Dating Fraud

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The simplest form of TA is range breakout. Despite all the opposing views, there's nearly a consensus on the range for the S&P: 962 low and 1015 high.

One of these days the S&P will break out of that range. It could be a fake-out. But the First Commandment of TA ("Follow the trend") would tell you to hang the black crepe below 962, and borrow a pair of horns above 1015.

Stoolville will divide into two groups. Those who say "here's my strategy for taking advantage of, or coping with, the breakout;" and those who respond with "my clairvoyant prediction of XXX level by XX-XX-XX date still holds. Tighten your blindfolds and march resolutely, o ye faithful!" (Pile's post, of course, is in the former group. He's thinking ahead and has a strategy for the contingency.)

......but watch for a coincidental news is noise moment at 1018.89....

......either way. :P

....whether it gets there or not? :blink:

Allegedly, at one point in the 20th Century, right beFUR WWII? the Swiss had hundreds of thousands of FUReign workers in the country, and gave them all the boot all at once.

The notion that Switzerland had any role in the FURmation of our democratic republic is misguided.

Guest Icky Twerp
From Drudge:

Crapvision MONEY HONEY BARTIROMO UNDER FIRE FOR STOCK HOLDINGS... DEVELOPING...

Oh! I was flipping around my cable channels with this in the back of my head, and all of a sudden I had an image of All the Crapvision honeys in a Prison Movie. Oh, gee, impure thoughts...must...concentrate... on ... technicals....

The notion that Switzerland had any role in the FURmation of our democratic republic is misguided.

Excerpts from the correspondence of Thomas Jefferson:

"Indeed, it must be acknowledged, that the term republic is of very vague application in every language. Witness the self-styled republics of Holland, Switzerland, Genoa, Venice, Poland. Were I to assign to this term a precise and definite idea, I would say, purely and simply, it means a government by its citizens in mass, acting directly and personally, according to rules established by the majority; and that every other government is more or less republican, in proportion as it has in its composition more or less of this ingredient of the direct action of the citizens."

Jefferson - Republics, Forms Of

The Swiss Republic having existed since the 1300s, it most certainly was known to and considered by the Founders.

Durban Roodepoort Deep, the marginal producer, is still deadlocked in its wage talks with the NUM; it has offered increases of between 2 percent and 4 percent.

Relations with the NUM soured earlier when DRD threatened the closure of its biggest operating division after it sustained heavy losses. The North West business unit employs 13,000 workers.

AngloGold, Harmony Gold and Gold Fields reached settlement, Drooy still in negotiations. PDG settled a couple weeks ago.......

Pros: No strike. Good climate all year unlike the conditions for Russian gold miners. :grin:

Cons: A strong Rand (trading @ 7.42 just off multiyear lows). Low is strong in the case of the Rand.

The management caved and agreed to 10% (2% above inflation) + improvement in housing etc.

Anglogold is least affected of the three major SA miners due to its diversification in production areas.

Harmony feels the effects of a strong Rand the most as most of their production is in South Africa.

Goldfield is in between and regarding Drooy I wouldn't even bother before gold is over $400/oz.

Currently flat except for my miners .....made some serious coin last week....going to see how things play out...in Dabulls favor ascending triangle and reverse H$S on the charts, not to mention the PPT and "SADAMN capture". In dabears corner ...sentiment , bubblemania 2, and funnymentals...this week should tell the story...will break one way from this rangebound territory...wont be chasing any screamers but will be waiting to pounce on new shorts/ puts @ 1010 and 1015 if we get there...if so it will be soon next 1-2 days, of course we could tank straight out of the box tomorrow catching everyone off guard. Gonna be an interesting week...lots of cycles pointing toward an early aug low! TRADE SAFE!

machinehead wrote:

"The current situation, where the out months are discounted, is unusual. (Thanks to The End for pointing that out.) But is it a buy signal? Implicitly, the discount tells you that the S&P's dividend yield is relatively high compared to short-term interest rates, which is a possible indication that stocks offer relative value compared to T-bills."

Thanks for the rest of your excellent analysis, which I didn't re-copy here but did copy the above by way of asking the following:

In commodity futures, a market going inverse is almost always bullish. Indicates a shortage of the commodity, requiring users to pay up for nearby contracts to cover current requirements. Do you see any correlation to the current S&P inversion?

Archived