IDS World Markets Thurs 20th September 07

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something just looks fishy about this move.  Boyz will close it green with a giant shank.

So be careful out there!.

609379[/snapback]

do you mean crank

shank is to take it lower

609383[/snapback]

Using the term (albeit) a bit too loosely, only from the perspective of golf, as in a veer at a severe angle (from our present trajectory).

Averaged in about 1534 now :mellow: Ready for the woodshed just in case.

post-2479-1190314826_thumb.jpg

From the rate cuts are not always bullish department.

The old saying "Don't fight the Fed" is not backed by facts. Periods of rising rates combined with background of modest inflationary expectations when rates are rising from low levels, are more bullish for stocks than periods when rates are deeply cut from higher interest levels combined with background of higher inflationary expectations.

When rates are cut to pump more liquidity(debt) into the system, prices of stocks decline. In fact, inflationary expectations appear to be just as important.

Is this good?

609367[/snapback]

I had orders out for 3 different put contracts and it ran clean away from me on 'em all. <_<

609377[/snapback]

You need a better broker. This guy always gets fills on his orders for contracts.

609384[/snapback]

Naw, my guy is a bit slipshod on price but he makes me laugh.

609395[/snapback]

dude, dats Wavy Gravy! he rocks!

So let me get this straight.

The rate cut actually will help CRUSH housing instead of save?

Lower rates = lower dollar.

Lower dollar = selling in bonds.

Selling in bonds = Higher Rates

Higher Rates = Crush the housing Market.  :o

609411[/snapback]

Say the magic word and win a duck!

post-1981-1190316150.jpg

So let me get this straight.

The rate cut actually will help CRUSH housing instead of save?

Lower rates = lower dollar.

Lower dollar = selling in bonds.

Selling in bonds = Higher Rates

Higher Rates = Crush the housing Market.  :o

609411[/snapback]

Just like the worst case scenario: Lower s/t and higher l/t rates. And then foreigners sell ing off US$ holdings leaving the Fed to prop the markets all by themselves creating even more debt on debt.

I am waiting on higher long term rates to lock in some more CD's.I think I got a lucky break on some I already bought.I locked in 2 CD's at 6% for 5 years a few weeks back....

The good thing is that if yields rocket up,the CD's I bought only have a 3 month interest penalty if I dont hold till maturity.If I had to,I could take the small hit and relock in much higher if yields permit. :)

As for the market,want in on some QID.But afraid to hit the buy button :mellow: (which means we are about to drop like a rock :o )

I've been saying for a very long time that a weaker US economy would lead to higher bond yields as the FCBs flee US paper. Looks like they aren't waiting for the economy to weaken all that much. They're front running.

Archived