemployment, commoditiy prices, energy prices, state and local deficits, trade deficits, imbalance of payments and interest rates (eventually) coupled with declining dollar strength, corporate growth, credit availabilty, real estate/asset prices, public security, and foreign support do not form the foundation for a new bull market.

Call me crazy......

BW

150% Short and patient.

Good one Prtzl.

BW, I use that as my outer shell of analysis, then I use IT indicators for when to consider entering my position trades (portfolio), then my inner shell is to use ST indicators including Doc's cycles to place the trades at min risk.

After that I stay put. I cannot be bothered with the ST nonsense. It will eat you up alive. Case in point this last week.

I picture the market moving in intermediate term (multi-month) segments. I ignore all the random walk noise around it and ride it from one segment end point to the next.

The indicators I use do not signal often but when they do I jump, load, and hang on for dear life. I try not to THINK too much once in.

I'm short a well diversified basket of absolute dung. Its an inevitability that I will prosper so long as the market continues its trend as it has since Dec 2.

This in my mind is a prudent speculation. I can see it no other way.

I am also not fatally attracted to the glam stocks. This is just asking for failure. By these I mean the GLAM stocks that the dongers are attracted to. Short the stuff that no one has heard of and is not in a bubble index. This is how to insulate yourself from Da Boyz antics. Play it smart. Don't play into those dicks hands.

PD,

What indicators do you use to first short and then cover?

Thanks,

Oilman

Basic stuff like BPI's, McClellan ozzie/Summation, VectorVest market indicators, VIX, p/c ratios. Doc's 10-13 wk cycle.

At the other extreme I tighten stops and let them take me out.

I find it very useful to be diversifed over at least 10 stocks and I enter them slowly over the course of a week or two once an IT extreme has been reached and we start reversing.

I use http://www.analyzeindices.com/, Doc's shorter term cycles, and p/c ratios to determine ST low risk zones to enter.

Archived