Annudder Day Annuder Day

CME looks ready to blast off from 595 to about 650. The breakout is at 596.30.  You could buy the breakout and put your stop there.

I'll take 4 shares, please. 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

591146[/snapback]

Makes me think of mmoy's comments about buying Berkshire Class A stock. :D :D

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cne could take off again....

gild i think should have a nice move up...

cde ... still looks good

nto .... looks good.

time to be the new sith lord part 2 ?? WFMI ?

now , i did not have time but I would have bought some putz on the DIA at the close. just for a SPEC trade.

i agree with mad on URZ.

post-3007-1184361311_thumb.jpg

post-3007-1184361327_thumb.jpg

post-3007-1184361440_thumb.jpg

post-3007-1184361452_thumb.jpg

post-3007-1184361470_thumb.jpg

My advice to everybody. Look for the fundamentally most lame stocks that have the parabolic move. Ideal if there's high insider/institutional selling.

100%+ returns guaranteed.

Just be right next to the fire exit.

If AMZN breaks through 78, it's going to 100. Can you believe it?

And, hell, it might only take a week to get there. 

What a world.

591149[/snapback]

I'm gonna start a rumor this weekend that Buffett is buying AMZN. I'll plant it in the National Enquirer and on Drudge.

"Terrorists" make the best politically-correct enemies.  That way, your enemy isn't any specific country.

Note the sno-job the Bushies like to advocate: Mohammed is our friend, terrorists are not.

591144[/snapback]

American Torture: From the Cold War to Abu Ghraib and Beyond (Paperback)

by Michael Otterman

interesting book and highlights how both major political parties have been part of the crime spree.

I watched part of the "Money Masters" from Google Video yesterday.  Very interesting.  But also factually inaccurate in many areas.  Still, if you have 3 - 5 hours to blow, very entertaining.

Some common myths:

1) Deflation is wonderful.

2) Our tax dollars are skimmed by an international conspiracy of bankers.

3) Paying interest on the national debt is immoral.

4) Commodity-based currencies suck. 

Some truths:

1) The Bank of England started the central banking model.

2) Bankers prefer deflation.

3) The power elite has always conspired to build a national central bank.

Just my 2c.

591132[/snapback]

I would think bankers prefer inflation... After all why did they create the fractional reserve system and central banking model? To print money....

591138[/snapback]

Agreed.

The notion that bankers prefer deflation seems rather odd.

Bankers didn't really enjoy the deflation of the 1930s.

During deflation, the collateral against which loans are made falls in real value. That diminishes the likelihood that foreclosure can make the creditor whole.

Deflation also escalates the real burden of all debtors - this will tend to increase foreclosures, increasing the supply of distress assets at precisely the wrong time for bankers.

That isn't to say that inflation can't also be a problem.

Bankers prefer above all else stability.

But if forced, I reckon they'd prefer stable inflation to stable deflation.

I would think bankers prefer inflation... After all why did they create the fractional reserve system and central banking model? To print money....

Bankers own no real assets, just money. Inflation devalues the real value of that money, which makes it that much harder for them to stay ahead.

They have other tools to stay ahead, like interest rate spreads and fractional reserve. But banks were one of the biggest owners of Treasury bonds after WWII. You can't tell me they got a good deal on it?

I think what happened is that the Rockefellers and Rothschilds and Morgans thought they could monopolize and control the federal government. But FDR pretty much ended that. Government is in control. Consider that the Bank of England used to return enormous profits to their stakeholders in the 18th century; today, the Fed is obligated to return the bulk of its profits back to the Treasury.

I'm not saying private bankers don't benefit from the system, but their benefit is different from the way most conspiracists imagine.

591142[/snapback]

I believe that it is the other way around.... The bankers did what was in their best interest when it came to FDR.....I think government was trying to gain control via trade tariffs, etc. but the bankers penalized them with the great depression... read these quotes......

