So, Where's the Beef?

The HOPE is that Al will do a shockanauw on la masses with a 1/2 pt. cut and thrust us into a suckund half recovery with jobs and gass for all. May as well trot out all the past calls for the suckun half recovery from years past. Just hold on things are all going just fine.

One more thing a huge 1 trillions in Repo will convince everyone recovery is still possible. Even it is a fake blast.

Who will have the courage to short Repo blast?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm now scouring for individual stock shorts to play. Anybody (PD?) have a favorite list going?

Don't have a list yet as PD said, in a few weeks time we can throw darts at them.

I will be shorting MO (The artist formally known as Philip Morris) on monday. This POS is sitting +3 sigma above it's trend line.

I guess I'll be a MO'focker.

A few snippets from America: What Went Wrong?:

It should be noted that conditions beyond the government rule book are also at work in the economy. There is, for example, an entry-level work force that increasingly is unable to write a simple sentence or do elementary arithmetic. There is a preoccupation with resorting to litigation to settle most any type of conflict or slight, real or imagined. There is a systemic failure in schools to provide the basic technological education required for the business world of the twenty first century.

While the government rule book encourages deal-making over creating jobs and rewards those who engineer new pieces of paper to be traded on Wall Street rather than those who engineer new products that can be manufactured and sold, Congress has displayed little interest in making changes.

Buying more physical this week!

Interesting artcle in the local newspaper about the Ohio state teachers retirement fund. Seems they have lost about a quarter of their assets in the last 3 years, 12 billion dollars worth and are now limiting healthcare benefits. Of course it didnt stop the administrators from taking large bonuses and building an extravagant new office, to the tune of 95 million dollars which included $900,000 of artwork, a $425,000 fitness center and a $818,000 daycare center. Employee bonuses totalled $14 million over the last three years. Even better, when asked about these expenditures and the grumblings of the plan participants, the director's response was "The money spent on bonuses and the art belongs to the board and not the teachers" ...more signs of malinvestment and the coming destruction!

Sphinx-

Don't mess with Texas...

:lol:

Heavens-to-Betsy!

Never would mess - just making an observation. :P

Of course there are great people - the best you ever met- in every state of the union. Texas included!

Sphinxter's rule of life is that, in general, people are good. Bloated institutions are bad. More of an irony than a paradox.

Now to the point. Gold is off to the races once again failing to lie down and die. :D

I hope everyone took a trip to the coin store this weekend!

Soft one,

Welcome to the best damn site on the web for people like us. :grin:

We are too busy chewing the tires off of our wives cars to post. :wink2:

I don't know if the top is here but, a drop to the 970-980 is where I will be looking to cover shorts temporarily.

I know nothing.

Where is everybody??

I'll tell you where they are.

Everyone has temporarily retired like Torah Man and is back to living a normal life, or looking for long plays at RagingBull.com

Everyone is sick and tired of being a bear, seeing the futures jammed, the Nikkei in a perpetual meltup, gold getting slammed, and the dollar being powerjammed by the BOJ every night.

Sick and tired of hearing hapless old timers like Zapata George getting Repo Blasted out of his shorts at Marketviews.

Sick and tired of reading 10 newsletters and commentaries about how stocks should go lower and the consumer should collapse, yet the opposite happens.

Roger Arnold's Sunday recent archives have also disappeared.

What is a bear to do?

Run and hide.

Archived