Program Robot Hysteria

I was holding some hmy for most of a year till i was called out a couple of months ago. as i watched rgld make its climb, i thought, wow, i wish i had some of that.

well it got unjustly trashed on monday and looks like the article was leaking at the end of last week.

i took a look at the tuesday and tuesday move up and saw it continue today and i dumped the bgo and drooy i was holding and took thte money into rgld.

it will come back up to its previous level without gold changing and i figured the money would work better there than in the other miners.

i got in this morning before the big jump at 14.68

still plenty of room on this train for anyone wanting a seat.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jerry McGuire: yes, I know what you're saying but we in here are bearish in the longer term because we do our homework....especially the economics stuff...

I was a bull in the bullmarket and now I'm a bear in a bearmarket, how is that biased?

Regarding GTN, he serves it up, we sling it back. We all have a good time, where's the problem?

Oldhabits, hope yours aren't NASTY habits! (Doc calls the NASDAQ the NASTY. HRFF calls it the nASSty )

Look. You're an old? military type.

Don't expect to hear anything else butt Ms Rosy Scenario from the Pentagon crowd or the vets.

The BARE sincerely hopes you are correct.

And he hASS NO idea of the fearful tricks up the Pentagon's sleeve, such ass the alleged SCALAR technology, say.

Maybe we'll roll right over Iraq.

That will only swell the head of the mental midget in the Oral Orifice.

KOREA is the REAL worry.

Butt, back to Iraq.

This Administration, this country, has been FUR too arrogant, FUR too long, and made FUR too many enemies, unecessarily, in the post WWII/Cold War era. That mentality permeates Washington. HRFF lived there FUR a few years - he's seen it FURsthand - and any powerful government, especially one as powerful relative the rising weakness of UDDERS as ours, is quite vulnerable to hubris. All it takes is a leader with a susceptible ear to the arguments of those surrounding him who are steeped, deeply in such conceits. Events will tell if those conceits are justified.

Don't know how many wars you've served in, there, OldHabits, butt if you've seen one that's gone according to initial plans and been bereft of tragic and horrible surprises would you let HRFF know?

Then, in that happy event, he'll ring up the history department at Princeton, where he majored, to clue 'em in!!!

Many people, many INNOCENT people are about to die or be horribly wounded physically and mentally. One of the most ancient and beautiful cities on earth is about to be turned into a rubble heap with our fearful bombing campaign. That's the way Stalingrad opened, BTW... There is every reason to believe that the enemy is still in possession of WMD's and that it will unleash those on Israel, then on us, and hence, upon humanity. We are on the brink of a spectacular environmental calamity as the enemy uses a policy of literal "scorched earth" to deny us our much-sought-after objective of oil fields FUR as long as possible.

Don't know how long you've been hanging around here, OldHabits, butt The BARE will letcha in on a little "secret" he's talked about before. He went to the Russian Far East in late Sept of 2001. In early October he returned and flew down to Seattle from Anchorage on a typically crowded AK Air flight. He got up to go use the facility and had to wait in line. As he stood in the aisle he glanced down at the well dressed gentlemen sitting in the aisle seat next to him intently reading a document. What was that document about? It was a manual directed at VERY high level functionaries in either govt or the medical sector on how to cope with a biological WMD threat.

These people were being prepped FUR that scenario as long as 1.5 years ago. That was early Oct of 2001. The day after HRFF returned the anthrax scares commenced.

We're almost done with PHASE I - preparing the public for military engagement. PHASE II is biological WMD's arising from PHASE I.

And you think this war is going to go smoothly???

Even if it does, it will embolden The Shrub to take on N KOREA.

We're headed down a slope and we've no idea how slippery it can become.

Again, The BARE HOPES you're right. He just doubts it, FUR a variety of reasons. Not the least of which is Robert Burns immortal stanza!

Just caught the rerun of News With Brian Williams. They had Art Cashin on there. He looks like he had a few martinis and put his cigar out on his forehead. :D

Actually, Mr Cashin had an extended discussion w The BARE and got too close. (look at BARE's avatar!!!) BARE thrust his jaw in Art's face whilst lecturing from his soap box.

Quite right, Brian4, to HellinaHandbASSket it hASS gone!

And itz NAVEL, snot "NAVAL"!!!

We'll get a lot of NAVAL stuff in a week or two.

The conversation, actually, was rather interesting. Brian Williams was raising openly the underlying premise of this GRAND DESIGN, namely, that a 40+ year era is coming to an end, and going FURward things will be much different.

Public opinion is being conditioned FUR the ordeals that lie ahead. In a year it has been brought, gradually, to the present point of full expectation and approval of the waging of aggressive war. War and biological WMD's will provide cover FUR facing the consequences of decades of grotesque excesses, inflicted very much by those now slipping into retirement or oblivion - and, with considerable help by Boomers in the past few years when the ramping went exponential in scale.

