Oyster report

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does each virus have its own specific algorithm for encryption?

In a word - no. As explained in my paper, most viruses do not use any encryption whatsoever. Most of the viruses for which we, the anti-virus people, say that they are "encrypted" are actually encoded - because both the key and the decryption algorithm are readily available in the body of the virus. And the vast majority of viruses don't even use encoding.

Of those that do use encoding or encryption, some use their own algorithms - but also many share common algorithms.

Basically, if you're interested in this stuff - read my paper. It covers the issue pretty thoroughly. (My papers usually do. ;))

Regards,

Vesselin

That's it, folks. He didn't comment on the indices, so I would like to add some thoughts of my own about them. Basically, I expect a minor correction (e.g., to SPX 1120) to relieve the short-term overbought condition, followed by a strong rally. I expect the January high to be at least tested - and possibly surpassed. :(

Sorry about the bad news but just too many things point to such a scenario:

• The Fed is pumping like mad. Recently the M3 money supply has increased by an astonishing rate - I haven't seen them increase it by so much even at major crisises!

Regards,

Vesselin

Thanks Vess and Oyster.

I give the 'minor correction then new highs' scenario 50% and the 'breakdown' scenario 50%. These numbers are not exact, of course. :)

It looks like an Elliott Waive triangle has been forming in the NDX. This triangle could be many things, like wave 4 of an impulse or the final wave of a complex correction.

The volumes are low, and that is usually a bad thing for the bulls.

BTW: The FED is not pumping like mad. If you subscribe to the anals, read the feed.

Does each virus have its own specific algorithm for encryption?

In a word - no. As explained in my paper, most viruses do not use any encryption whatsoever. Most of the viruses for which we, the anti-virus people, say that they are "encrypted" are actually encoded - because both the key and the decryption algorithm are readily available in the body of the virus. And the vast majority of viruses don't even use encoding.

Of those that do use encoding or encryption, some use their own algorithms - but also many share common algorithms.

Basically, if you're interested in this stuff - read my paper. It covers the issue pretty thoroughly. (My papers usually do. ;))

Regards,

Vesselin

Thank you Vess

Hi Vess and Oyster!

It's great to hear from both of you.

A word about very large charts. If your chart is wider than 500 pixels, there are two ways to handle it. Rather than embedding the chart in the post by hotlinking, you can either upload it as an attachment, or simply include a link to the graphic url.

If you attach it as an upload, it loads in the post as a thumbnail, which when clicked on, opens the chart full size in a separate window. Likewise if you just include the url to an existing chart on another site.

That will keep me out of trouble vis a vis our contract with our advertising agency which requires that all skyscraper ads be visible in the screen without scrolling.

Many tanks!

And please, do drop em' in more often. I and all Stoolies love you, and miss you! :lol:

Thanks Vesselin and Oyster.

Hiding Bear posted M3 showing a turn down; Doc has shown in his work that there is less Fed pumping than is popularly believed.

Supporting HB Rate of change in M3 shows some pumping (w/recent trending down) but not an unprecedented amt. Doc notes that the Fed is not behind this in any case

http://www.economagic.com/em-cgi/charter.e...3sl+1990+0000+1

However M3 velocity, while at a local maxima, is relatively and extremely low-

http://www.economagic.com/em-cgi/charter.e.../vel-gdp-per-m3

(Velocity a big issue in 1930s depression BTW....)

I know little about this but can it be that relatively low velocity indicates impending deflationary forces - in spite of recent increase in M3? this would seem to fit w/Oysters call for lower gold prices

TIA

While TG is a trustworthy source, I just want to remind everyone that downloading a doc file from any source is extremely risky!

TG, if the data in your doc is in a gif file, it would be better to separate the gif from the doc and upload it instead, if that is possible.

Many tanks!

Archived