Topping Out?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smith Barney makes the first chess move with EBAY while simitaneously selling 100000 shares drives the price down over 2 bucks in 13.2 seconds. Welcome to the Superbowl Playoffs.

http://www.amtddj.inlumen.com/bin/djstory?...qaebqLqWmda2mZy

Given that someone had upgraded it at 90 pre-split with a $120 target, it seems that the mission was accomplished. Now that these analcysts have gotten religion, they downgrade when targets are reached rather than reiterating and raising targets? :unsure:

I will use my prerogative to edit and delete posts which are inappropriate for this forum. So far that's already two this morning.

First, stay on topic. Second, cryptic gibberish that means nothing to anyone except one other person will be deleted.

Make your posts relevant. Stay away from religion and politics on this thread. Don't post cryptic, meaningless gibberish. If you want to have a private conversation with someone, do it privately. That's what the messenger is for.

Give us info relevant to short term trading. Anything else, post on LOB, or other appropriate forum, then place a link to the post in this thread to refer people to it.

News blurbs are good. Post a link to the article. We also like brief humorous diversions. Keep it short! Keep us informed! Keep us entertained! And keep it moving. If it's longer than two short paragraphs, put it on LOB, or other appropriate forum. I'll allow a little more leeway before the open.

In A Box

Which Way Out?

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should read the Golden Stool! A daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get your daily release of the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

FYI,

I've mentioned many times the fib cluster resistance zone at the 1065 level on the SP

I'm expanding this resistance zone to a 1058 - 1090 range.

If 1058 holds, the downside target is 562.

If 1090 holds, the target is 625.

The bullish perspective would probably be that off of the 1974 lows, a fib grid ran with 768 as the 62% retrace level targets SP 1900 area. 986 is fibonacci pivot support for that scenario and 1204 is fib pivot resistance

Motorola to Report After Debt Downgrade

"Moody's cut Motorola's unsecured debt to one notch above junk, saying the No. 2 mobile phone maker faced tough challenges to boost sales and earnings amid intense competition. The company's subordinated debt was cut to junk by the rating agency."

"Motorola's shares were rose almost 3 percent, or 41 cents to $14.20 in pre-market trading on Instinet from Friday's closing price of $13.79 on the New York Stock Exchange." :huh:

this relative valuation thing is all the rage - from barfing.com:

Soundview upgrades ALTR to Outperform from Neutral based on their belief that a fundamental shift is taking place in favor of the co; firm's industry sources are bullish about ALTR's rev potential in 2004-05 resulting from current design win activity, and firm notes that ALTR trades at a 2% discount to XLNX vs a historical 6% premium.

stocks are cheap as long as you can find another one that's even more overpriced! <_<

Archived