• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is interesting, has anyone posted this yet ?

October 19, 2009

The Stock Market Has Never Been This (Intermediate-Term) Overbought

John P. Hussman, Ph.D.

http://www.hussmanfunds.com/wmc/wmc091019.htm (includes a chart of 1980)

One of the notable features of extreme overbought conditions is that investors rarely have much opportunity to get out

I would be less than forthright, however, if I didn't admit that I suspect the current overbought condition may be cleared somewhat violently. :lol:

Shaky Underpinnings – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Tuesday, October 20, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Cycle based stock screening data weakened across the board on Tuesday. Monday’s weakness in these numbers turned out to be a precursor to a broader down day. Tuesday’s weakening is even more pronounced. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

I don't see the market being overbought. I see it having suffered a prolonged momentum loss. I don't know what "overbought" means. It depends who did the buying. Overpriced? It's worth what someone will pay. That could be different tomorrow.

Now if the liquidity is about to dry up, that I understand.

Underliquid.

Yeah. That's the ticket.

<h2 class="post-title">Shaky Underpinnings – Professional Edition</h2>

by Lee Adler, Tuesday, October 20, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Cycle based stock screening data weakened across the board on Tuesday. Monday’s weakness in these numbers turned out to be a precursor to a broader down day. Tuesday’s weakening is even more pronounced. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

"The weakening in the 13 week cycle should not be happening at this stage of the cycle."

Doc's startin to talk dirty again...

Value can be considered to lie at the 50 bar ma (red), and when you think in terms of overbought/Dover Sole, I'd have to say we are about as far away from value now as it was in March.

Bears would enjoy a price correction back to the gap at 912 and where the 50 bar ma lies. Just think we just hit a downtrend line.

SPX chart http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartL..._1256088834.png

matt taibbi

new piece interesting stuff

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story...naked_swindle/1

the demise of bear and who was nostradamus

dharma

Brought over from IDS, worth reading. the Fraudsters are sticking it to J6P. again. :angry2:

"Wall Street has turned the economy into a giant asset-stripping scheme, one whose purpose is to suck the last bits of meat from the carcass of the middle class."

I might add that this is a greedy middle class.

Why did ppl flip houses? Greed.

Why did ppl buy dot con socks? Greed.

Wall Street might exploit, but, a lot of ppl let them selves be exploited, while searching and believing an "easy" buck.

I don't see the market being overbought. I see it having suffered a prolonged momentum loss. I don't know what "overbought" means. It depends who did the buying. Overpriced? It's worth what someone will pay. That could be different tomorrow.

Now if the liquidity is about to dry up, that I understand.

Underliquid.

Yeah. That's the ticket.

Your Fed report is the key to everything.

Doc, I have a question. Do you think it's a right time to buy a house, assuming I'll be able to press a seller to 10%+ discount?

I'm afraid to miss the current 30Y rate

Cramit who told Cramericans to sell before Crapple earnings is "wearing" an "apple prop", throwing sheet around the studio ,and just upped his Apple target to $ 300........

He said $300 explicitly???? At $300 it will be in the top-5 world biggest co. An iPod maker.

The next bubble ??? (one of them)

China M1 Money Supply, YoY, September + 29.5% (record increase)

China M2 Money Supply, YoY, September + 29.3% (record increase)(an increase of 870 billion yuan in September)

China's Official Foreign Exchange Reserves are back up to new record highs

In September, new loans rose to 516.7 billion yuan ($75.8 billion), up 34 percent year-on-year. (not as fast as they were increasing)

Does China remind anyone of the USA during the roaring 1920s ??? (just wondering)

post-7504-1256078788.png

As you know the Yuan is pegged to the US$

post-7504-1256078804.png

Fundamentally - yes. USA was the biggest exporter in the world facing the problem that it's currency is getting stronger and stronger.

I like Faber but not 3rd party translation of his views - this article has more words than ideas.

You know my position. We are experiencing a normal cyclical K-winter, not the first one, not the last one. And not the worst one.

So maybe it won't be the end of capitalism. That wasn't the point. Farrell works for the mainstream media. He's one of us, and he gets away with it. He has a lot of courage. Telling it like it is from behind enemy lines. You know something about that. It takes guts to write that kind of stuff from where he is, using his own name, no less. Most of the bearish voices out there are independents, with their own businesses. No one to tell them to chill.

Farrell has been beating the drum over there for a while now. That's why I like him so much.

Oh, and by the way, isn't it a little early to know whether this will be the worst one or not?

Talk to me in 10 years.

So maybe it won't be the end of capitalism. That wasn't the point. Farrell works for the mainstream media. He's one of us, and he gets away with it. He has a lot of courage. Telling it like it is from behind enemy lines. You know something about that. It takes guts to write that kind of stuff from where he is, using his own name, no less. Most of the bearish voices out there are independents, with their own businesses. No one to tell them to chill.

Farrell has been beating the drum over there for a while now. That's why I like him so much.

Oh, and by the way, isn't it a little early to know whether this will be the worst one or not?

Talk to me in 10 years.

Yes, my call is premature. My opinion that this one will not be the worst is based only on one single argument - somehow we avoided the bank run by the population.

Imagine if 50 million of people are heading to the bank and ask to get the deposit in cash. We've being very, very close to that last year. Probably the sheeples are too stupid, and that saved us. I had nothing in the bank back then

Archived