B4 The Bell Frieday September 24

Hiding Bear

Silver slam time

Dec.'04 SILVER, COMEX

6.405 -0.065

Dec.'04 US DOLLAR INDEX

88.35 -0.27

Negative candles in some miners I trade yesterday. Need Gold to hold 405 and Silver 6.25. Great uranium plays. Congrats.

Crossroads again.. US Peso looking real bad. Copper miners breaking out but Precious Metals not that strong.. wtf?

Denison up(again) 5.5% this morning.

Strathmore(STM.v) is still my favorite. Look at that base on the weekly chart. 3$ is 23.6 retracement.

Orvack you're not tempted to dump this here? I'm getting vertigo just watching this.

I'm thinking hard..

- Around 10$ is 75 Retracement.

- Daily and Weekly Cycles topping

BUT

- Uranium Prices about to cross 20 and Dines talks about 100 possible.

- Crude over 50 would get some attention

I have no clue. I like this weekly chart. Maybe sell here and wait to see if 9 hold or 10.5 gives..

Usually, you get 3 phases in a mania. Maybe the 2nd one is over. Don't know.

post-20-1096040227.jpg

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
State unemployment benefits ran out last year for 43.4 percent of the nation's jobless benefits recipients before they found jobs, according to a report published Thursday.

If that trend has continued and weekly we have 350,000 per week on average applying for bennies that means (using a conservative 30%) that 105,000 people per week fall off the radar screen which becomes 420,000 per month out of work, out of bennies and out of sight. Kinda makes those phonied up monthly employment gains of late look a little pale doesn't it.

Voyage to the bottom of the heap

that figure CANNOT be accurate. you project that out and you've got real trouble on your hands.

The Fed withdrew $2B from the repo pool, including $0.15B in 'agencies' picked up yesterday. The Fed's concern today about a Fannie Mae blowup is strangely about 2 on a scale from 1 to 10.

Perhaps they are going to sweep this under the rug until October - or maybe somehow until after the elections. Like yobob1 implied, the manipulation of economic statistics right now is worse than ever - maybe the administartion is following the new Fed theory expoused recently that words matter more than actions. However I suspect it is primarily for the purpose of getting GWB accepted for a second term.

In any case, I would not want to be long when FNM melts down.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A leading index of the U.S. economy dipped in the latest week, and a continued lack of growth in the data shows no end in sight to the current slowdown, a report showed on Friday.

The weekly leading index of independent forecasting group The Economic Cycle Research Institute slipped to 131.4 in the week to Sept. 17 from a downwardly revised 131.6 the prior week, ECRI said in a press release.

ECRI said higher jobless claims and slightly slower growth in industrial commodity prices were offset in part by marginally higher mortgage applications.

The index's annualized growth rate, which smoothes out weekly fluctuations, was unchanged at -0.3 percent.

"The index and its growth rate have been essentially flat for a couple of months, after falling sharply starting in the spring," said Anirvan Banerji, ECRI's director of research.

"That suggests that the economic slowdown we are now seeing is real and there is no end in sight," Banerji told Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=6327874

Archived