B4 The Bell, PreThursday, April 28

It will be said that gold went down because the $USD went up, but gold was down before the $USD went up.

Arnold speculating that ECB tipped insiders that it is getting ready to cut rates and join the interest rates to zero party. That would drive the dollar up at least temporarily.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is gold lower?

Because on a day when no news could be expected to rescue the selloff in both stocks and bonds, the Matrix needed to eliminate the prospect of a shift into a new investment class.

Plunger

I love the way you think

Its all about maintenance of the spinning plates

They are vile, despicable, evil people. Is there a lower form of life, I

don't think so.

I think all Gold and Silver are reflecting is DEFLATION-all those folks who have lost their jobs at good wages and with bennies, are now working for much less with no bennies, they pay little or no income tax to the state or the feds which means the deficit will grow and grow and of course they will consume less and less. An example we have at the mo a Province wide Hospital Employee strike-these are orderlies, practical nurses, kitchen workers, laundry workers, security guards etc not well paid to begin with $14-$15 an hour with bennies.  Our cash starved Government is asking for a 40% reduction in wages and zero benefits or we just can you all and contract the work out.  Can you see the future in the race to the bottom??  I can.

Gold and silver have done well in a deflationary environment in the past.

Really B$$4 what has changed to support such a massacre in the metals?

The US triple deficits have gone parabolic. The suspect, very limited strength in the US dollar does not suggest the globe is enamored with the buck. The Japanese are not showing up to lap up US debt as they have so kindly done in the past. I still believe the metals will have their day, hopefully while I'm still around to enjoy it!

Crapvision now saying metals weakness can be blamed on China trying to reel in

overheating economy

Move along folks BUY GSEs

The commodity markets are fractionally reserved...paper speculators rule...

Until physical demand outstrips the paper then the cartel or whoever can maintain control...

The current action looks like a massive sell off to raise cash to pay margin calls on the stockmarkets...

We are not in a debt deflationary implosion yet...I suspect that when that happens debt will flood out and be converted into gold and silver...

It's possible that it will all be thrown in the streets...

Yo Bobby and LLD- no real disagreement-The markets are going down and will stay down to reflect in my view deflation-the price of Gold will look real good in relation to the markets. The blowoff in price on the metals will come when the Sheep all pile in.

LLD, I think I'm more bearish than you rght now..my bullish head up the backside meter hit 10 last friday..still holding 1 TASR 100 poot...

Bought Jan 05 IWM 119 puts yesterday...biggest position of the year for me..

Bought some June NEM calls just now...odd how goldman sucks upgraded the metals a day ago...once the stink from that firm gets airborn it can travel from NY to CAL in 30 seconds....could be a losing battle though...

No longs for me outside of metals...I still will only commit 30 % of my account to this cesspool...

For the record...isn't Abbey something ? First Harpo than a metals upgrade...I'm beginning to wonder if all employees have horns and tails...

Ag

Archived