Stool Happens

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SG, tanks. That answers my nagging question. I'll wait til the technical cracks are evident under assumption that they will appear during the first wave down (#1 during Dec) confirming the rally over and top in place. I'll short this mother on the wave #2 bounce (Christmas rally?) with glee! Besides, my VV shorting strategy list has been shrinking day by day since Oct 9 so it makes sense to wait until it starts expanding again. It speaks for itself, why fight it.

Still tempted to do a bear fund next week though.

The picture is becoming clearer - finally!

Re: INTC - this recent move in the stock along with ATML and AMD can be attributed to Intel's intention to raise memory prices in January on Flash Memory...

The problem with getting bullish on that note, is that unlike Microprocessors, Intel holds no protected Intellectual Property, there's a ton of other vendors who will go along for a short ride on this price increase, but look for cannabalism by the end of Q1...

Takes the anal cysts a little while to figure it out, since most of them are still teething, but the old boys, Like Jonathan Joseph, already smell a rat...

One thing I remember vividly a few issues back is that Prechter said that a prerequisite before the massive wave 3 selloff is that everyone has to be on board and FULLY comitted to equities. Aureleus, it appears we are witnessing that right now. Many sentiment measures say so.

He also said that if we rally back to the H&S neckline like we are doing now (and he expected) it would provide an excellent opportunity to go heavily short. Well, here we are now or soon.

A few facts of a bear market

1. Even in nasty bear markets, 20% of stocks are moving up at any time.

2. A different sector always leads each decade.

3. 70's , consumer, oil stocks; 80's Drug stocks, 90's tech stocks, 00'???? I think energy alternative and biotech stocks, natural resource, gold stocks.

New bull markets in certain sectors usually begin during secular and or ST bear markets... while everyone is snoozing.

An interesting chart... glean from it what you will... but generally... always own the LEADER in the sector... not the laggard...

post-3-1038581527_thumb.jpg

Archived