Matrix Agents Resign

We all know the market is going down for a bit-i have said and am stickinking by about 865-75 on SPX a bounce till xmas and then a hard down in the ist quarter. But I think THE STORY is what happened today-Larry Lindsay and Paul O'neill weren't the brightest but they were DECENT pluggers and now HOOVER has canned them and the suggested replacements run the full gamut of YES MEN. I ask you would you buy a used YUGO from Charlie Schwab-how about Phil Gramm-which way is the trough? Or Don Evans aka Captain Charisma! I am a right wing conservative but I know a mean group of wingnuts when I see them-Bushie is crossing the line from consensus building to Zealot-my way or the highway! on another note a quote from the Safe Wealth report " As of June 30/2002 the 30 dow industrials components have a combined 3.3 trillion in liabilities compared to 728 billion in book value of which 218 billion of book value is goodwill" We may as well nominate Krudlow and Creamer to fill the two positions. Trade safe!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken was great tonight.

You people have no idea (well, some people do) how much EWI has lost me. Granted we cannot break down to much lower from the lows today,before i would abandon another push up, perhaps 880 or so but this thing might just have one more rally in her up to and above the neckline.

In any case, i am net short with March puts and jan calls. If we do happen to rally further, it should not last too long (mid Jan) and then the big one. Play it safe, and you should do fine.

Don't pay any attention to me. I'm just a fellow stoolie. :grin:

jrcsoft: I am not too sure if you are trying to say that removing the double taxation of dividends is a positive

for the market.

I was talking to an Aussie Hedge Manager and he was telling me how their system works (they removed double taxation some time ago).

In Australia the removal of double taxation did have some impacts - most of which I haven't got the energy to explain. But it was not a major catalyst for a rally.

It encourages investors to invest in companies that have local profits that are subject to local tax. Banks apparently have been big beneficiaries. Companies that have bogus profits are not big beneficiaries.

So I get the impression that technology and the companies that refuse to expense options, will not be

beneficiaries.

I posted on IDS today, it's rare these days.

I mentioned that the abonishment of O'Niell and Lindsey could be positive, short term for the equities market.

The reason, Shrub might come off as someone who actually is paying attention to the economy

For weeks, all we have heard is saddam must be removed and all that war talk but now, he said something that MIGHT get people to THINK he is thinking about getting re-elected and therefore paying attention to us.

I don't think the ebulance will last but, it is something that a burnt bear should consider.

I would like to know what you think about that scenerio?

Yea Butt, as Arte Johnson used to say on "Laugh In," Veeeerrrryy Interestink"

Brian re: Phil Gramm, you can forget that. His wife Wendy, as you may recall, was on the Enron B.O.Ds. You can kiss his southern drawl goodbye. Charles Schwab, from a public relations point of view (is there really any other kind?) would be the perfect choice for Bush. He is the anti Merrill/Lehman/Goldman/SmithBarney insider guy.

But he won't take the job.

Why take a government job being a puppet for the idiot prince on an economic Titanic that has already hit the iceberg when you are the personification of the largest investment company that didn't "paint the pig."

He's living his wet dream right now.

Evans maybe but, I think he is more valuable to Bush right where he is.

My biggest fear is that he might actually pick Larry Kudlow for Lindsey's job as Economic Advisor. This is the kind of thing Kudlow was gunning for in the eighties before the evil white powder got to him. At least Kud and Dubya can have CA (Cocaine Annonymous) meetings together. And Dubya doesn't have to memorize a new first name.

Thought I saw, on the UK Bloomberg satellite, someone from Goldman was being nominated for Treasury Secretary.

Speculator,

Good catch! I just went to Bloomberg (U.S.) and found this article.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?ptitl...fF1pBVSRXgtR29s

Appearantly, Stephen Friedman a former Chairman at Goldman is going to replace Lindsey. My fear is abated!

Have i become chopped liver?

No not at all!

I just went back to another window to read up on this guy Friedman. It looks like you may be right TE. It looks like Dubya is saying, "Look, I can't get you Rubin, of course, but, I can get someone just like him. I think the markets may see Friedman's choice as a real positive on Monday.

A bear to beYeah, c'mon

Love my girl

She lookin' good

C'mon

One more

Five to one, baby

One in five

No one here gets out alive, now

You get yours, baby

I'll get mine

Gonna make it, baby

If we try