Another Happy print!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hot salted fractals....step riiight up, get yer hot salted fractals......

Da problem I have with this comparison is that I believe this is a higher degree bear market than that one.

My best guess is that the 02/03 low was primary 4 bottoming, i.e.- a primary bear. That mean '07 was the cycle top -- and possibly also a supercycle top.

Our current bear is, at the very least, one degree higher than 02/03 -- i.e.- it's a cycle degree bear. Our best hope for the fractal to play out on a shorter time frame is if Primary A ended (or ends) soon -- which is entirely possible. Then we could play out the fractal with a Primary B bounce for awhile, and everyone who got burned 5 years ago would be fooled this time, thinking they'd learned from that market -- unaware that the rules have changed. That would set up Primary C, which would be the big Shorty-type NASTY.

There is another possibility I'm considering (it's remote, but maybe worth mentioning). That is that Primary A ended Nov. and Primary B is ending now/soon -- this is unlikely, because it would be a very abridged B, but if the cycle downdrafts are strong enough, anything's possible. So we could head (more or less) directly to the C wipeout, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

Who knows which is right, it won't become apparent until we're farther along -- but either way, even if we form a "bottom" here similar to 02/03, I believe it will eventually (as in a year or two at most) fail in spectacular fashion.

Hot salted fractals....step riiight up, get yer hot salted fractals......

Looks good, but what stands out to me most is the lack of a double bottom in the current chart.

If I was the PPT I'd fricken' engineer one ASAP to get everyone back in the market.

AZ is a great preview of our dystopian future. Huge six-lane (one-way) freeways that no one can drive on due to absolutely ubiquitous speed cameras. All set to be inched down from 60 to 55 to 50 etc to feed the exponentially growing appetite of the State. The highwaymen of the medieval ages live again, only now they run everything.

I thought the only speedcam was in scottsdale, and it is being removed. The last time I was there I drove extensively through phoenix and only saw the one in Scottsdale.

Speaking of water boarding, my cousin, the one who did the water boarding story on Current TV will be visiting us this weekend. He reports from the world's hottest danger zones. He's just back from Yemen, and Philadelphia, where he reported on gang gun violence.

Doc, let us know if you can get a take on the Philly gun issue from him. The Philly mayor is the biggest gun control advocate in the state and the Governor isn't much better.

TIA

EDIT: Never mind, Found the documentary, watching it now..........

AZ is a great preview of our dystopian future. Huge six-lane (one-way) freeways that no one can drive on due to absolutely ubiquitous speed cameras. All set to be inched down from 60 to 55 to 50 etc to feed the exponentially growing appetite of the State. The highwaymen of the medieval ages live again, only now they run everything.

I meant to say one other thing. "no one can drive on" is BS. People drive it every day. You just can SPEED on it.

Everyone knows where the speedcams are, so you just slow down for them, and speed up for the rest of your trip.

A Stress Test for the Latest Bailout Plan

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/14/business/14nocera.html

The guy makes a good case that the U.S. should just go ahead and nationalize some

insolvent banks. It's pointless to waste time being afraid to nationalize banks when

we will have to do so eventually anyway. May as well get on with it. The

government certainly could not do a worse job at managing the banks than the banks'

own CEO's have done. And the FDIC has managed banks just fine when it's stepped in.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

notes that the jickiss Stock of the Year did nothing today. CDE 72 high, 68.5 low (all in Cents, but you knew that, didn't you???????)

anyway,

Happy Friday the 13th.

jickiss!!!!!!!

I have few hundred shares just to show my respect for your efforts :-)

Shorty- I deleted your post about Current TV. I felt insulted.

For your information, this is typical of the kind of work Kaj does.

<object width="400" height="342">

<param name="movie" value="http://current.com/e/89716716/en_US"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://current.com/e/89716716/en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="342" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>

Sorry about that -- I apologize. I found that site's table of contents repulsive and depressing although I know a lot of people are into that kind of belief system. But I wasn't opining anything about Kaj by association. I watched his entire video and I thought it was very professionally done (despite the fact that I personally disagree with its primary implication). He's obviously exceptionally talented and hardworking to be able to produce something like that, not to mention having a lot of guts. I also appreciated the way he expressed his viewpoint fairly, without unnecessarily vilifying the other side. If that's the type of work he does, I'm grateful for it, it's a positive contribution to our society and certainly not deserving of any silly mocking or derision by someone like me.

Archived