?The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the large centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.? Franklin Delano Roosevelt 1933

?We shall have world government whether or not you like it?.by conquest or consent.? James Warburg (Rothschild banking agent, financial adviser to President Franklin D. Roosevelt)

The bankers are the ones making a killing in the market... look at there bonuses..they love inflation

Ad in Craigslist today:

NO DOWN PAYMENT NEEDED to purchase 4 investment properties! Instant equity

Of $100k plus huge development potential on one of them! Help me cover my cashflow

And I?ll help you buy it for my PAYOFF with NOTHING DOWN!

Properties are rehabbed, rented, and ready to go! You must be able to cover current negative cashflow and convert to your own financing in 1-2 years. Willing to sell individually (except Lakeport property) or as a group. Also willing to sell as a package for current payoffs!

All properties are rented, and three of them have been completely remodeled. PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB TENANTS ? DRIVE BY ONLY!!

3/1 1400SF ON 2 ACRES

21200 Old Alturas Rd Redding, CA

pmt: $2767(piti) rent: $1,700 cashflow: -$1,067

4/2 1500SF ON ? ACRE.

2144 Deerfield Ave. Redding, CA

pmt: $2459(piti) rent: $1,300 cashflow: -$1,159

3/2 1100 SF ON 5,000SF LOT

4054 Snook Ave. Clearlake, CA

pmt: $1511(piti) rent: $1,000 cashflow: -$511

2/1.5 900SF ON LOT SPLITTABLE INTO 3 PARCELS (HUGE DEVELOPMENT POTENTIAL!)

495 N. Estep Lakeport, CA

pmt: $1680(piti) rent: $1,000 cashflow: -$680

SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY, PLEASE (WE ARE NOT IN DEFAULT)

:blink:

Yeah, bankers love stability the most. I'll give you that. They hate depressions and they hate Weimars. With stability, they'll find a way to profit in any scenario.

With inflation, it's true. They do generate most of the increased money supply and they get to make something out of nothing. But it's not the results of inflation they love, it's the fact that they get to cause the inflation that is more important.

On deflation, banks didn't like the Great Depression. But they certainly loved the Gilded Age. That was deflationary, and they had a ball. Their control of the economy in that time rivals their control of the economy today.

I disagree strongly with the notion that the government is a pawn. If you read up on Fed chairmen post World War II, they're a bunch of willie-nillie punks ordered around by various presidents & Congress people. They're also a bunch of willie-nillie punks who loosen the regulatory oversight over banks to let them do whatever they want.

2/1.5 900SF ON LOT SPLITTABLE INTO 3 PARCELS (HUGE DEVELOPMENT POTENTIAL!)

495 N. Estep Lakeport, CA

pmt: $1680(piti) rent: $1,000 cashflow: -$680

SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY, PLEASE (WE ARE NOT IN DEFAULT)

:blink:

Musta been bought by a Bay Area moron used to negative cash flows and high appreciation rates.

If AMZN breaks through 78, it's going to 100. Can you believe it?

And, hell, it might only take a week to get there. 

What a world.

591149[/snapback]

I'm gonna start a rumor this weekend that Buffett is buying AMZN. I'll plant it in the National Enquirer and on Drudge.

591151[/snapback]

No need for a rumor. This ships next Saturday:

41qTZcMasSL._SS400_.jpg

An industry was almost wiped out this weekend.

Internet music radio, something that's popular with many that I know and something that I enjoy, usually when working from home was set to expire due to new rates from the CRB that would have bankrupted most operators.

They've won a reprieve but it's not clear if some kind of resolution will be forthcoming.

The problem is that many webcasters have very little revenue so that the record labels aren't interested in a percentage of revenue deal. But charging users (other than listening to ads like regular radio) is a tough sell.

Perhaps the record labels want more paid listeners. Or perhaps they're just worried about being squeezed into the digital revolution. Worst case I could always hook up my stereo tuner from the late 1970s.

Archived