IDS World Markets Thurs 18th May 06

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

t?s=^AORD

A surge of selling on the market today initially plummeting All Ords over 2%. We're in the midst of a weak bounce atm but stocks appear firmly capped by sellers. The index is currently -1.7% and Materials is leading the way down, -3.4% followed by Energy, -1.8%. Amazingly enough there is one green sector, Telecom, +0.4%.

BHP and RIO both hit hard, down almost 4% and the golds way down ranging from Lihir -7.6% to Newmont -2.8%.

Oils not too badly off at this stage, down around 1.5% and not seeing the same degree of selling as the miners.

More selling off in Asia: Sth Korea -2.9%, Singers and China -2.3% and Nikkers -2%.

w?s=^AORD

An exceedingly bearish day complete with a selloff into close which doesn't show on the 5-day chart. All Ords closed 5076, -1.9%. Materials retained the lead on the downside, -3.7% and Energy was next, -2.3%. Telecom remained the sole green sector, +0.8%.

In the miners, BHP closed below recent support which doesn't bode well but RIO closed a smidge above support. Golds continued to spiral down and now Lihir is in a support zone. Likewise Newcrest has thudded into a support area so maybe we get a bounce in the short term but I wouldn't rule out another leg down.

Visitors about to descend so I'll have to finish this off later, sorry :rolleyes:

Less than nine hours to go. Get your bids in now!

Want to know what and when to buy, what and when to short, what the Fed's doing to affect the market? Now's your chance to get all that and more in the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition at a great price.

Bid on a one-time introductory trial subscription to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition at eBay and get a great deal! There's an auction ending today. Now's your chance to get a really great price on an introductory 3-month trial subscription to this indispensible source of information and data you can't get anywhere else! Bid now on today's auction!

Whatamibid? Whatamibid? How about you sir?

Bid here, RIGHT NOW!

Looks like Europe optimistic...

t?s=^FTSE

t?s=^GDAXI

t?s=^FCHI

http://quote.yahoo.com/m2?u

Looks like optmism is fading. US Futures were up earlier and are now up less. I thought that Doc was going to trim to two or three.

Yep, definitely looking limp...

---------

India finished -6.8%... :ph34r:

w?s=^BSESN

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=%5EBSESN&t...l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Wow, the long awaited IT pullback in materials and energy....

Naz bounce on schedule....why many people are watching this for a crash with commodities in the nosebleed level Ill never know....

The best of breed nat gas stocks arent the most attractive here imo...PQ and PLLL way overbought on an IT basis but Dover Sole on a ST basis....too much focus on nat gas instead of the nat gas stocks..imo..Im hoping they come back down to earth....no reason to pay attention to the bellweathers in this arena....the momos are alot better indicators...

What happened to Saudi Arabia?

Why is wyndy the only one I have heard mention this?

What was the catalyst?

All eyes on the S&P and QQQ.....

What are your favorite foreign etfs?

t?s=^FTSE

t?s=^GDAXI

t?s=^FCHI

Looks like optmism is fading. US Futures were up earlier and are now up less. I thought that Doc was going to trim to two or three.

They all looked so juicy, I decided to go all in. Willing to risk sitting through a bounce, which may or may not be substantial, and may or may not occur from here. It's a hero or goat kind of play, but I liked the odds.

We'll see. :huh:

t?s=^FTSE

t?s=^GDAXI

t?s=^FCHI

They all looked so juicy, I decided to go all in. Willing to risk sitting through a bounce, which may or may not be substantial, and may or may not occur from here. It's a hero or goat kind of play, but I liked the odds.

We'll see. :huh:

All in short?

Archived