Welcome to "The January Effect"

It has been raining non-stop all weekend.

I just finished my trading summary for 2004 income taxes.

What I found out was rather revealing.

When I started scalping and using a much shorter time horizon, taking nickles and dimes instead of $100 bills, my results improved dramatically.

Made 3x as much money in the latter half of the year, following this approach than I did in the first half.

Some excellent advice from The End over at B4 The Bell:

Stop thinking about whether 2005 will be an up year. I for one never heard of the 5 stat. until Oct of 2004. Now that everyone knows about it, does it make it null and void?. I don't know and neither does anyone else. Concentrate on the short term.

The End has a family to feed by his trading. He has no choice but to use extreme concentration, and follow the tape.

His famous words are: FOCUS!!!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We don't know and neither do they." As a matter of fact you could pick a stock now and it could scream to high heaven and the market could just consolidate lower for months on end.

Did you buy AEOS in Jan. 2004. So, do you keep on buying? Looks like the cause is used up....

Anyway, don't you think there are a few worried...

"Current conditions: The signs are quite ominous. The market is giving off many signals of topping. And specific individual stocks that may offer opportunities look less in number and look even less attractive to a chartist. If one is not a chartist and does not like to depend on charts, then it should be noted that a clearly visible and tradable trend is absent on leading stocks. Consequently, buy levels are recommended at a new low level of perhaps 100-200 shares as a test-buy at a maximum, rather than a percentage of one's trading capital. The big money is not made on the first buy anyway. It is the subsequent pyramid buys that make the big money."

http://www.highvelocitystocks.com/

http://www.breakout123.com

Username: mrbreak

Password: mr123

wndy; word !

I realized in November that almost every time I lost money, it was when I held something overnight; and got shanked by some unexpected gap-open or whatever. Whereas, every time I had made money, it was on something that I was in and out of in a matter of hours.

Can't trust the market....so I don't trust it :lol:

my motto now is: Flat at night...Sleep real tight! :D

Another one which has totally ignored the drop in Chinese stocks and has been impervious to recent market weakness.

In fact, not too far away from new, all-time highs.....

Keep an eye on this one.

If the broad market is headed for a selloff, it would seem that these overpriced concept? stocks would get hammered ASAP.

Possible "Giraffe" breakout.

big.chart?symb=ntes&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=181281&style=320&time=8&freq=1&nosettings=1&rand=865&mocktick=1&rand=5670

NTES cannot be touched for short. In fact I know a couple of (value-oriented) hedge funds in NYC shorted this one and were burned badly in 2003.

This stock has a very small float and the real large MMs are from China and

not shown on Yahoo's top institution holders. Those MMs have the stocks

purchases through thousands of small accounts and they are really controlled

by one or two big players. Those one or two big players always work with

the executive team to release good news/earnings or bad news/earnings to move stocks according to their position.

That's how the stock markets in SH is manipulated and now since SH is dead,

the gimmicks are played on NTES kind of stocks on New York market.

Just to share my knowledge with fellow stoolies.

this one

Thanks for sharing that info.

It's very much appreciated.

How to link to Stoolie Stock Charts.

1. Go here http://www.capitalstool.com/stock-charts.htm (The link is in the left column, under resources.

2. Make your chart

3. Move your cursor over the chart

4. Right click

5.  Select  Copy Image Address 

7. Come back to the board

7. Click the button to add post

8. Type in whatever text you want

9. Click the IMG button above the posting box.

7. Put your cursor in the little window that opens

11.  Right click

10. Click Paste. (Or Ctrl V keyboard shortcut)

12. Click OK

10. Add reply and your done.

Your beautiful chart will appear in your post.

If you have reset Firefox to accept images from certain websites, you will need to close and restart the browser for the setting to take effect, I think.  :huh: :mellow:

Doc, When are you going to update Uncle Buck?

gawd...that pattern's a thing o' beauty k-wave!  :lol:

ps;  good to have ya back!  glad you had so much fun with your dad last week. :)

Thanks,

It was nice to take a break from the screens...

The charts sure do look a lot different after just one week.. :lol:

It took me awhile to look over all the markets and get readjusted..

Archived