Amazon's Amazing Ramp

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Volumes did rise on the NASDAQ today, making it 4 days of significant selling over the past week. And get this, for FWIW, two of these days, Wednesday and today, were big downside reversals. Wednesday hit a high of 2190.64; Today's high (drumroll please)...2190.48. Talk about a ceiling! Not sure what it really means, if anything, but interesting we didn't tag new highs today.

Volume fell on the SP, so nothing to get excited about. Still, 3 days of selling with no significant buying this week.

There's only a few companies supporting this thing. If you guys are right, when those big names fall back to earth, the whole market should cave-in.

Got a 28 person Texas hold'um tournament tonight, and two days of rifle training this weakend. Tanks for a fun week! B) Hold down the bear fort and I'll see you Monday.

Gonna leave with you with the bear dance. :P

post-4028-1256331364.gif

Volumes did rise on the NASDAQ today, making it 4 days of significant selling over the past week. And get this, for FWIW, two of these days, Wednesday and today, were big downside reversals. Wednesday hit a high of 2190.64; Today's high (drumroll please)...2190.48. Talk about a ceiling! Not sure what it really means, if anything, but interesting we didn't tag new highs today.

Volume fell on the SP, so nothing to get excited about. Still, 3 days of selling with no significant buying this week.

There's only a few companies supporting this thing. If you guys are right, when those big names fall back to earth, the whole market should cave-in.

Got a 28 person Texas hold'um tournament tonight, and two days of rifle training this weakend. Tanks for a fun week! B) Hold down the bear fort and I'll see you Monday.

Gonna leave with you with the bear dance. :P

Good job...

It's been a good week.

See you all on Sunday night.

History ryhmes?

Since the charts on the indexes look quite similar to the 1975 liftoff, and Tradestation provides some individual stock charts back to those days, I thought I would compare a high flier of the time, with one today. By the way. I looked at a bunch of symbols, and it is striking how similar many of them look to individual stock charts today.

Just as with Baidu now, it must have seemed the Hewlett Packard would never stop rising in 1975...

Well it eventually had a bit of a correction after a run just a bit shorter than BIDU's current ramp.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

for sure, it seems that virtually evey one you talk to Believes that the Long Term interest rate will not advance for the doolar...

the following P and Figger Chart may not yet be clear, but the potential for lower bond prices looks very real to your jickiss.

post-1911-1256335148_thumb.png

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

for sure, it seems that virtually evey one you talk to Believes that the Long Term interest rate will not advance for the doolar...

the following P and Figger Chart may not yet be clear, but the potential for lower bond prices looks very real to your jickiss.

we may be a day or two away from getting a clear signal.....

There is a pretty interesting discussion going on over on Denninger's message boards regarding CC rate hikes. It seems alot of people are getting subjected to complimentary 25%+ interest rates on their credit cards, even if they have been good customers. The theory appears to be that the CC are attempting to make money any way they can because their losses are big.

It certainly seems like a game of Chicken. If you owe alot of money and you get the huge rate jack, why not just declare BK and give the boyz a big middle finger? A BK filing this year probably won't be a big deal in a year or two anyways, especially if things get worse.

If the big boyz were playing their cards correctly they would be lowering interest levels on people with large balances in order to reduce chances for a BK filing, after all, getting money back is certainly better than getting nothing back and eating a discharge. Of course we know they are not smart because they made massive unsecured loans without even verifying people's ability to pay.

:lol:

idiots!

SPX Mr. Widget for EOD. Bears gain short term control on Wednesday. The short term Cue was up early Thursday and bulls were saying it ain't time yet to relinquish control, but it appears to me that the yellow oscillator is indicating a shift in the bias down so bulls were trading against the bias and late Thursday price began to cross at the Cue Crosover and we got a Cue Down early Friday and from there the gas pedal was applied.

post-326-1256336795_thumb.jpg

I have heard longtime precious metal experts like Dave Morgan say how there might be "one more shakeout" of gold before the "real" explosion begins. I like Dave Morgan, but there have been enough calls by these guys for "one more shakeout" to fill Fort Knox! Either commit to buying the stuff, or don't. Period. Nobody knows if and when there will be shakeouts, or how big they will be if/when they arrive.

As for Amazon.com- speaking of calls for "one more"- very gullibly on my part, I really did believe we were done with this nonsense. Not that it was impossible for there to be bounces- even big ones- but to get to the point where this POS has SURPASSED the bubble high...well, what can you say? And no, Peter Schiff, I don't care that it's down in "real" terms- nobody could have imagined this- even the most bullishly bullish bull. And as far as I'm concerned, this is all the more reason to BUY put options for Jan '11 and Jan '12. The higher up they go, the harder they fall. And even if they don't fall far enough, the pricing is so lopsided, it would be insane NOT to take the "risk"!

Happy trading...

Archived