B4 The Bell Moonday September 20

Hiding Bear

Brian is going to have a bit of a rant-this morning Doc indicated a member of our family had received hate e-mail from some who went beyond legitimate debate and attacked him personally.  I did not know who that was until 2 minutes ago when i was Pm'ed.  The Stoolie in question is Sleddy one of the stalwarts of our thread.  Al is a good honest Guy and y'know Al and I are far apart in our political leanings yet are and have been fast friends for a long time.  You see that is the "KEY" to a relationship disagreeing yet getting along good people can debate, disagree and carry on.  Small minds can't-there is a saying in the Military-"you get along or you go along".  Whoever the losers were that sent the personal attacks don't let me know who you are just fade away on your own cause if I find out you will be gone.  For Sleddys friends pls do what I;ve done which is apologize and lets get him back-Brian

I am distressed to hear this. This is already a wide open forum with only a few simple rules, such as not attacking each other, that do not seem very hard to follow. Why any one would make personal attacks on a valued contributor like Sleddog is beyond me. Sleddog has shown a lot of patience with opinions that may be different from his.

I hope that Sleddog understands that this is an isolated incident (as far as I know) and that his comments are still welcome any time.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hope Sleddog returns asap,I enjoy reading his job layoff reports and his jokes amongst other posts.

I have posted in the past about how this site throws up such strange bedfellows...if someone from the outside was looking in,they would say that this motley bunch of bears wouldn't last a week,yet here we are 4 years or so down the track and still going strongly,and considering all the shit we have had to put up with,thats no mean feat.

Lets try and hold it together bears,keep the hatred outta here,it is tough enough as it is.

Everyone is entitled to their views.

Good robust debate is great.

Ugly blind hatred is not what this site is about.

I would hope Sleddog returns asap,I enjoy reading his job layoff reports and his jokes amongst other posts.

I have posted in the past about how this site throws up such strange bedfellows...if someone from the outside was looking in,they would say that this motley bunch of bears wouldn't last a week,yet here we are 4 years or so down the track and still going strongly,and considering all the shit we have had to put up with,thats no mean feat.

Lets try and hold it together bears,keep the hatred outta here,it is tough enough as it is.

Everyone is entitled to their views.

Good robust debate is great.

Ugly blind hatred is not what this site is about.

Amen Bris. Lets keep it together bears - be respectful of others. We can agree to disagree without being nasty.

Sleddy your input to this site is greatly appreciated! Please don't leave!

Brian, it snowed last night, here in SLC. I'm pissed I didn't bring the camera along tonight. Absolutely beautiful when the clouds cleared out this evening. It's the earliest I've seen it snow here.

Sleddog is a tough character, give him a few days, he'll be back. He's too good at what he does here to let that get to him.

Sorry to hear of this kind of childish crap. Sled has a lot of valued econimic & trading information to contribute, & I enjoyed his jokes, even tho his political views & mine exist in alternate universes. Different premises/ assumptions, differing conclusions. But I believe he arrived at his conclusions honestly & logically, & I have to respect his process. A personal attack only diminishes us all who are here to share our minds & values. Sad. Hope Sled can find a way to get past this kind of stupidity?

Here's what really bugs me!

Sleddy is my neighbor, next State over, Ohio an MI are "hot states" in this election,

so tensions are running high.

But....

Sleddy is a Viet Nam Veteran and 'till the day I die, I don't give a crap who he

votes for because he went and fought for our country and women like me didn't

have to go. Those folks simply must be HONORED no matter what.

I did not think our men and wome should have been sent to Viet Nam, but,

I recall only too well the less than happy response so many of them received

when they came home from war. That was not shame on the soldiers, it was

SHAME on those that ducked going and who lacked appreciation of those who

followed their orders. I guess some of those foolish people are still hanging around.

I sent an email to sleddy, I hope and pray he returns.

One of the reasons why B-4 the Bell came about is that a lot of us were subject to the attacks Sleddy has just gone thru-Rich take a long walk off a short pier you don't belong here or are welcome!

What a load of crap! Hipocracy!!!

Rich had balls for critisizing your down every day shtick that hasn't changed one little bit. His only drawback was timing.....right at 1163 $SPX. Of course the 100 point rally leading up to 1163 is where you were wrong every day leading up to 1163 and never made a dime! Sound familiar? Just like 1060-1130 now. Wrong ALL THE WAY UP and again you haven't made a dime since 1062.

...net result? Stoolville loses one of the best homegrown chartists we ever had in our very own Richmtn. One of our original stoolies who was not afriad of a little hard work to learn. I miss his charts a lot. He made the effort to learn Hurst cycles and depict them in all their glorious technicolor when most everyone else in this thread would rather dig up lunatic conspiracy theories crap instead of making an effort to hone their TA skills. Disgusting!

We are all the poorer for not having Richmtn here anymore. I don't consider Rich's critique of your dogma as the reason for our loss, but instead I blame your ineptitude and complete denial of cycle up-phases as the reason we lost Richmtn.

So counterattack away all you want because I don't give a crap anymore....

Archived