IBM Emancipates 8000 Wage Slaves

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long Bong Yield Goes Up

Buck Is Higher

Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Yields are high, and Uncle Buck is too. Take a subscribatory and get the latest whiff of the of the Long Bong Hit and Uncle Buck in the Anals RIGHT NOW!

I will shit into the woods if they close this thing red. Foxy will you spring out of the window if we go triple red? :D :D :grin:

no, but anyway, dripple red today is as likely as Bucky "wingohockingmoyamensinging" Dent will hit 3 home runs this night. :lol:

TALES of SMegH:

Sorry for not posting in real time but I was focused today. The SMegH gapped up then quickly closed the gap but was rejected higher in the first period on good volume. Range extension to the downside was firmly rejected back to the middle. Ignoring the gap and strong rejections I chose to short the retracement of the range extension selling 37.77 just above the mid-point at the time. After a quick low volume probe to 37.60 in the third period the market trended higher on declining momentum. Against all sense except what the opening periods told me I didn't cover above the 2nd period or HOD and watched the position move against me. I doubled my short at 38.12 which again was very foolish as their was no evidence of a CIT. It was boner time but no mo-mo. We eventually peaked at 38.36 in the sixth period and a good sell-off, as predicted by the 1st 2 periods, ensued. At 3:00 and a quick move to the 37.50s, I moved to cover fearing the 3 pm stick save which puts a floor under these markets. (We are the stick save.) It was then that I found out my broker page was down. Assuming it was my computer I closed everything then restarted. When I got back in the SMegH had fallen to 37.30 which will be the LOD presumably as the stick save started from there. We are at 37.70 now with about 15 mins to go so nice save. Bad news was broker site, still no go.

It's very frustrating watching the market go against you while you listen to your broker's musak while you're on hold. Finally got my order in (buy to cover the lot at market) with a likely fill around 37.45 (hopefully). I say hopefully because they were getting a lot of calls as you might imagine and couldn't give me my fill. I'll annoy them for it after the close.

ThorAss SMegH Trader

5 day cycle indicators haven't finished rolling over, and longer term uptrends in mo are still intact. However, the market came close enough to 5 day cmaps to say the high is in for that cycle. I still think we have 9-12 days of backing and filling before the collapse.

Looking for a weak rally attempt in the AM, then s'more downside.

Tanks for being here. See you in the Anals!

In a post earlier today, ScottCardiff provided the following cogent explanation of the difference in volatility of AMZN collapsing in Y2000, and during its rise the last year or so:

"The volatility on the left is due to hedge funds and mutual funds falling over themselves trying to buy the bottom.

The right is the perfect example of a stock climbing a wall of worry. "

While I have often seen this phenomenon, I thought the volatility was only due to the sellers, but the theory of greedy buyers in the mix during a selloff is new to me.

Broad index tops are usually kind of rounded, with low volatility, but individual screemers, like the internets again today, show volaitle blow offs.

They might be ringin' the bell at the top today......rounded tops on the broads, blow-offs on the large-breasted wonders.

Archived