The Post-It-Note

Are you a Stooltrader?

Why Not?

Check out today's Stooltrading action. When the log-in window pops up, type in the

user name: stool

and the password: sample

Good today only.

Then take a subscribatory. 1 week trial just $8.50. Get a quarterly or annual subscription and save.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asian Exoticas are tanking AH, this could be the real thing...

There must be a second southbound train I could hop on...

Goldmember: is that NDX you were talking about? Hope it's not Nasdaq. :P

Holy Guacamole!!! It's finally here!

Anybody else enjoy the MNST, GILD and EXPE collapse over the past couple days?

It's nice to be fully loaded on the right side of the boat.

Good call on the bond debacle Doc...and it also appears that Wndy was right about following AMAT for the sell signal...just didn't know it would all happen on the same day.

Gap & Crap for breakfast anyone?

Don't forget to rape SNDK at the appropriate entry.

Not even Sadam's head on a stick can keep this pig up...it's over.

It's the layoffs and the end of the housing boom that are the issues.

How many additional workers were hired by the mortgage industry to process loans during the boom? That's how many are about to get their pink slips.

77% of all the mortgages refinanced in Q4 02 and Q1 03 were ARMS.

You can hear the For Sale signs being pounded in the yard already.

It' OVER!

Plunger

From the sound of it two more bombs have just disturbed the sleep of some fellow Jakartians. That last one was close.

The criminals took BOBJ up to where I had my mental STOP today, just above the old high. I said to myself, THOR, I said today looks like a good day to NOT honour your stops. BOBJ ended the day as my worst (best for me) performer down 5.60%.

The next worse was SMH down nearly the same.At the other end we find ASL and BVN. ASL must be specific to the buyout. Not much concern there. BVN recovering with a hangover from yesterday's wild partying.

Jerry M:

All three of the Asian Exotica Queens are set up to gap down thru the lower channel line.

Just think of all the dippers who have been getting long on the bull flag, which suddenly and unexpectedly morphs into a waterfall....

Still a little wary of OpEx coming up. Could get a big reversal late tomorrow or Thursday....

Chambers: "we are seeing somethings in our order trends that could be, with the appropriate caveats, considered to lead to a cautiously optimistic outlook for growth after a few quarters"

WTF does that mean?

It means Cisco's orders are trending downward. Fewer orders means pent up demand, which likely will reveal itself a few quarters from now. Thus, they are cautiously optimistic that growth will improve a few quarters from now.

Amazing how many times we see people buy in to the "recovery right around the corner" mantra.

Guess many anal cysts and bag holders are sick and tired of hearing John Chambers do his revenue dance.

The sheeple really are not very smart. Even at 6 times sales, this company could be cut in to thirds. It has been worth 6-7 dollars for a long time but the Sheeple (and even the goof ball anal cysts and fund managers for that matter) keep bidding up this dog.

Chambers: "we are seeing somethings in our order trends that could be, with the appropriate caveats, considered to lead to a cautiously optimistic outlook for growth after a few quarters"

WTF does that mean?

It means Cisco's orders are trending downward. Fewer orders means pent up demand, which likely will reveal itself a few quarters from now. Thus, they are cautiously optimistic that growth will improve a few quarters from now.

Yup, guidance:

Rev: up slightly (2-4%)

Orders: down slightly

Earnings: no mention

Gross margins: 67-69%

OP Ex: +2-3%

...thanks Greg...did ya buy some?  :grin:

No man. My Dec Qube position is very nicely in the green now, but it's small, very small, much smaller than the nice positions I used to swing without cracking a sweat. The bulls have reduced me thus.

That said, a lot of bears made some SAWEET coin today. Our Doc, he's been working really hard here, sweating the rent and keeping hope alive. Lettuce not forget to support the maitre d' with a donation into the Pooper Scooper.

Archived