Stranger Than Fiction, Part 2

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it hard to believe that there have been no large funds caught on the wrong side of the market over the past 4 months.

The dollar

Stocks

Bonds

I took my money out of Janus years ago, figuring they would be tits up sooner rather than later. Wonder when that will happen.

Major scandal brewing at Durus Capital (small cap biotech). Seems the fund manager has been taking huge positions to markup the stock and create short squeezes. To bad he forgot to file material ownership with the SEC. Some positions:

ALTH 5.2m shares (20%)

MICU 2.3m shares (5%)

NOVT 1.7m shares (11%)

AKSY 20m shares (70%)

ESPR (33%)

All positions grew exponentaly sibnce March. There are a lot of these out there. Unfortunately the SEC chooses to turn the other way so investors dont know what is going on until the funds blow up.

Bailed on Calls -.10 Bought Aug 32 puts @.90 Hope I don't get whipsawed. Looks like end at the lows

Quicktrade

Quicktrade,

I appreciate the trades that you post. Please continue to keep us informed of all the "quicktrades" that you see.

I hope you're right....hope this goes out on the lod. I'm still slightly underwater but the sun is shining on the top of my head!

QT,

Gonna' close 'em today or hold overnight? Just curious ... :)

Guest bullseatshitndie

refinance boom is dead

http://inman.com/inmannews.asp?ID=36485&CatType=R

anybody short wm? very nice broad monthy double top. death of refinance will kill them. they are in major overbuilding mode as far as opening new branchs.

the correlation between housing and naz are uncanny. sucking in the last form of life to buy, ridiculous commericals, internet frenzy, overcapacity.

I find it hard to believe that there have been no large funds caught on the wrong side of the market over the past 4 months.

The dollar

Stocks

Bonds

I took my money out of Janus years ago, figuring they would be tits up sooner rather than later. Wonder when that will happen.

Major scandal brewing at Durus Capital (small cap biotech). Seems the fund manager has been taking huge positions to markup the stock and create short squeezes. To bad he forgot to file material ownership with the SEC. Some positions:

ALTH 5.2m shares (20%)

MICU 2.3m shares (5%)

NOVT 1.7m shares (11%)

AKSY 20m shares (70%)

ESPR (33%)

All positions grew exponentaly sibnce March. There are a lot of these out there. Unfortunately the SEC chooses to turn the other way so investors dont know what is going on until the funds blow up.

Couldn't happen to better people.....

No Einstein,

I found a quote just for you. :lol:

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback &sports anal cyst.

:lol: FRE :lol: 49.57  LOD

Is the matrix starting to unravel, or is it just a liitle exogenous blip?

Agency debt securities had yet another tumultuous session of selling Tuesday as a major investor base, Asia, soured on the sector.

Securities backed by Fannie Mae (FNM) and Freddie Mac (FRE) widened three to 6.5 basis points across the yield curve in Tuesday's session. Add that to Monday's four-to-five basis point cheapening - and you have the worst two sessions in recent history, excluding the week of Freddie Mac's management shakeup in early June.

Late Tuesday, Fannie Mae's 3.25% five-year benchmark notes were quoted at 46.5 basis points over the five-year Treasury note, six basis points wider than where they were trading late Monday.

Archived