World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Global glee

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE PARETO PRINCIPLE APPLIES TO HEDGE FUNDS

The Pareto principle (also known as the 80–20 rule, the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity)[1] states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/26/the-hedge-fund-managers-that-made-it-big-in-2015.html

Interesting article shows that the top 20 hedge funds responsible for 15% of AUM have produced 48% of total hedge fund returns.

Appears to be a classic application of the Pareto principle in hedge funds management.

MADTHRIDTH!

Oh my gawd do I love the energy here. 9 PM on a Sunday night-- tens of thousands of people on the streets in our neighborhood just off a pedestrian shopping street 2 blocks from the Gran Via, which is Madrid's version of the Champs Elysees/Times Square/Pick-a-Deli Circus. The weather was magnificent for an evening stroll.  We are in an apartment above a fantastic tapas bar, where if you order a water or a soda for €2.90, you get a free tapa. An American style breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast and coffee is 3.50. Glass of fresh squeezed O.J. was 1.75.

I went to see this to pay homage to the late great Spanish real estate bubble that destroyed Spain's financial system and helped to destroy Europe's and the world's.

12654104_10208071702287286_7227025724470   

12647203_10208071703007304_5054576908754

Mind boggling that in the last month I have actually been in Times Sq., Piccadilly Circus, Champs Elysees, Las Ramblas, and the Gran Via. Countryside is beautiful but I light up in cities. 

After Madrid we move on to Toledo and the smaller cities of Andalusia in the South of Spain. 

Having a wonderful time, wish you were here! :lol:

Now I have reports to write before you guys in the New World wake up. 

LATEST PRO TRADER REPORTS PRECIOUS METALS PRO Gold and Miners Attack Resistance by Lee Adler •  February 1, 2016

Gold is making a renewed push early this morning toward apparent resistance, and the mining stocks continue to behave constructively.

LIQUIDITY TRADER PRO COMPLETETREASURY SUPPLY AND DEMAND INVESTOR MONTHLY REPORTTREASURY SUPPLY AND DEMAND PRO TRADER WEEKLY Crosscurrents in Liquidity Pressures and Treasury Supply Don’t Support Rally Continuation by Lee Adler •  January 30, 2016

The stock market rallied like a madman at the end of the week and bonds were also in rally mode for most of the week. The question is where the liquidity will come from to sustain a double barreled rally. Negative interest rates are not a genie in a bottle.

US FEDERAL REVENUES INVESTOR MONTHLYUS FEDERAL REVENUES PRO TRADER WEEKLY REPORT Real Time Tax Collection Data Shows US Economy Crashing by Lee Adler •  January 30, 2016

The growth rate of withholding taxes has been growing increasingly negative in inflation adjusted terms for more than four weeks. Following on the heels of a weak December, it is a clear sign that the US has entered recession. Try the Federal Revenues Report risk free for 90 days!

MARKET UPDATE PROMARKET UPDATE PRO DAILY Cycle Screening Measures Strengthen Less Than Market Averages by Lee Adler •  January 30, 2016

Cycle screening measures strengthened on Friday but only 6 of the 9 measures gained. The aggregate measure made a new minor high versus earlier in the week, rising to slightly, but not materially, above the downtrend line connecting the minor peaks since last October.

LATEST NEWS AND OPINION CHARLES HUGH SMITH Stupor Bowl 2016 by Charles Hugh Smith •  January 31, 2016

The Unicorn-believing Bulls will need the financial equivalent of The Catch just to avoid being skunked.When I use the phrase Stupor Bowl, I refer not to the upcoming Super Bowl or the crazy mid-winter bicycle free-for-all in Minneapolis, but…

MUST READ China Manufacturing PMI Is at Recession Levels by Constantin Gurdgiev •  January 31, 2016
Screen-Shot-2016-01-31-at-18.36.03.png
China manufacturing PMI signalled another month of deterioration in operating conditions for January 2016.

MUST READ Why is Inflation so Low? Debt + Demand + Oil = Central Bankers by Constantin Gurdgiev •  January 31, 2016

One of the prevalent themes in macroeconomic circles in recent months has been what I call the “Hero Central Banker” syndrome.

MUST READ US Homeownership, The Fed And Low Interest Rates (Japan Goes Negative!) by Anthony B. Sanders •  January 31, 2016
japanhpb-480x341.png

tThe world was surprised when the Bank of Japan announced they were going into negative interest rate territory, joining the European Central Bank (ECB), Sweden and Switzerland. Japan’s home prices have not recovered from their bubble in 1991 despite the lowering of the Bank of Japan target rate. But that is at the short-end of […]b.gif?host=confoundedinterest.wordpress.

MUST READ How I’m Playing the FANG Stocks Right Now by Michael E. Lewitt •  January 31, 2016

Bank of Japan head Haruhiko Kuroda aimed his kamikaze plane straight at the global economy last week, and scored a direct hit by imposing negative interest rates in Japan for the first time in this cycle.

SOBER LOOK US consumer is the last defense against strong dollar drag on the economy by Sober Look •  January 30, 2016

We continue to receive questions about the impact of the recent dollar strengthening on the US economy. The most immediate impact of course is on trade, which has created an immediate drag on the GDP growth.Source: St Louis Fed, Goldman SachsWe know th…

MUST READ Trade was Biggest Obstacle to Faster 2015 U.S. Recovery by Alan Tonelson •  January 30, 2016

Yesterday’s first official take on America’s fourth quarter, 2015 gross domestic product (GDP) showed that the trade deficit’s continued resurgence was the biggest drag on the period’s feeble 0.69 percent annualized real growth.

DOUG NOLAND- CREDIT BUBBLE BULLETIN Doug Noland’s Credit Bubble Bulletin: About Resuscitation and Reinstatement by Doug Noland •  January 30, 2016

For seven years, I’ve viewed global rate policies akin to John Law’s (1720 France) desperate move to hold his faltering paper money and Credit scheme (Mississippi Bubble period) together by devaluing competing hard currencies (zero and now negative rates devalue “money”).

MUST READ Dow Rises 300 Points Post-BOJ Negative Rate Announcement, Japan/Europe 10Y Sov Yields Decline By 10BPS by Anthony B. Sanders •  January 29, 2016

The aftermath of the Bank of Japan’s negative interest rate announcement was profound.

THE PARETO PRINCIPLE APPLIES TO HEDGE FUNDS

The Pareto principle (also known as the 80–20 rule, the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity)[1] states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/26/the-hedge-fund-managers-that-made-it-big-in-2015.html

Interesting article shows that the top 20 hedge funds responsible for 15% of AUM have produced 48% of total hedge fund returns.

Appears to be a classic application of the Pareto principle in hedge funds management.

Some hedge funds get too big to be profitable. That's why the best establish a ceiling for AUM. And that's why Bernie pitched he didn't want more AUM to potential customers. :lol:

Archived