Fantasy Island

oh, okay.

Filled at 110-17/32 on T-note futures (closed short).

I'll watch from the sidelines. There will be lots of black scary headlines about bonds tonight, which may set up some contrarian action soon.

I wonder if the mainstream media even reports on bond surges.

In any case, this bond action, against the backdrop of recent econ numbers, looks like a rejection of the Roach scenario, at least for now.

Stay tuned.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the longs got an old-fashioned Hulk Hogan boot to the head. :o

Can you believe I shorted near the top and am break-even now?

Bog. Miller must be soaking up lots of shares. Silly me, I should know better by now and follow the Pile method of Trading. My deep hate for this POS AMZN surfaces.

As I write this I see it's just popped up .40 cents in 1 minute...sheesh.

AS

From M. Norman at RMoney.com

Between June 1980 and May 1981, 10-year note yields went from 9.78% to 14.10%. That's about the same rise percentage-wise, though it took a lot longer. But heck, look at the absolute rate increase. Wow! So you've gained 1.5% now. Big deal. Rates are still low.

This same idiot trumpeted a drop in the fed funds from 1.5% to 1.0% as huge, a 33% drop.

What a f*cking wise guy.

I hate that guy.

Tpark,

I just got up close and squinted at your avatar. Until just now, I always that that was a picture of raspberry syrup being poured onto pancakes.

Honest.

Me too. The maple leaf subliminaly made me think of syrup, maple syrup.

bullseatshitndie and who ever posted that quote avbout the 10yr fib ret of 3.82 being 4.51, thatnks for the heads up. Sharp rebound in 10yrs (TYU3) off lows http://www.futuresource.com/charts/charts....e=SMALL&x=0&y=0

and SPU3 can't get above its highs, then rolls over. http://www.futuresource.com/charts/charts....=V&varminutes=5

check the chart action 2:15-2:30

Guy from the Merc on bloomberg Peter Yastrow of MANN i think it was, was just on talking about the yield run-up, and also noting that an asset allocation trade took place as those models move out of equities into some of the higher yield

Awhile back on M@market i posted that Art Cashin was saying traders on the floor were looking at the 4.00% level and higher on 10 yrs as a level that could be trouble for equites, well i guess it was 4.51%

From M. Norman at RMoney.com

Between June 1980 and May 1981, 10-year note yields went from 9.78% to 14.10%. That's about the same rise percentage-wise, though it took a lot longer. But heck, look at the absolute rate increase. Wow! So you've gained 1.5% now. Big deal. Rates are still low.

This same idiot trumpeted a drop in the fed funds from 1.5% to 1.0% as huge, a 33% drop.

What a f*cking wise guy.

The "heavy users" of credit are spread traders. These percentages are real to them. That's the margin in their business.

What would you have done in your restaurant if your spread was cut in half?

You make less money, and hope that half of your competition will go out of business. Coin toss.

oops. scottcardiff - now i get which part is the wiseguy and which part is you. he is an ijit.

Archived