B4 The Bell, Humpday, June 16

The party is over.  The two party system IS the problem.

The Bill of Rights affords all of us a THIRD OPTION...the opportunity to adopt a new form of government if this one fails us.  My vote in this system won't result in a solution to the problem.  The two party system of "divide and conquer" IS the problem.  I hate all politics.

The only thing I need to get the truth out is a modem and a keyboard.  Nobody speaks for me, better than me.

Respectfully disagree. The 2-party system appears to be the problem when

one does not consider the characters in the system. The characters in the 2-party system are the problem.

Liberal and Conservative are meerly convient labels because a socially liberal

person can be a ultra-conseravitive in fiscal matters. :D

Remove the money from the electoral process, and disallow public "servants" from assuming jobs as lobbyists immediately upon their resignation...and you will find that the character of those in public office improves dramatically.

Campaign Finance Reform would have been a good place to start.

Politicians are bought and paid for by special interests.

These people are interested in money and power.

Remove the money from the system, and the need for separate parties becomes less relevant. Polarization is not a democratic requirement.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The party is over.  The two party system IS the problem.

The Bill of Rights affords all of us a THIRD OPTION...the opportunity to adopt a new form of government if this one fails us.  My vote in this system won't result in a solution to the problem.  The two party system of "divide and conquer" IS the problem.  I hate all politics.

The only thing I need to get the truth out is a modem and a keyboard.  Nobody speaks for me, better than me.

Respectfully disagree. The 2-party system appears to be the problem when

one does not consider the characters in the system. The characters in the 2-party system are the problem.

Liberal and Conservative are meerly convient labels because a socially liberal

person can be a ultra-conseravitive in fiscal matters. :D

i believe complete anarchy is the only intelligent solution

i'm ready

WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THOSE NAVAL EXERCISES??? HERE WE GO!!!

Fighting Iran in a Regional Mideast War

Written by Herbert?London

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

????? If it wasn?t clear before, it is crystal clear now that the war in Iraq is a regional war.? At stake are the tyrannies that hold sway over the Middle East. ?At the epicenter of this tyrannical world is Iran, a nation feverishly panting for nuclear weapons and simultaneously funding and supporting terrorist organizations of every stripe.? Iran is terror central. ? The mullahs in this peculiar nation realize that a stable Iraq on its border that will make strides economically challenges willy-nilly the very existence of the present Iranian government.

?????? That, of course, explains why the Iranian leaders send arms and money to Muqtada al-Sadr and why the Iranian Revolutionary Guard has been sent across the border to attack American troops.? The mullahs are intent on reducing U.S. influence in the region as its own broadcasts proclaim.

?????? The pursuit of nuclear weapons is merely an extension of this general policy since WMD serve as a counterweight to American conventional weapons superiority.? With nuclear weapons in their possession, the mullahs assume ? probably rightly ? that punitive strikes by the U.S. would be restrained and U.S. forces would be hostage to nuclear terror.? In this scenario, Iran?s terror masterminds can go about their bombings and assassinations with impunity.

?????? Should Iran undermine the U.S. position in Iraq, it would serve as a checkmate in the regional chess game.? Nearby nations might seek pragmatic agreement with Iran in order to forestall terrorist groups, and U.S. prestige would be dealt a major blow.? Moreover, the war on terror would be far more difficult to control than it is at the moment.

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentD...ay.asp?aid=7925

Just a reminder- I will be on the road tomorrow through next Wednesday. The Anals will be updated when possible, although definitely not Thursday or Friday. I will post a notice here when updates are available.

Many tanks!

Iran summons Qatar's ambassador to protest naval attack on its boat

www.chinaview.cn 2004-06-16 05:58:44

????TEHRAN, June 15 (Xinhuanet) -- Iranian Foreign Ministry on Tuesday summoned Qatari Ambassador to Tehran to protest a naval attack on its boat, the official IRNA news agency reported.

????During an interview with the summoned Qatari Ambassador Saleh Ibrahim al-Kuwari, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Mohammad Ali Hadi voiced strong protest against the Qatari naval attack on an Iranian boat in the Persian Gulf last Friday morning, the report said.

????The attack left one Iranian killed and several others injured.

????Hadi further called on Qatari side to present a clear and full explanation and to compensate for the damage inflicted on the Iranian boat and its crew, said the report.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-06/...ent_1527714.htm

U.S. Says Iran Trying to Bully UN Nuclear Watchdog

Wed Jun 16, 2004 06:26 AM ET

VIENNA (Reuters) - Iran is trying to bully the board of the U.N. nuclear watchdog by threatening to resume the enrichment of uranium, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations in Vienna said on Wednesday.

"What we're seeing is a full court press of intimidation by the government of Iran and its delegation here," ambassador Kenneth Brill told reporters, using a basketball metaphor. The United States suspects Iran of developing nuclear weapons under cover of a civilian atomic energy program, which Iran denies.

"People who are trying to produce electricity for lightbulbs don't engage in this kind of behavior," he said.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=5435781

Irans Heavy Water Reactor, the first being built by Russia, will produce

weapons grade plutonium as a bi-product of uramium fission.

The problem arises in the seperation of spent uranium from the highly radioactive,

corrosive, long-lived and toxic plutonium.

Haniford Washington is where this was done.

Weapons grade plutonium must then be formed into a shpere for an implosion

type device to work. Other problems must also be overcome but I won't

go into them.

u gotta laugh...my roadmap is being whipsawed. Thats why I dont day trade...what a good thing its on paper, for fun only and I only trade off its 'general conclusions'

Hence folks y'll know where I stand...up n down for this week getting no where up to at least Friday morning with no lower low than Monday's low.

