Test Thread 11/22/02

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came by late Sat. to take a test drive. Only one on here at the time.

Nice looking package.

Extremely slow response. Entering a forum, the post screen, profile edit, and turning the page to follow the thread each took about 3 minutes to provide new display. Data lights indicate nothing coming toward me most of the waiting period. Long pauses between short bursts of activity. Refreshing the current page is not a problem, but the content is not changing during this time.

Buskow-

That sounds like either an internet connectivity problem, or something particular to the time you were on. At the time of the test the baord ran lightening fast for everyone except one person who was on a MAC.

Doc,

Just to keep you posted. I read through the test thread so I saw what was said on performance, therefore thought my unusual result worth comment. The previous new board and the original Ikon board were not showing any problem at the same time.

I am back here Sunday around noon and it remains as bad. The other boards again do not act that way.

If you would try it on your dial up and see what you see, I would appreciate that comparison.

Hope you and yours are having a nice weekend.

Anybody else on a dialup finding this brutally slow?

One suggestion I have is to go into "My Controls" (link in top menu bar) and change the maximum number of posts per page. The longer the page, the slower to load.

Guest Dad of Doc

Hi Buskow-

Doc is here on my 28.8k modem connection. Talk about sloooooww. Sheesh.

Doc counted on his fingers and got to 12 and this page came up. This is a problem...12 fingers you know. But it's pretty fast for a page on a 28.k modem connection.

Anyway, that's what Doc told me to tell you.

Bye :)

Dad of Doc

Dear Dad of Doc,

Glad to hear you're feeling well enough to take instructions from the boy. :D

It's good the board works well wth your modem. Maybe you can visit on occasion. I know the stoolies would enjoy chatting with you. :)

I have tried the usual PC round of tactics. No hope.

Five different sessions now, so it's not just a slow connection. Could be my ISP's equipment somehow I suppose.

I was suspecting the page contained some code that my machine was not able to run and had to time out, but the CPU useage just sits around zero during the long waits. Don't see any obvious defects in the page content.

Tried 10 posts per page and 40 posts per page, act about the same.

Click...blast of data, page clears, wait...wait...wait...wait...more data...more waiting...the page finally paints.

I use this machine on the net essentially all day - every day. Never seen anything like this.

I run Win 2000 and IE 5.5.

If the consultant or any techno savvy stoolies have items to examine or things to try I'd like to hear them.

:huh:

Dear Doc (and Dad of Doc :) ),

It actually IS the equipment at my ISP!!! :lol:

One of the nice things about EarthLink is they have plenty of nodes. Connecting through an alternate rather than my primary and all works fine.

One of the things not so nice about them is seeking tech support, but I'm going to try 'cause I'd like to know. Even if they fix it I probably never will hear the cause though... :angry: If I do, I'll pass it along.

Thank you so much for checking on your end, and the feedback.

I feel SO much better now.

Let's roll!

B) :rolleyes: :)

Dear Doc (and Dad of Doc :) ),

It actually IS the equipment at my ISP!!! :lol:

One of the nice things about EarthLink is they have plenty of nodes. Connecting through an alternate rather than my primary and all works fine.

One of the things not so nice about them is seeking tech support, but I'm going to try 'cause I'd like to know. Even if they fix it I probably never will hear the cause though... :angry: If I do, I'll pass it along.

Thank you so much for checking on your end, and the feedback.

I feel SO much better now.

Let's roll!

B) :rolleyes: :)

glad you got it working better. get roadrunner if you can, avoid the same company product aol cable, it is not always on.

We need to move night and political here! and maybe even LOB. Futures currently up 3 on spoos.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

1 Members: Gladiator

132 replies since Nov 22 2002, 06:11

Only one in this part of town now. :ph34r: Feels like The Twilight Zone. :o Logged in this time.

Hey Dad of Doc - missed you by about forty-five minutes. Come and visit us more often! :) Might even be a steward's opening for ya somewhere in town! supergrin.gif

Your son's IDS Steward -

Gladiator

Archived