B4 The Bell Fry day 8/20/04

DrStool

I posted early in the morning that an El Nino has been confirmed for this winter and that means cold Brudda, it has been a fair while since we had a El Nino winter and the last one wrought havoc across the globe. We have had La nina twice in the last 5 years and La nina has kept the east Coast relatively mild and the West Coast Stormy but mild. The last El Nino brought a winter storm to us that dumped over 6 ft of snow where I live at sea-level, so yes it looks like a dinger of a winter. ;)

Brian4,

What is the difference between "El Nino" and "El Nina"?

I am confused here.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted early in the morning that an El Nino has been confirmed for this winter and that means cold Brudda,? it has been a fair while since we had a El Nino winter and the last one wrought havoc across the globe.? We have had La nina twice in the last 5 years and La nina has kept the east Coast relatively mild and the West Coast Stormy but mild.? The last El Nino brought a winter storm to us that dumped over 6 ft of snow where I live at sea-level, so yes it looks like a dinger of a winter. ;)

Brian4,

I am confused here.

El Nino has a penis. :)

I posted early in the morning that an El Nino has been confirmed for this winter and that means cold Brudda,  it has been a fair while since we had a El Nino winter and the last one wrought havoc across the globe.  We have had La nina twice in the last 5 years and La nina has kept the east Coast relatively mild and the West Coast Stormy but mild.  The last El Nino brought a winter storm to us that dumped over 6 ft of snow where I live at sea-level, so yes it looks like a dinger of a winter. ;)

Brian4,

I am confused here.

El Nino has a penis. :)

That is definitely a "Scorpio Rising" response.

ROFLMAO

Sherlock- El Nino to most of the World means frigid Cold to the West Coast of the U.S. and Canada Cold and Stormy, Europe and the East coast of the U.S. get extreme cold. El Nino by the way is the "Christ Child" so named by Portugese Fisherman it is the extreme cooling of Ocean currents at the equator, La Nina is the opposite extreme warming of said currents which brings extreme wind and rainstorms to the west coast but remains mild ditto the East Coast. El Nino is the extreme in both COLD and Storms. Buy Fur Baby gonna be an old fashioned Winter with of course record heating Oil and NG prices. Interesting just got finished watching our national News..Saskatchewan the land of "Farmer" and Manitoba had there earliest frost in History last night which means the Soy bean Crop will be toast as the record frost is forecast to continue. Not looking Good here where I live still warm and Sunny 3 days of rain ahead (first in two months) so for us still OK!

On another topic I posted the article from The National Post yesterday about the Idiot Princes Iniative in building "Fortress America" which is to fly jets and Blackhawks up and down the Canadian and U.S. Border, the article pointed out how lukewarm the head of the U.S. Border Patrol at Douglas, North America's second largest port was to the idea. He pointed last year was a record low for the number of illegals penetrating the Border. While on our news tonite in Bellingham they rolled out the first Jet Black BlackHawk Gunship today in Gold lettering on its side it said "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" plus its one of those silent choppers nothing but the best for Tom Fridge-Huh! No wonder the head of the Border Patrol is pissed off , the U.S. is broke but still at great cost duplicating services so no one Agency knows what is going on plus of course pissing off Allies who have for over 200 years prided themselves on the Worlds largest undefended Border as the ultimate sign of friendship! And on a footnote our Military has said no Fridge you don't fly in OUR airspace. ;)

Thanks, Brian4 for that explanation.

Whether or not we have oil/energy/electricity,

Mother Nature is still the bottom line on whether or not we can grow food.

Rockledge is right, watch the animals and the plants.

We humans think we are so smart, yet, we don't even have a clue

about survival things such as the "intelligence" possessed by the plants

and the critters. They sense what's coming and prepare. We don't.

End of story.

One day soon, our government will suddenly run out of cash, unable to meet its payments, leaving the United States as bankrupt as any banana republic. We are far more vulnerable than most Americans realize. . . With a debt of $7.3 trillion, if interest rates were to hit the levels we saw 20 years ago, it would take every nickel collected in income taxes just to pay the interest on our existing debt. There would be no money left for defense, or homeland security, or education, or Social Security.

Gerald J. Swanson, America the Broke

This book has just been published -- maybe available through Doc's bookstore.

Mr. Swanson was interviewed on Bloomberg radio today. He mentioned that even during Mad Al's "one percent blowout sale," interest payments consumed 17% of the Federal budget. As they rise toward 3, 4, even 5%, the added interest cost goes into the hundreds of billions.

The U.S. is running a $400 billion-plus deficit now ... during an economic expansion ... with rock-bottom interest rates ... and with the true cost of the Afghan and Iraqi military adventures deferred into FY 2005.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that the deficit is going to blow through $500 billion next year ... maybe $600 billion if the economy weakens.

It REALLY IS going to go exponential one day.

I'd feel better if Swanson hadn't written a previous book called Bankruptcy 1995, though. We all know the USA Inc Hedge Fund is doomed. But timing is everything ... :(

good thing we locked in the low rates for long term :huh: :lol:

Archived