B4 the Bell, Fryday May 21, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yobob1
yobob1:

Crapview touting $2 million RV coaches and $300,000 RV parking spots in Palm Springs.......

Just like a raging bull on the cover of Barrons

Neocon Lets Cat Out of Bag

Robert Dreyfuss

May 19, 2004

Michael Rubin?a young staffer at the American Enterprise Institute who?s just left the Pentagon, where he played a small role as a neocon cog in the Office of Special Plans war machine?let a herd of cats out of the bag about his favorite Iraqi phony, Ahmad Chalabi of the Iraqi National Congress.

"By telegraphing that he is not the favorite son of America, the administration will bolster him, showing he is his own man."

In other words, it?s all a big con game. The still-neocon-dominated Pentagon?which this week stopped funding Chalabi?s INC ?is playing its last card, hoping that it can boost Chalabi?s sagging fortunes by pretending to sever ties with him. That, the neocons hope, will allow Chalabi to strengthen his ties to Sistani, the king-making mullah who, they hope, holds Iraq?s fate in his wrinkled hands.

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/neocon_le..._out_of_bag.php

Interesting idea since I also read that Chalabi will now play the role of

"victim" to the hilt with his Iraqi audience -- anti-American.

Thus he could play a double role like a spy.

Wait until the Iraqis discover he has promised Washington that when he is in charge he will make peace with Israel and deliver Iraqi oil to them.

Yes, I now feel confident we will have another "unexplainable" attack like 911

to bring home the election.

I just wanna puke!!! :ph34r:

Sherlock

Morning Crew- Go Gold Go- 15 straight weeks now where Fund outflows have exceeded inflows-as I have said before $ are the mothers milk of the markets and they ain't getting any. That post by Zen is one to keep an eye on, I just heard an FBI warning to look for suicide bombers-so something is up. 50 minute window opens at the Bell-Helmets and flack jackets on pls! ;)

FBI Issues Homeland Suicide Bomber Warning

U.S. law enforcement warned to look for tell-tale signs

By ELAINE SHANNON/WASHINGTON

Thursday, May. 20, 2004

The FBI is warning law enforcement agencies to be on the alert for the possibility that suicide bombers may attempt to strike inside the United States. A lightly classified intelligence bulletin circulated Thursday to 18,000 U.S. law enforcement bodies is headlined "Possible suicide bomber indicators," and was distributed via the Bureau?s secure Law Enforcement Online (LEO) Intranet. It warns local badge-carriers to look for obvious signs of trouble ? people wearing heavy, bulky jackets on warm days, smelling of chemicals, trailing wires from their jackets ? as well, more subtle ones, such as tightly clenched fists. Someone who never shows his palms could be gripping a detonator rigged to go off when a button is released. "If you shoot him, you ' re still not safe because his hands relax and the bomb explodes," says a counter-terrorism official.

The FBI bulletin also notes that suicide bombers may disguise themselves in stolen military, police or firefighter's garb, or even as pregnant women.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,...,640684,00.html

Given the ultra high P/C ratio the last 2 weeks, and the large open interest in puts, it seems unlikely that we see a selloff today. The way I see it, when I buy a put, the Boyz will hedge that put by either shorting the futures or the stock, since what they really want is the premium. Now that options are expiring, they will need to unwind those hedges, meaning they will be buying futures and stocks. Every time the market drops, put holders will close positions to take profits, and the Boyz will unwind hedges - voila, a rally. That's why the market never seems to make a big move in OpEx week. JMHO - is this incorrect?

Archived