IDS World Markets Fri 10th August 07

I've been saying that if the Fed cuts, the market would take that as a sign that the shit is hitting the fan and would sell off 1000 points immediately. Sort of the same thing with the $130 billion injection by the EUCB yesterday. That's exactly how the market read it. And it's true. This is a real liquidity crisis folks. The credit markets have simply shut down as investors wake up to the realization that they can't get their money back.

I have been saying for years that the US real estate bubble would lead to a world wide financial collapse. In my writings over the past year or so, I have even targeting the second half of 2007 as the beginning of the unraveling.

We are about to find out if those forecasts were correct. In the meantime, had you been a subscriber to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition for the past few years, you wouldn't be the least bit surprised by what we are now witnessing. So if you haven't done so, make the small investment in protecting your capital that will prepare you equally well for the future. Be ready for the next wave of shorts. Be ready for the time when it's time to cover your shorts and go long again. Subscribe to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition RIGHT NOW and keep up with all the unfolding gory details as they happen.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is Paulson always looking up and off to his right in his interviews? Does anyone have on of those eye-movement psychological analysis charts?

EDIT:

here's a chart

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies_eyes.php

Looks like he's telling the truth! "Up and to the Right Indicates: Visually Remembered Images"

RE-EDIT:

I was reading the chart wrong. He is looking up and to HIS right, so according to the chart that is

"Up and to the Left Indicates: Visually Constructed Images (Vc)" -- ie, he's making things up.

my gut instinct is to go long.

598269[/snapback]

I shake my head in wonderment. The reason for all this emergency pumping is that we are in the beginning stages of the meltdown of the credit bubble, a credit crunch, and a liquidity crisis. This central bank cash is desperately needed by the banks to enable them to carry all the paper that they are suddenly not able to liquidate in the market. This is NOT boolish. It's a crash. The Fed also tried to pump things up in the 1929 crash to no avail. Go read Kindlebarger's Manias, Panics, and Crashes. Dense, boring, obtuse, but it's all there in all the gory detail.

And ream member. There's no such things a support in a bear market.

598332[/snapback]

Amen brother! Anybody wondering what a crash feels like should be taking notes. We are in a death spiral.

post-4028-1186751590_thumb.jpg

I have been saying for years that the US real estate bubble would lead to a world wide financial collapse. In my writings over the past year or so, I have even targeting the second half of 2007 as the beginning of the unraveling.

Doc did just that. I learned a lot about importance of mortgage markets from Doc.

I don't think I read this in the M2M or on today's page, but the ECB pumped another $83.6b (US dollars) last night. Combined with the $130.2b they did yesterday, and they've now added $213.8b. This makes the US $100m post 9/11 pump look like just another bad day at the office.

Why is Paulson always looking up and off to his right in his interviews? Does anyone have on of those eye-movement psychological analysis charts?

EDIT:

here's a chart

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies_eyes.php

Looks like he's telling the truth! "Up and to the Right Indicates: Visually Remembered Images"

RE-EDIT:

I was reading the chart wrong. He is looking up and to HIS right, so according to the chart that is

"Up and to the Left Indicates: Visually Constructed Images (Vc)" -- ie, he's making things up.

598336[/snapback]

Aha! But is Paulson left-handed? From the final notes in the above link:

*** A typical left-handed person would have the opposite meanings for their eye-directions.

Unreal...

I got stopped out close to the lows.

Left 13 ES points on the table!!! HOLLY SH!T.

Let me run back to my cave now.

598341[/snapback]

Thats trading madness. I caught some of the bounce but took profits too quickly, more of a scalp than anything.

But getting ready to go heavily short here.

Unreal...

I got stopped out close to the lows.

Left 13 ES points on the table!!! HOLLY SH!T.

Let me run back to my cave now.

598341[/snapback]

Hi Madness,

did your broker increase margin requirements for the e-mini like IB did on Monday?

Archived