B4 The Bell Tuezelday August 24

Guest yobob1

You might want to try Castleberry's beef stew as an alternative to Dinty Moores, if you can find it locally. I think it tastes a whole lot better and it is usually priced under the Dinty. Myself I keep a rotating stock of foods I normally eat. I don't really want to eat stew 24/7 for a year. Most of the freeze dried stuff is ok, but I find it pricey and frequently too salty for my tastes. Water - I keep about a weeks worth of bare bones survival consumption around at all times. Fortunately where I live, there's free flowing potable water not too far off.

As an alternative to Eagles consider some junk coins. They have a duality in that they are already legal tender in a pinch and they're 90% silver. All survival funds must be in hand. Safety deposit boxes are a no-no. And yes firearms should be considered. Even a .22 pistol is better than nothing and the ammo is damned cheap. (500 rounds for about $9)

Regarding uncle buck. Competitive devaluation. Very tricky concept in an all fiat environment but I think they'll make it work. What will appear as status quo to the majority of the world will only be revealed for what it is with sufficient time passage. Gold will be the ultimate spoiler - but not for a while.

On to the matrix games.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LLD- with bottled water in plastic bottles-within 6 months you are drinking the cryolate in the plastic-not a good idea, on another note CNN and Reuters report Al Sadr is holed up near the Iranian Border..watch him hop over that border..and become a living ongoing Martyr! ;)

Mars..

"Remember bottled water in plastic containers goes bad rapidly. Must be in glass in order to keep it fresh."

I have 1000 500ml on hand

please say it aint so. Can you give me an idea of the expiration of a bottle of the plastic stuff?

I'm about to raise a BS flag on that one but I can't remember to correct sources

Bottled water doesn't go 'bad'

Heck you can store tap water in trash bags for long periods of time provide you add some bleach

Oops - Meant to say "reused" plastic bottles. Due to bacterial buildup - but the bleaching trick would help keep them clean.

;)

LLD- with bottled water in plastic bottles-within 6 months you are drinking the cryolate in the plastic-not a good idea, on another note CNN and Reuters report Al Sadr is holed up near the Iranian Border..watch him hop over that border..and become a living ongoing Martyr! ;)

Debate

http://www.detnews.com/2004/business/0402/17/b04-66754.htm

Very important AM thread. Brilliant, Plunger.

I was early twenties with the US 1970s

change in the gold standard and preparing for

economic trouble even back then. (Solar greenhouse

from detached garage)

Was an avid reader of Mother

Earth News- for survival, the best possible resource

(how tos on how make soap, generate energy etc). Back issues are

worth finding.

I should think that rolling tobacco, cigarettes, aspirin, antibiotics, needles/syringes, other first aid acoutrements, matches, lighters/zippos, propane, gasoline, camphor would be items that have a long self life and can be traded for services/goods needed....

Also as bearman states 'the takers' will abound, probably more so in urban areas

SO get your stores set in rural areas

Also I think that the 365 day idea also serves to cull (for lack of a better word) the masses and to allow more resources for you and your family thereafter

However it would be foolish not to think that the vast amount of military and police forces present within america would themselves become the takers, heavily armed ones at that. I believe that this way of thinking becomes un-healthy and parallels the thought processes of those fabled montana militiaman

Last year I bought an all fuel stove and lantern along with extra fuel and some dry goods and other minor survival type stuff. My main concern is that the power companies would be targeted by terrorists and we would not have electricity. If we should have a total collapse of the economy, then I and we are in big trouble. Better keep stuff that can be used to barter.....

Although I think we are in for a severe recession or depression, I don't think that survival rations will be needed....very low probability....but then again, it doesn't cost much to prepare today...later those survival items could be very valuable.....LOL

Best wishes....

I am getting so tired of chasing 990n to and fro

Bonds getting the finger yet the bright lights continue to chase interest rate sensitive garbage.

On the verge of withdrawing from the market entirely until the election is over/canceled.

Hiding in the physical metals would be my first choice.

Going to watch how the BKX and HGX reacts to the housing numbers and bond today.

Swimming in this cesspool has taken its toll.

The hard part will be what to do when all my idiot relatives who wouldn't listen show up hungry on the doorstep.

Well, actually when it comes to my jackass sister in law and her Matrix pod of a husband, I think at least 1 week of being hungry and groveling is in order...

Sassafras tea, corn pone or johnny-cake for starters. Then when times get really,really tough.....hardtack.

Archived