Don't get me wrong - I'm with you that we are in a secular bear market for the longer term, and I'm only talking about the s/t stuff here. :)

And I agree with the notion that even if there is a war rally, it'll be a short one in a bear market. After the war situation is resolved, we'll have to worry about terrorist retaliation next...

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/06/politics/06THRE.html

Say, there, JR.....

Did u star on DallASS ????? LOLOL

The BARE just read the article re GB, quickly.

An interesting notion butt probably off the mark. He's JPD. "Just plain dumb". Sociopathic in a self-absorbed way, an "entitlement" related way? Possibly. Afflicts countless Boomer's it does. :o Is he ass Machiavellian in his statements ass the article clearly implies? Doubtful.

Historians (if humanity survives this coming war's consequences sans global pandemic, that iz) will puzzle over the psyche of this Texan President just ass they are anUDDER.

Don't think anyone has a handle on what makes Bush "tick".

Anyone with ideas as rigid as his in a world as complex as ours is, in HRFF's estimation, JPD. or, to be more vulgar JPFD

:lol:

HRFF thought he remarked, when The Shrub ASScended ? to the highest office in the land and the most powerful on earth, that the world was going to be given an abject lesson in the "personality" theory of history. He didn't think it would assume such a problematic nature...

Oh, HRFF thinks WJC an even bigger stooge in some ways than The Shrub.

WJC was a good errand boy FUR the international corporations/NAFTA/free trade crowd.

The Clintons are truly Machiavellian - dangerous to the point of being lethal if people stand in their way.

The Shrub isn't that way at all. He's just a rigid ideologue with a blinkered outlook. That's alright unless you happen to be the most powerful national leader on earth. Then stunning things can happen. Decades of expectation/understanding can be turned asunder in the blink of an eye as they are now with two of our most important post-war allies.

From today's SafeMoneyReport:

Is The Fed Starting To Worry?

The Federal Reserve is slowly but surely owning up to the fact that the economy just isn't making the recovery that it had expected. Today, the Fed revealed that its Beige Book survey shows weak economic activity across the U.S.

Clearly, the Fed is growing even more cautious as the economy fails to climb out of what it termed a "soft spot." According to the Beige Book, consumer spending, business spending, manufacturing, and commercial real estate are not showing signs of improvement. In fact, the only component still showing signs of growth is the residential real estate sector -- and even Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan doesn't think this bubble will last! Yesterday, he remarked that he believes the impact housing has had on the economy over the past year is subsiding.

This latest report confirms what we've been telling you for months. The economy is still heading toward disaster. And even the Fed knows it!

Guest BEARDRECH
Aussie - I am not loyal to any particular person, but I am not married to the bearish bias either. However inexperienced I am in trading I do understand it's dangerous to have a biased mindset, bullish or bearish. You'll tend to interpret data with your bias and derive flawed conclusions. That's the last thing I want to do.

But hey what do I know, I am just an intern and still learning here -- I hope the majority is right and we'll have a waterfall type of decline, but I've seen plenty of times when bears get frustrated as much as bulls.

jerry

with all doo respect why not examine the methodologies of those bears who arent as exasperated as some others--instead of doting on those of us with sweat on our pillows look on those who come up smelling like roses time after time and seem to defy all the pessinistic odds--maybe they are on to something that might improve your outlook and trading like the pos and laddering of pile and bryan--

They repeat their mantra over and over and couragously expose their position for everyones perusal warts and all--and presto kaching kaching instead of OOOF!

noone is arguing with you about your generalities about market behaviour -- your warnings about ideological commitment are well taken--BUT Judgement and its consequences are about the PARTICULAR,the here and now,and the ensuing verifying sequelae--the horse coming out of the box like lightning vs the arthritic stumblebum with a psychotic jockey -

OR do like me a member of the timid and spineless mob of lackluster bears simply go gold. Set it and and forget it

And Rip van winkle it for a few years and wake up to a profitable scene effortlessly attained--for if anyone doubts the advent of gold at this stage of the game then by the law of logical complemantarity he'she is a believer in the opposite gold disappearing asa valuable entity at which point the supervening of the purely miraculous--

Ilove gold so much that im having my urine homgenized and filytered at the local bottling plant and then recycled in old Galliano bottles :grin: beardrech :) :P :P

As an ancient veteran of this AUGUST website (what? it's MARCH, snot AUGUST? OHNEVERMIND!) The BARE will attempt to RESTRAIN THIS WAYWARD FLOCK FURom digressing further on the subject of Lint.

(The BARE is giving up TA FUR Lint - on ASSh Wednesday.)

To that well,......er......umm......END (_)_) HRFF submits the following ass a diversionary plllllueeeeeeuooooyyy asss INSPECTOR CLEUSEAU would say, to redirect all you CONCEPTUAL MISCREANTS to something more thematically appropriate FUR these here precincts:

http://www.heptune.com/farts.html

oh. beFUR he FURgets ?:

EDWARD GIBBON hass a richly ironic passage in The Decline and Fall on the problems that often arise when an empire is turned over to a son... The BARE will try to post it here ass this almost certain spectacular tragedy continues to unfold.

Archived