Daily Pms Discussion Forum Dec 9, 2002

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a noble experiment, but.....

There are only two of us here right now. It really is too time-consuming to go back and forth between the two boards during trading hours, so I'm going to suggest that intra-day gold trading stuff continues at old IDS, while this one is used to consolidate all the little threads after hours, and non-day-trading stuff during the day too. Also having that second board open eats bandwidth. I really, really, like the idea of not going back and forth between a zillion little threads -- I tend to miss things when we have so many threads going, and sometimes an interesting post will only get 1 or 2 responses and disappear quickly. FWIW

Okay, I'm bailing out now too. Like the Agatha Christie novel/movie..... And Then There Was One......

RGLD is sssssmoking, despite the uninspiring intra-day behaviour of the POG. Does anybody know the reason? I can find no news items that would spur a buying panic... Initially I thought that people have simply started buying what has outperformed during the decline - but then they should be buying SLGLF even more heavily and that one is down for the day...

Regards,

Vesselin

Drano: don't make a rush to judgement. One day is not enough time to tell. This type of board may take time to get its footing. Let's give it a few months and see what kind of attention it draws.

My top 5 winners today:

1. RGLD, 4.27%

2. HL, 3.25%

3. DROOY, 2.44%

4. SIL, 1.99%

5. GLG, 1.66%

My bottom 5 losers today:

1. HMY -2.05%

2. BGO -2.40

3. CBJ -2.40

4. AEM -2.62

5. CAU -5.26

Looking at the winners, my take is this: smart buying.

Looking at the losers: dunno, but I'm sick of watching CAU tank.

Commitment of traders figures show commercials are net short this market. This troubles me somewhat, but I think it fits in with a wave 2 scenario that seems to be setting up for the next week or two. I'll bet they start covering and going long by month's end, or sooner.

Archived