IDS World Markets Fri 17th October 08

Would it be a good idea to merge M2M into IDS and have a single daily thread?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will never understand why someone would pay a premium to some schlock dealer and want to hold the physical....but that's just me....the situation that comes too mind where having the physical would be a good is just so Armageddon that transporting the physical would be impossible and more than likely you would be relived of your bullion and you life by some gun totting Mad Max types.....just my opinion......guess I am slightly prejudiced though, as many I know would consider me a gun totting Mad Maxx type.... :lol:

701106[/snapback]

TJ,

Thanks for the advice. However, I am an old Vietnam Vet who was a point man in the Delta and behind the lines for 2 months in Cambodia. I am armed with a very nice dependable AK74 for just the reasons you mentioned. I also know a lot about asymetrical warfare since I was on the receiving end of it in 1969. I am old now but the lessons learned have not left me. I will protect my family and their future against anyone no matter who they are. My beliefs about the future are obviously different than a lot of folks on this board. But they are based on history of govs and central banks and what they have done in the past. Like Solomon said, there is nothing new under the sun. What has been will be, what will be has already been done.

I have a LOT of bullion and yes, I think hyperinflation will hit sooner than later.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TJ,

Thanks for the advice. However, I am an old Vietnam Vet who was a point man in the Delta and behind the lines for 2 months in Cambodia. I am armed with a very nice dependable AK74 for just the reasons you mentioned. I also know a lot about asymetrical warfare since I was on the receiving end of it in 1969. I am old now but the lessons learned have not left me. I will protect my family and their future against anyone no matter who they are. My beliefs about the future are obviously different than a lot of folks on this board. But they are based on history of govs and central banks and what they have done in the past. Like Solomon said, there is nothing new under the sun. What has been will be, what will be has already been done.

I have a LOT of bullion and yes, I think hyperinflation will hit sooner than later.

701112[/snapback]

I think the gold chart will tell us when that time is approaching. I still think it is at least a few years off yet, and that we could see Gold in the $500-600 range in the interim.

Any trading above $930 now, would probably signal that the wheels are about to come off the Buck........

When all those idiots that are paying a 70% premium to spot give it up, and refuse to pay hardly any premium at all, then it might be a good time to look at LT purchase.

As the hope on the slope diminishes, those premiums will come down....

701102[/snapback]

I won't say you are wrong because I have a great deal of respect for your abilities. But there are different was to look at things. You look at the comex price charts, I look at actual sales. These prices do not just apply to schlock dealers but to fleabay prices of actual sales. I know AMike hates fleabay but it is the single largest market in the world....except the fed selling treasuries :lol:

3 and 5 day cycle indicators still in buy mode. SPX holding above the upturned 3 day cycle MA at 912.04. If that breaks, should mark early failure of 3-5 day cycle up phase. If it holds, we could still see a churn higher. 5 day cycle MA now 936, 8 day now 941

I won't say you are wrong because I have a great deal of respect for your abilities. But there are different was to look at things. You look at the comex price charts, I look at actual sales. These prices do not just apply to schlock dealers but to fleabay prices of actual sales. I know AMike hates fleabay but it is the single largest market in the world....except the fed selling treasuries :lol:

701115[/snapback]

I will HAPPILY fade whatever is the latest craze on FleaBay. :lol:

I will never understand why someone would pay a premium to some schlock dealer and want to hold the physical....but that's just me....the situation that comes too mind where having the physical would be a good is just so Armageddon that transporting the physical would be impossible and more than likely you would be relived of your bullion and you life by some gun totting Mad Max types.....just my opinion......guess I am slightly prejudiced though, as many I know would consider me a gun totting Mad Maxx type.... :lol:

701106[/snapback]

And just what is Armageddon? Nukes flying would be one scenario, but at least most everybody would die and not have to live through the aftermath. :(

What we're watching now is DMD's (Derivatives of Mass Destruction), which are much more stealthy, just as lethal (to every government on the planet), and leaves everyone to live through the aftermath. This has Mad Max implications. :ph34r: How do you buy and sell goods if the fiats have no value?

If you have not already done so, and if it's still possible, owning physical (at whatever premium) is a good insurance policy against this type of Armageddon. And if Armageddon never comes, well then it is a store of value that can be passed on to the next generations so they might have the insurance policy. At the very least, in the interest of diversification in your portfolio, it is smart (IMO) to periodically convert some of your paper gains into physical assets. There are lots of choices, but I believe gold is the best. If gold really is nothing more than a pretty rock, why do central banks still hold it in this day and age? Do you think they view it as an insurance policy?

No offense, Trader Joe. I'm not taking a shot at you by any means. I'm just using your post to take the soap box. I will be forever groveling to your accumen until I get my first 6 figure day. (That was just incredible!)

I'm out today. Mad Max has loaded up the car with several toys and needs training. I heading to the outdoor shooting range. Taking a .223, a 5.56mm, a 12g. and a .45.

I love the smell of gun powder in the morning....it smells like victory. B)

Opex = lots of noise today. I tried to go short yesterday ahead of this. I was anticipating a blood bath today. Got burned - intraday swings are just too volatile to hold anything. I'm leaving it alone. Be careful out there.

post-4028-1224251285.jpg

701115[/snapback]

I've been hearing and reading alot about how physical metal does not relate to how the paper gold is trading. Demand is strong and supply is limited. Have anyone thought that maybe it's the major miners doing all the shorting to lock in prices for the coming year because of this credit/financial meltdown? Makes total sense in a business standpoint.

Archived