Introspective incursions

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oil is completely on overdrive via Iran speculation.

Inventories are high. Consumption is down year over year (except diesel).

We are close to a glut on gasoline production.

http://www.api.org/news-and-media/news/newsitems/2012/feb-2012/petroleum-demand-slips-on-heating-oil-decline.aspx

The Iranian situation is kind of strange given that, on any day of the week for the last 20 years you can get a bellicose quote out of Fars or any Mullah. Same shit different day.

Obama has said he is cutting forces and has also been on record as not apt to bomb the place (and the Bush admin came up with the same conclusions).

This is an overhype of an ongoing situation meant to scalp the most $ off of each barrel. Not Chevron et al doing it IMO since they see a margin squeeze and their stock price isn't seeing the move. The producers have to be the ones goosing it. No coincidence in my mind that the last time we saw this stuff was the last election cycle - if you don't like the incumbent party, drive up oil and induce recession. Perhaps the Saudis aren't happy that we haven't taken Iran out and that Iraq is now an Iranian client state.

Anyway - I am flat till the goose is cooked.

Oil is completely on overdrive via Iran speculation.

Inventories are high. Consumption is down year over year (except diesel).

We are close to a glut on gasoline production.

http://www.api.org/n...il-decline.aspx

The Iranian situation is kind of strange given that, on any day of the week for the last 20 years you can get a bellicose quote out of Fars or any Mullah. Same shit different day.

Obama has said he is cutting forces and has also been on record as not apt to bomb the place (and the Bush admin came up with the same conclusions).

This is an overhype of an ongoing situation meant to scalp the most $ off of each barrel. Not Chevron et al doing it IMO since they see a margin squeeze and their stock price isn't seeing the move. The producers have to be the ones goosing it. No coincidence in my mind that the last time we saw this stuff was the last election cycle - if you don't like the incumbent party, drive up oil and induce recession. Perhaps the Saudis aren't happy that we haven't taken Iran out and that Iraq is now an Iranian client state.

Anyway - I am flat till the goose is cooked.

Liquidity via futures markets which "traders" never take delivery, Crude will come under natural deflationary forces of energy advancement and technology in which we will see it selling at NatGas levels a barrel in the next decade. While liquidity balance is warrants, might see $250 a barrel before seeing decades of sub-$10.

I think the best strategy for the next three months while stock market slowly inches up is to pick individual stocks. I think they'll start rotating from sector to sector and poping individual issues. Garbage names one by one but that's what the do during bull markets. IMVHO

It's the same here. Copenhagen has the right idea:

Copenhagen, one of the world’s most bicycle-friendly cities , has begun turning its extensive network of bicycle paths into bike superhighways. The Danish capital has more bicycles than people, and cycling is so popular that the city’s numerous bike paths can become congested during peak time.

The proposed bike highways will be dotted with pit stops where it will be possible for cyclists to pump their tires and fix their bike chains. Moreover, synchronized traffic lights prioritizing bicycles over cars will bring riders from the suburbs into Copenhagen safely and more efficiently. Copenhagen’s municipal bicycle program manager hopes that the bike highways will reduce traffic and increase the percentage of suburban commuters cycling to and from the city to over 50 percent by 2015.

copenhagen_cyclists_for_bike_highways.jpg

http://www.celsias.com/article/bike-superhighways-comint-copenhagen/

ChIndia's trading up their bikes and rickshaws for autos while the "developed world" is trading down from autos to bikes.

Price of oil is more about what's happening in ChIndia than the US.

I've been seeing alot of hype in the news lately about gas reaching 4 dollars or higher this spring, and a few sources predicting 5-6 dollars sometime this year. Typically, whenever such predictions are made and broadcasted through the main stream media, they usually never come to pass. Maybe this time will be different. Who knows.

I've been seeing alot of hype in the news lately about gas reaching 4 dollars or higher this spring, and a few sources predicting 5-6 dollars sometime this year. Typically, whenever such predictions are made and broadcasted through the main stream media, they usually never come to pass. Maybe this time will be different. Who knows.

Obama tied his campaign to lower energy prices at the SOTU. So there could be two competing mind games - the "deliver on lower expectations game" wherein prices stay under 4 and you claim victory, or an effort may be underway to spike above 114 for a while and kill him in swing states. I just don't know either way.

Think how happy everyone will be if we stop stirring the pot and it drops to 2.50 or so.

Liquidity via futures markets which "traders" never take delivery, Crude will come under natural deflationary forces of energy advancement and technology in which we will see it selling at NatGas levels a barrel in the next decade. While liquidity balance is warrants, might see $250 a barrel before seeing decades of sub-$10.

QE just loves food and energy. Household purchasing power suffers, but that doesn't seem to be a huge concern these days for our policy makers.

Archived