Is all of this sounding familiar as a reason to go to war?

Iran 'Getting Close' to Trial of Al Qaeda Suspects

Wed Jun 16, 2004 06:05 AM ET

The United States has long believed that Iran was harbouring al Qaeda militants who escaped Afghanistan after U.S. troops invaded in late 2001 after the September 11 attacks.

Iran denies providing safe haven to al Qaeda members and says the suspects are behind bars, but has refused to name them.

The most important figure that Western intelligence agencies say may be there is Saif al-Adel, an Egyptian. He is widely believed to have taken charge of al Qaeda operations after Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the suspected mastermind of the September 11 attacks, was captured in Pakistan.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=5435661

I was reading one of the Japanese papers last night, Nikki I think, where

one of their bankrupt BANKS was being audited.

So far 600-billion+Y had been totaled as deficit.  Another public bailout no doubt.

Hunter,

back during the RTC days, japanese banks had tons of bad loans. they were simply shifted off of the US books and onto local (Japanese) books. it will be interesting to see how many bad loans are being carried at "book value".

PB...They still do, but appear to be washing them.

I failed to find the article for posting. However, this excerpt is relevent.

http://www.asahi.com/english/business/TKY200406160129.html

Banking law to promote mergers

The Asahi Shimbun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Public funds could be used to promote the merger of shaky regional banks as early as this summer.

Under a law rushed through the Diet on Monday, the government will be allowed to inject taxpayers' money into ailing financial institutions that are legally solvent.

The Financial Services Agency is keen to take advantage of the new legislation before government guarantees for bank deposits are capped next April.

The Law on Special Measures for Strengthening Financial Function is targeted at regional financial institutions, many of which are carrying massive nonperforming loans.

U.S. Says Iran Trying to Bully UN Nuclear Watchdog

Wed Jun 16, 2004 06:26 AM ET

VIENNA (Reuters) - Iran is trying to bully the board of the U.N. nuclear watchdog by threatening to resume the enrichment of uranium, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations in Vienna said on Wednesday.

"What we're seeing is a full court press of intimidation by the government of Iran and its delegation here," ambassador Kenneth Brill told reporters, using a basketball metaphor. The United States suspects Iran of developing nuclear weapons under cover of a civilian atomic energy program, which Iran denies.

"People who are trying to produce electricity for lightbulbs don't engage in this kind of behavior," he said.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=5435781

Irans Heavy Water Reactor, the first being built by Russia, will produce

weapons grade plutonium as a bi-product of uramium fission.

The problem arises in the seperation of spent uranium from the highly radioactive,

corrosive, long-lived and toxic plutonium.

Haniford Washington is where this was done.

Weapons grade plutonium must then be formed into a shpere for an implosion

type device to work. Other problems must also be overcome but I won't

go into them.

Hunter,

Very interesting. Where can I read more about the process involved in Nuclear weapons production. I dont need formulea and tele numbers to order the material and machines -:)...just info on where this stuff is done..the people involved..the problems involved,etc,etc

Guest yobob1

Oil flattening out is not a big surprise, at least to me. It's all about the unwinding of the "China Syndrome". The one where all the projections about China were made by the same batch of idiots that made all of the tech projections up to the year 2000. It really is a good thing they didn't come true, because if the tech projections had proved out, the planet would be knee-deep in PCs & Palm Pilots by now. China hit the brakes about 2 months ago and the deceleration has begun. Very soon the ramped production of materials brought on by the higher prices and anticipation of a car in every Chinese garage will crash into the slowing of China's growth rate and the decline of consumption in the US. I also believe that China had been building strategic stockpiles, and that may be slowing.

That said I think oil's downside is limited by declining supply from the maturing fields. A stronger (and most likely) downturn in the global economy could lead to a short term glut, but long term it has nowhere to go but up.

IMO the PM group is likely to wallow around in the current range for a few months, barring any untimely disasters. It would appear to me that there currently isn't enough investment interest to spark any major rallies. Time should correct that. Once again, my view of gold is that it's function is to preserve purchasing power over the long term. An anchor in an otherwise unanchored world. I still believe that silver will have it's day as the remaining small above ground stockpiles are further diminished. Most new silver is produced as a byproduct of other mining activity, copper, zinc, etc. As demand for the base metals falls, less silver will be produced so silver supply is somewhat self adjusting to demand. Silver is a required strategic and industrial metal in thousands of applications and I believe the production deficit of the last 50+ years will continue. In most applications the amount of silver used is so small that even a very high price on the silver will have little effect on the price of the finished good. All that said I would be lot more comfortable about the short term price in silver if we would revisit the $5.30-$5.35 level first. I think there's a significant amount of undfinished business at that level.

I make no commentary here about the mining stocks. There are no doubt a few long term gems in that group, but as they are mere paper claims on an item that may or may not exist in the purported quantities and densities, I think they are subject to the same laws of supply and demand as any other stock. Sort of like Shell saying "oops, looks like we overcounted a bit". I also believe that many of the gold miners in particular were high grading when prices were low in order to remain profitable or to limit losses. If true, going forward production will gradually decline as they have to crush more ore to get the same amount of gold meaning they might not be as profitable as one might guess. A strong decline in the broader markets are likely to take the PM group right with it if there is a rush to liquidity.

What caused the futures drop? Did Bush call Cheney a big doo-doo head? :lol:

How do these braindead morons look at themselves in the morning?

They look into very expensive mirrors, in very expensive bathrooms with very expensive hookers on their arms, in very large and expensive houses in very nice and exclusive neighborhoods, with very expensive cars/SUVs outside.

At least that's how I do it! :grin:

Archived